Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ram Tah's Last Hurrrah

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    Time for some Heavy duty vehicule to handle that kind of CG

https://i.imgur.com/xBuMBy8.jpg
    Have we set up any sort of Ferry Service?
    The Sidewinder can collect 8 items without needing to land.
    A few of those ferrying to larger ships in or it, transferring until full?

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #122
    Hello folks,

Just a quick update to this CG: we'll be reducing the amount of Guardian Artefacts required to achieve the target goal. The changes should be live momentarily.

Good luck getting Ram Tah those Guardian artefacts!

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello folks,

Just a quick update to this CG: we'll be reducing the amount of Guardian Artefacts required to achieve the target goal. The changes should be live momentarily.

Thanks a lot Will for the heads up

Hello folks,

This sounds like missing the target goal could be a big deal !

Hello folks,

Argh! I bet I miss this one now. Spent my play-time on the weekend messing around with fitting out a Keelback and then getting distracted with some local missions. With that and fighting off repeated interdictions in systems around Meene, I didn't manage to get out to the ruins. I'll have to try again tonight/tomorrow but I fear now it will be over within the day today.

Yay! 90% into tier 2 now

O7,

What was the payout at T1?

Awesome, thanks for making alterations Fdev - much appreciated

Well, the usual fee...including expenses (10:52 galactic time):

Top 10: 1m
    10%: 800k
    25%: 600k
    50%: 400k
    75%: 200k
    100%: 100k

1583 participants, 89.703 tonnes delivered. Sorry, can't take a screenshot right now.

O7,

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    unless you are out there in a cutter or so
    Can you deploy a ship, collect cargo with that ship, and then return it to the main ship's cargo?

This is how the CG looks now:

Originally Posted by KaizoMK View Post (Source)
    Can you deploy a ship, collect cargo with that ship, and then return it to the main ship's cargo?
    I believe fighters are too small to carry cargo and have no scanners or cargo scoops so unfortunately no. There was a mention of Anacondas being able to carry sidewinders at one time so may be at some point ? Ferrying between cmdrs is possible though.

Originally Posted by KaizoMK View Post (Source)
    No. Ships that we have access to can only deploy SLFs that have no capability for cargo.

Ground scooping with a ship requires a ship with the scoop very close to the front, which favours the shorter ships.

In case, anyone's wondering. This is how I collect them (2t/min) using lots of relogging (I don't know, how else we're expected to do this) at the ruins at Synuefe XR-H D11-102 planet 1 B (in solo mode):

(Excuse my poor drawing)

1. relog while driving uphill, lower cargo scoop, throttle to 13
    2. target totem, collect totem while jumping over it
    3. target urn, collect urn while jumping over it
    4. store cargo in ship
    5. repeat

This gives you approx. 2t/min. Take your biggest ship, fill it. Take care to take shields and good thrusters, since you will be attacked on your way back.

That was my approach, except that in Asp I was able to land nearer on the flat bit. It's really a bit weird to have a CG where you really have to do a lot of relogging, considering that FD have said it's undesirable. I don't see a better way though.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast