Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PAX EAST 2018 – Frontier Meet Announcement

Originally Posted by NO_FEAR_1963 View Post (Source)
    I live an hour from Boston in NH but used to either share a room with friends or my girl if she wanted to come. I've always liked the social scene with like minded gamers, it's part of the PAX POX I seem to catch every year ;-) and it's nice to stay close by when your out for a 4 day bender in Boston. But the last 2 years I just opted to drive in and let my girl drive me home (we take turns being the DD). It's literally cheaper when I fly out to LA and spend a week at E3 than a 3 night stay in Boston including parking and transportation.

I do hope I get a chance to go and meet everyone, last year I missed out on this party because of being invited to another before. That's what's great about PAX, so many events to attend and fortunate to get these invites...good problems to have!
    Totally hear you and hope to see you there.

Mace and I decided to forgo PAX and just hangout and play Elite Thursday and Friday - we live in different states so we meet update the hotel and try to get rooms on the same floor to make it easier to move equipment around.

Our Hotel is about 20 minutes west of Boston and we got two nights for the price of one in downtown, plus the good news is Mace is always the DD, so I get to have his and my, uh, refreshments at the Elite Meet...

Originally Posted by lmhansen View Post (Source)
    Boston is close enough for me. I can drive in there on a Thursday night
    Hope to see you there!

Go if you can, recommended

Did Frontier Meet at Pax East last year.
    10/10.
    Would FM again.

Pax Tickets can usually be found on StubHub or other ticket reselling apps for face value or less. That's how I got mine last minute last year.

Last year it snowed. Hopefully this year is warmer- spring has already hit in North Carolina.

The event was at the Hard Rock cafe and was a lot of fun. FD provided free food and drink, and FD staff to corner and discuss your favorite requested game feature. *Hint; FD are incredibly disciplined and will not reveal anything about future developments, even after many drinks at the bar.

The other commanders present were all nice folks and it was easy to strike up conversations.

FD were really lovely, awesome hosts and easy to talk with about games or whatever. This is a really nice thank you from FD to fans and if you are available I highly recommend you to go.

If I had one request of FD, it would have been to offer at least one sneak peek at least. While it isn't LaveCon, it is more likely those in the US can attend Pax E or W than to ever cross the pond for a game show. Though I am dreaming of the next Frontier Expo in London . . .

I'd love to go again and get some face time with Team FD and convince them all my ideas are the right ones, but I've got my eye on buying a few things instead; a copy of ED and Horizons for my Xbox and big screen. Also, looking forward to a new GPU and Vive Pro for my PC to experience the premier VR game (ED) later this year in all its 3d glory.

My only disappointment was really the streamers from Bad News Baron's gang, pushing Star Citizen to me multiple times after only brief conversation. It wasn't even like the conversation had fizzled, they just started interjecting "this other great space sim I might not know about..." It was really, really annoying and I felt disrespectful of the host/event.

Originally Posted by Hydrino View Post (Source)
    Last year it snowed. Hopefully this year is warmer- spring has already hit in North Carolina.

The event was at the Hard Rock cafe and was a lot of fun. FD provided free food and drink, and FD staff to corner and discuss your favorite requested game feature. *Hint; FD are incredibly disciplined and will not reveal anything about future developments, even after many drinks at the bar.

The other commanders present were all nice folks and it was easy to strike up conversations.

FD were really lovely, awesome hosts and easy to talk with about games or whatever. This is a really nice thank you from FD to fans and if you are available I highly recommend you to go.

If I had one request of FD, it would have been to offer at least one sneak peek at least. While it isn't LaveCon, it is more likely those in the US can attend Pax E or W than to ever cross the pond for a game show. Though I am dreaming of the next Frontier Expo in London . . .

I'd love to go again and get some face time with Team FD and convince them all my ideas are the right ones, but I've got my eye on buying a few things instead; a copy of ED and Horizons for my Xbox and big screen. Also, looking forward to a new GPU and Vive Pro for my PC to experience the premier VR game (ED) later this year in all its 3d glory.

My only disappointment was really the streamers from Bad News Baron's gang, pushing Star Citizen to me multiple times after only brief conversation. It wasn't even like the conversation had fizzled, they just started interjecting "this other great space sim I might not know about..." It was really, really annoying and I felt disrespectful of the host/event.
    First - and just FYI - Elite CMDR Deluxe is on sale on XBOX right now until March 6th for $30

As far as what you said, I have to agree that the folks from FDev were really nice.

And it would also be cool if they could have a short presentation during which they could release some new tidbit of info for those of us making the trek out to Boston :-)

I also very much appreciated the "electronic" goodie bag they sent us - all my ships have the PAX only decals on them.

For anyone who hasn't gone to PAX before I totally recommend it, but having been several times in the past, this year my plan is to just hang out and play Elite in person with friends that Friday at the hotel ;-)

Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    Nice - I live in the Berkshires in Western MA so it's three hours for me.
    Ah, now I see where your name is coming from. I love driving out that way when I can, and up the mountain too.

Stubhub has been added to the not reseller list from PAX East. So I would not trust them. I will be there for the meet & great. Also heard news that the leader of Aegis Research will be there aswell. It will be nice to see greylock again. I wonder if DJtruthsayer or the brocast will be there.

Originally Posted by lmhansen View Post (Source)
    Ah, now I see where your name is coming from. I love driving out that way when I can, and up the mountain too.
    You found me out! We can see Greylock from our house, and since Greylock was taken I went with Greylock3491.

Originally Posted by ObiJ3ff View Post (Source)
    I will be there for the meet & great.
    See you there!

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #37
    Hello everyone,

Submissions for the PAX EAST 2018 meet are now closed. Thanks to all those who signed up to the event - we can't wait to see you!

We will be sending out tickets shortly, so keep an eye out for those. We will post information about the venue soon, but meanwhile, if you have any questions about the event, please let us know!

Will

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone,

Submissions for the PAX EAST 2018 meet are now closed. Thanks to all those who signed up to the event - we can't wait to see you!

We will be sending out tickets shortly, so keep an eye out for those. We will post information about the venue soon, but meanwhile, if you have any questions about the event, please let us know!

Will
    Thanks for the update Will.

I've been promoting it on my livestreams and it's good to know there's going to be a good turnout again this year :-D

Hi cmdr's do we have any information on meetups in the UK this year I keep missing out

I hope we will be at the boston hard rock cafι again. They have great food there. Parking is cheaper if you park at the hotel next door it was like $25 instead of parking above the hard rock witch would be $40. If you are handicapped they have free parking next door.

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    One day they'll come to PAX Aus. Even if they just sent one staff member to coordinate, with a small display they'd get at least a half dozen volunteers here in the Australian player base to help run it, I'm sure.
    Well, the EDAKL Facebook page will be organising a meetup, that's for sure. We had one last Sat in fact.

Just wondering if you guys have sent out the tickets. We signed up on the google form literally minutes after this thread was made and haven’t heard anything back. Thanks hope to see you all soon

Originally Posted by Ghost Giraffe View Post (Source)
    Just wondering if you guys have sent out the tickets. We signed up on the google form literally minutes after this thread was made and haven’t heard anything back. Thanks hope to see you all soon
    I don't think they have yet.. I also signed up almost immediately and got nothing so far

Can we maybe get the PAX 2016 paintjobs this year?

15. This is the last staff post in this thread. #45
    Hey folks!

The invites for the community meet have now been sent out via email. Check your inboxes and contact me if you haven't received anything (but signed up for the meet!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast