Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Massive flaw in the new Crime and Punishment.Selling credit for real money.

On the contrary, it was and is still, very very easy to get a massive bounty. What the "old gold farmers" used to do was:

Get a T-9
    Load up with illegal goods
    Get scanned in a system where the item is illegal = massive fine
    Log out, log back in again, get scanned
    Rinse and repeat
    They would now have say a 20 million fine
    All they then did was shoot something that was not wanted and the fine would turn into a bounty
    20 million fine now equals a bounty
    Mate/buyer could now shoot them and claim the full 20 million or whatever

That's why its capped. It was very easy to exploit.

"Massive" is a bit of an overstatement. Under the current rules, along with the bounty caps, using the new crime and punishment to farm in-game credits is a huge waste of time. There are far more efficient methods of generating in-game credits that don't rely on the crime and punishment system. If I were to use all three of my game accounts I could load up any size cargo hold with rare commodities in a very short period of time. The player (or players) supplying the commodities only invest a fraction of the credits that the recipient receives when making the sale ... and this is perfectly legitimate game play that Frontier encouraged during the Colonia Expansion Initiative. The only thing that would be discouraged would be trading the commodities for real-world cash which, I'm pretty sure, would violate Frontier's terms of service.

Originally Posted by Zer0cool View Post (Source)
    Is there a cool down after each collect? Otherwise kill, rinse. Repeat.

Before getting a million credit bounty took ages. It wasnt practical to farm credits this way. Now it is.

Never under estimate how far people will go to earn real money.
    Lol, earning one million in the game takes a few minutes, if anyone is willing to pay for that and go through all the struggle that's fine. They are making less money in more time after all...

Originally Posted by Susanna View Post (Source)
    But, but, but 1 million credits for a bounty is chicken feed! What's the point of the C&P system if this is capped at such a low level!

Are you really telling me that bounties are capped to 1 million? If that's the case, then the C&P system is never going to work imo. Even 100mil is insignificant, to some players. But I appreciate your post, newbies would pay for such a big head start in the game! I think an alternative system is needed.
    There is a difference between the bounty that gets paid out (1 million) and what you need to pay upon respawn (in some cases several millions). It will be fun when the credit sellers find out

About a year ago a squeaky voice American kid appeared on the GTA 5 scene, no one had heard of him before and people laughed when he starts selling GTA V dollar exploits saying no one would pay for that.

He estimated to have made nearly a million real life dollars now.

Never underestimate how far people will go to make money.
    Let's see a link for that story, and from a verifiable source, i couldn't find anything on that.
    Besides, google and YT are ripe with GTA exploits for anyone to look up freely.
    Again, it isn't about how far people will go to make money. If you don't have an easy and speedy method to distribute exploited goods you won't make any.

But, but, but 1 million credits for a bounty is chicken feed! What's the point of the C&P system if this is capped at such a low level!

Are you really telling me that bounties are capped to 1 million? If that's the case, then the C&P system is never going to work imo. Even 100mil is insignificant, to some players. But I appreciate your post, newbies would pay for such a big head start in the game! I think an alternative system is needed.
    I think the bounty cap only applies to the bounty COLLECTOR? The person who had the bounty can get penalized over that with no cap. (If I understand the system correctly?)

Bounties aren't capped to 1 million. The bounty voucher you get when killing a wanted player is capped at 1 million.
    Also I think I remember it was 1 million per faction.

We probably need to be aware of the distinction between bounty and fine.

Did anyone else watch last night's live stream? <hint hint>

Originally Posted by Macros Black View Post (Source)
    Think it's 1 million credits per system per faction.
    This is correct. Don't forget a kill warrant scanner if you're going to hunt other players.

Originally Posted by Kayweg View Post (Source)
    Let's see a link for that story, and from a verifiable source, i couldn't find anything on that.
    Besides, google and YT are ripe with GTA exploits for anyone to look up freely.
    Again, it isn't about how far people will go to make money. If you don't have an easy and speedy method to distribute exploited goods you won't make any.
    Google Goldenmods. 1 million + subscribers on youtube with 40k like per video. And his website where he sells exploited stuff goldengodz.com

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #25
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

For clarity:

• A criminal can have bounties issued against their ships.

• Most bounty crimes are nominal values, because the real cost of committing them is becoming wanted, which allows other ships to legally attack and destroy them, triggering a potentially expensive rebuy (as well as the hassle of losing cargo, vouchers and respawning at a detention centre).

• The murder crime has a special set of rules to determine its cost, by using a new statistic: Notoriety.

• Notoriety increases every time you commit the crime of murder. It's a value from 0-10, and always starts at 0.

• Notoriety decays over time spent playing the game, at the rate of 1 point for every two hours that pass playing.

• When you commit murder, as well as the static portion of the bounty value (which is being set as 5000 CR across the board for legibility), two other calculations kick in:

• 1. For every point of notoriety, an additional cost is added, equal to small fraction of your ship's rebuy value. This fraction increase ramps up as your Notoriety increses, so at Notoriety 10 you will be paying much, much more than at Notoriety 1.

• 2. If the victim's ship has a rebuy cost (all Commander ships do), then the bounty value is increased again. This time, the game looks at the difference between your ship's rebuy and the victim's rebuy. 10 percent of this value is added to the bounty per point of Notoriety you have. Basically, if the ship you attack has a bigger rebuy cost, then no extra is added. The cheaper the rebuy of the victim's ship, the greater the the amount of cost *could* be added. Notoriety determines exactly how much of this potential is *actually* added.

• When bounty hunters come a callin' and scan you and detect your bounty, they receive a bounty claim upon destroying your ship. This claim is equal to the bounty cost, but is capped (the cap is being increased to 2 million per jurisdiction. So even if you committed many murders and ended up with a 50 million credit bounty in a jurisdiction, the most a bounty hunter could claim upon taking you down is 2 million.

Other trivia:

• Notoriety also helps the victim. For each point of Notoriety your killer had when they murdered you, your rebuy cost is reduced by 6% in compensation by the Pilot's Federation. Basically, your rebuy will be more than halved when you fall foul of a Notoriety 10 murderer.

• Around starports, Notoriety is not used (it is not increased by murder and does not inflate the bounty) when ship destruction is caused by collision to mitigate ram trolling.

• Notoriety stops you using Interstellar Factors, and they're the only way to pay off bounties (fines can be paid of at security contacts).

• Bounties are attached to ships, not Commanders, so if you switch to a ship with no bounties, you will not be wanted.

• Bounties never run out. They last forever, or until claimed or paid off using the Interstellar Factors.

• If your combined bounty/fine value for jurisdictions aligned to a superpower exceed more than 2 million CR, they will be conglomerated into an Interstellar bounty, which will make you wanted in all jurisdictions controlled by factions aligned with the superpower.

Hope this info helps.

Before getting a million credit bounty took ages. It wasnt practical to farm credits this way. Now it is.

If you're going to go that far to get credits, you're doing it wrong.

It's easy to make credits, there's no need to buy them.

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    Cmdr Cosmicspacehead is (unusually ) right on this I think;
    A million cred bounty is not bad to earn but a 100 million rebuy is hell to pay.

I also think transferring the 200 mill for the 'Conda you bought on eBay - one million at a time - wouldn't be all that attractive. FDev could put in an Elite Rank versus Current Assets flag and then there's name and shame.
    Hey, I'm always* right!

What makes gold selling even more impractical is the fact that is completely breaks the EULA rules, and if caught, FD will close your account. Then they have to buy a new copy of the game, and grind bounties again. Regularly.

In top of that, we all love a good troll, I'd report every single CMDR offering to sell credits. It'd be a new sport in Open.

*Rarely

Off topic, but I had an idea to allow credit transfer, which can't exploited by anyone, and doesn't break the game. No one read it. It was brilliant. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

For clarity:

• A criminal can have bounties issued against their ships.

• Most bounty crimes are nominal values, because the real cost of committing them is becoming wanted, which allows other ships to legally attack and destroy them, triggering a potentially expensive rebuy (as well as the hassle of losing cargo, vouchers and respawning at a detention centre).

• The murder crime has a special set of rules to determine its cost, by using a new statistic: Notoriety.

• Notoriety increases every time you commit the crime of murder. It's a value from 0-10, and always starts at 0.

• Notoriety decays over time spent playing the game, at the rate of 1 point for every two hours that pass playing.

• When you commit murder, as well as the static portion of the bounty value (which is being set as 5000 CR across the board for legibility), two other calculations kick in:

• 1. For every point of notoriety, an additional cost is added, equal to small fraction of your ship's rebuy value. This fraction increase ramps up as your Notoriety increses, so at Notoriety 10 you will be paying much, much more than at Notoriety 1.

• 2. If the victim's ship has a rebuy cost (all Commander ships do), then the bounty value is increased again. This time, the game looks at the difference between your ship's rebuy and the victim's rebuy. 10 percent of this value is added to the bounty per point of Notoriety you have. Basically, if the ship you attack has a bigger rebuy cost, then no extra is added. The cheaper the rebuy of the victim's ship, the greater the the amount of cost *could* be added. Notoriety determines exactly how much of this potential is *actually* added.

• When bounty hunters come a callin' and scan you and detect your bounty, they receive a bounty claim upon destroying your ship. This claim is equal to the bounty cost, but is capped (the cap is being increased to 2 million per jurisdiction. So even if you committed many murders and ended up with a 50 million credit bounty in a jurisdiction, the most a bounty hunter could claim upon taking you down is 2 million.

Other trivia:

• Notoriety also helps the victim. For each point of Notoriety your killer had when they murdered you, your rebuy cost is reduced by 6% in compensation by the Pilot's Federation. Basically, your rebuy will be more than halved when you fall foul of a Notoriety 10 murderer.

• Around starports, Notoriety is not used (it is not increased by murder and does not inflate the bounty) when ship destruction is caused by collision to mitigate ram trolling.

• Notoriety stops you using Interstellar Factors, and they're the only way to pay off bounties (fines can be paid of at security contacts).

• Bounties are attached to ships, not Commanders, so if you switch to a ship with no bounties, you will not be wanted.

• Bounties never run out. They last forever, or until claimed or paid off using the Interstellar Factors.

• If your combined bounty/fine value for jurisdictions aligned to a superpower exceed more than 2 million CR, they will be conglomerated into an Interstellar bounty, which will make you wanted in all jurisdictions controlled by factions aligned with the superpower.

Hope this info helps.
    Woop. That just answered nearly every question I had about the new C&P system.

Thanks!

Only ones remaining are the actual values, but I guess they're under constant change for now.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Exclamation

To be 100% clear when the OP talks about 'murder' it means against any (non-Wanted, Report Crimes Against Me on if a Cmdr, etc) ship, Cmdr or NPC, yes ?

The payout is only 1 (now 2) million, but the killed, bountied, Cmdr loses ALL of the bounty at the rebuy screen.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast