Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 164

Thread: No Beyond for Mac

  1. #136
    Originally Posted by CMDR Kantos Kan View Post (Source)
    Yes, that's why you have to replace them every couple of years. Cheap, prone to break components. You always get what you pay for. I can easily do 5 to 10 years with the same laptop. My friends that use Windows computers have to replace them every couple of years. Because the system grabs so much adware, spyware and malware that after a couple of years, it is slow as molasses in January. When it's not the hard drive dying in a catastrophic failure. Yeah, right.

    So, no, thank you. I get a computer to get work done, not a computer to work on it...
    Well, Apple sure do make good work of their laptops.


  2. #137
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    Well, Apple sure do make good work of their laptops.
    Another low effort troll. Seems practice does not make perfect with this one.

  3. #138
    Originally Posted by Delilah View Post (Source)
    Another low effort troll. Seems practice does not make perfect with this one.
    I don't see how showing you Apple users how your beloved bussiness screws over the products you own is trolling. IDK maybe you like to buy a new Mac every new year.

    Oh, BTW, they sure have great customer service.


  4. #139
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    Oh, BTW, they sure have great customer service.
    Actually, their customer service is just fine unless you happen to be a bunch of chancers who think running a YouTube channel makes you special, and that flat-out lying about the terms of the repair process will somehow shame Apple into fixing something you destroyed yourself. Apple does not allow parts to just be sold to customers. It's been abused in the past and authorised repair shops know this. Based on Tech Tips's own description of the problem - it wasn't "just" the screen - several repair outfits in the know confirmed to various Mac news sites that with labour you're looking at a $5500 repair cost, minimum. On a $4999 machine.

    They dismantled their computer, something Apple expressly states will result in them refusing to service it, made it uneconomical to repair, and then acted all wounded and outraged when Apple did exactly what they say they would do.

    But seriously, you already know this, or you don't care for accuracy anyway, so why are you even here?

  5. #140
    Originally Posted by maddog_uk_69 View Post (Source)
    Actually, their customer service is just fine unless you happen to be a bunch of chancers who think running a YouTube channel makes you special, and that flat-out lying about the terms of the repair process will somehow shame Apple into fixing something you destroyed yourself. Apple does not allow parts to just be sold to customers. It's been abused in the past and authorised repair shops know this. Based on Tech Tips's own description of the problem - it wasn't "just" the screen - several repair outfits in the know confirmed to various Mac news sites that with labour you're looking at a $5500 repair cost, minimum. On a $4999 machine.

    They dismantled their computer, something Apple expressly states will result in them refusing to service it, made it uneconomical to repair, and then acted all wounded and outraged when Apple did exactly what they say they would do.

    But seriously, you already know this, or you don't care for accuracy anyway, so why are you even here?
    To express the fact that Apple is the only brand that will refuse to repair a product just because you opened it which if I remember well, is illegal.

  6. #141
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    is illegal
    Why? Show your working.

  7. #142
    Originally Posted by maddog_uk_69 View Post (Source)
    Why? Show your working.
    My bad, I got confused with this lawsuit. Apple kind of gets confused with the terms refurbishment and counterfeit.

    https://www.macrumors.com/2018/04/13...r-shop-norway/

  8. #143
    Originally Posted by fyonn View Post (Source)
    I'm not terribly optimistic, but DBOBE did make a comment about this kind of situation and I don't suppose this is what he had in mind, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    well, it didn't hurt to ask, but my lack of optimism was well placed. they have rejected any suggestion of an offline server for Mac users. They claimed that the dynamic nature of the game mean that an online universe would make for the best game. I pointed out that even a static game is better than no game, but still no dice.

    Not surprised at all, but disappointed.

  9. #144
    Originally Posted by fyonn View Post (Source)
    well, it didn't hurt to ask, but my lack of optimism was well placed. they have rejected any suggestion of an offline server for Mac users. They claimed that the dynamic nature of the game mean that an online universe would make for the best game. I pointed out that even a stoic game is better than no game, but still no dice.

    Not surprised at all, but disappointed.
    Thank you for trying fyonn.

  10. #145
    Originally Posted by Delilah View Post (Source)
    Thank you for trying fyonn.
    cheers.. I also tweeted my disappointment to DBOBE but have had no response there either.

  11. #146
    Someone or someones I have forgotten is the poor soul(s) who have been maintaining and updating the macOS ports.

    Their hard work is being counted as naught by Frontier. My thanks to those who have maintained the macOS port.

  12. #147
    Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    Someone or someones I have forgotten is the poor soul(s) who have been maintaining and updating the macOS ports.

    Their hard work is being counted as naught by Frontier. My thanks to those who have maintained the macOS port.
    Could you elaborate?

  13. #148
    Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    Someone or someones I have forgotten is the poor soul(s) who have been maintaining and updating the macOS ports.

    Their hard work is being counted as naught by Frontier. My thanks to those who have maintained the macOS port.
    I may be mistaken, but I recall that Sandy did not even know who was working on the Mac client. Which other devs noted likely meant that the maintenance release of Elite for Mac was being service outside of Frontier. Another of many data points that Frontier misled the mac community and effectively canceled the mac client before Horizons.

  14. #149
    Originally Posted by Delilah View Post (Source)
    I may be mistaken, but I recall that Sandy did not even know who was working on the Mac client. Which other devs noted likely meant that the maintenance release of Elite for Mac was being service outside of Frontier. Another of many data points that Frontier misled the mac community and effectively canceled the mac client before Horizons.
    You seem outraged, angry, annoyed, frustrated, etc. Why don't you throw the towel and ask for a refund? After that you'll have lost effectively nothing.

  15. #150
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    You seem outraged, angry, annoyed, frustrated, etc. Why don't you throw the towel and ask for a refund? After that you'll have lost effectively nothing.
    Delilah still plays on bootcamp & quite possibly on GeForce Now, the refund would completely remove access to ED.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast