Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: No Beyond for Mac

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Delilah still plays on bootcamp & quite possibly on GeForce Now, the refund would completely remove access to ED.
    Great, then I guess he's fine.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Delilah still plays on bootcamp & quite possibly on GeForce Now, the refund would completely remove access to ED.
    Thanks MickyG1982. As a troll or such, Kurama is ignorant of what's been discussed in our forums.

I did like GeForce Now, but the pricing is still too high. Liquid Sky never worked correctly for me. I am looking forward to Shadow Tech expanding out of the CA market and bring its services to the rest of NorAm.

I'll be trying an eGPU that a friend is loaning, but as I travel with frequency for work, I'll probably bet on streaming for Elite, Star Citizen (if it arrives), X4, and the other properties I invested in when Frontier went south.

Originally Posted by Delilah View Post (Source)
    Thanks MickyG1982. As a troll or such, Kurama is ignorant of what's been discussed in our forums.

I did like GeForce Now, but the pricing is still too high. Liquid Sky never worked correctly for me. I am looking forward to Shadow Tech expanding out of the CA market and bring its services to the rest of NorAm.

I'll be trying an eGPU that a friend is loaning, but as I travel with frequency for work, I'll probably bet on streaming for Elite, Star Citizen (if it arrives), X4, and the other properties I invested in when Frontier went south.
    Are you sure Star Citizen is coming to the Mac? Last time I heard its PC and Linux....

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    Are you sure Star Citizen is coming to the Mac? Last time I heard its PC and Linux....
    Did you read the bit about streaming?

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    Did you read the bit about streaming?
    I did- I just found the logic a bit odd.

I mean...so the big answer to gaming on the Mac is to.....stream a PC game from a virtual PC? How is that different in philosophy to Bootcamp?

I did- I just found the logic a bit odd.

I mean...so the big answer to gaming on the Mac is to.....stream a PC game from a virtual PC? How is that different in philosophy to Bootcamp?
    Don’t need a separate partition with a copy of Windows just to play games. Makes quite a lot of sense really.

Don’t need a separate partition with a copy of Windows just to play games. Makes quite a lot of sense really.
    But you are still paying for a MS operating system- in essence its saying native gaming is not an option. To me anyway it just shows why Apple has let Metal lag so much with such compelling alternatives- I'll be interested in seeing where Apple take Metal at WWDC18.

Its no wonder then that the Mac client was dropped if streaming a virtual PC provides better results.

To me anyway it just shows why Apple has let Metal lag so much with such compelling alternatives- I'll be interested in seeing where Apple take Metal at WWDC18.
    Metal for macOS has existed for less time than Elite: Dangerous. I wonder which is lagging the worst?

Metal for macOS has existed for less time than Elite: Dangerous. I wonder which is lagging the worst?
    Well, I'll be interested in what Tim Cook says- I never understood why they did not take the Vulkan route which is essentially having a DX competitor for free.

Well, I'll be interested in what Tim Cook says- I never understood why they did not take the Vulkan route which is essentially having a DX competitor for free.
    Yep, odd that when it was struggling, Apple was all for open standards, then when the cash started rolling in, it’s proprietary software time.

Here you go:

"OpenGL, OpenCL deprecated in favor of Metal 2 in macOS 10.14 Mojave"

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18...os-1014-mojave

Enjoy.

I just play Elite on the Mac when I'm on travel, but I would be happy to pay for the extension if they would provide a port. Hell, it's not even a Mac game, it uses some sort of Wine directly from the Windows version anyway.

PS: On High Sierra Beta, it complains that the game is not optimized for this Mac.

Originally Posted by surak View Post (Source)
    I just play Elite on the Mac when I'm on travel, but I would be happy to pay for the extension if they would provide a port. Hell, it's not even a Mac game, it uses some sort of Wine directly from the Windows version anyway.

PS: On High Sierra Beta, it complains that the game is not optimized for this Mac.
    Not many games are optimised for beta versions of Operating systems.

Why are you using a High Sierra beta or do you mean Mojave?

I think the optimisation message refers to 32bit apps which Apple are discouraging.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011