Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The Overlord Zarek Null has taken the Princess Aisling Duval hostage!!! (Player Event)

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Sounds like a good show.

Thumbs up to Z0.
    This is brilliant! I believe that you have just inadvertently invented an important "internet slang" gem: Z0

Z0 is simultaneously an abbreviation for Zarek Null AND a character-graphic depiction of the official way a commander should physically salute the Overlord.

For those unaware, the Z stands for Zarek and the numeral zero stands for Null (as null means zero in some definitions of the word).

What's more, the Overlord salute depicted by Z0 is a variation of the traditional o7 commander salute. With the Overlord salute, instead of one's fingers pointing toward one's head, you twist your hand outward to form a "walk like an Egyptian" type of gesture, with fingers pointing away from the head. This has the added effect that the commander performing the Overlord salute is physically spelling out the letter Z with his/her upper arm, forarm, and twisted hand.

Additionally, Z0 differs from o7 in that the size of the commanders head, and therefore brain, is larger. This helps convey that followers of the Overlord themselves are persons of exceptional intelligence, as evidenced by their choice of leader.

I hereby decree that Z0 is now the official Overlord salute, and that saluting me in this manner over text comms will communicate your alignment with the soon-to-be Overlord of the Galaxy, possibly saving you from a costly rebuy.

One may also use the Z0 salute to slyly express to other commanders that the reason they are about to die is for their disobedience to the Overlord.

Originally Posted by Zarek Null View Post (Source)
    This is brilliant! I believe that you have just inadvertently invented an important "internet slang" gem: Z0

Z0 is simultaneously an abbreviation for Zarek Null AND a character-graphic depiction of the official way a commander should physically salute the Overlord.

For those unaware, the Z stands for Zarek and the numeral zero stands for Null (as null means zero in some definitions of the word).

What's more, the Overlord salute depicted by Z0 is a variation of the traditional o7 commander salute. With the Overlord salute, instead of one's fingers pointing toward one's head, you twist your hand outward to form a "walk like an Egyptian" type of gesture, with fingers pointing away from the head. This has the added effect that the commander performing the Overlord salute is physically spelling out the letter Z with his/her upper arm, forarm, and twisted hand.

Additionally, Z0 differs from o7 in that the size of the commanders head, and therefore brain, is larger. This helps convey that followers of the Overlord themselves are persons of exceptional intelligence, as evidenced by their choice of leader.

I hereby decree that Z0 is now the official Overlord salute, and that saluting me in this manner over text comms will communicate your alignment with the soon-to-be Overlord of the Galaxy, possibly saving you from a costly rebuy.

One may also use the Z0 salute to slyly express to other commanders that the reason they are about to die is for their disobedience to the Overlord.
    Dagnabit, I repped you in the other thread and now it feels wasted. Brilliant stuff.

I can say with certainty that you are just slandering the might of the Federation. I can see why though, trying to knock us down from such a height. I'm of course talking about the height of our military technology, and how it surpasses anything that dares to oppose it. Let me put this in words you'll understand. Guns and design beat shiny hats and glamour.

Another bonus, Z is right next to \ so you can claim any typos, and any meek supporter of yours (a small subset I'm sure) will be able to claim their Z0 was a typo.

Therefore no one will ever be sure of the true intent, and any genuine support can be simply written off as a mistake.

Glad to be of help.

If I were an overlord, I would also instruct my minions to use it as a prefix in their ship ID.

Z0Z <- walk like an Egyptian.

Hey, don't mean to rain on your parade, but don't you think you are underselling yourself?

shooting for the big pilots fed may be a little questionable, they are cheap at the best of times including their less than average Thargoid Payouts. and they are likely to not really care about one princess where there are numerous other galactic powers in play.

BUT. On the Imperial front this could mean a huge sway, with billions of people under Imperial influence, you could demand quite a large sum of credits for her SAFE return! Trillion+ credits is going to get you a lot further than just a political role... who cares about politics anyway???

(this is not a negotiation attempt either and I have absolutely no crush on the princess whatsoever...)

Making some popcorn and waiting for the movie to start...

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post (Source)
    Making some popcorn and waiting for the movie to start...
    There will be a movie, but it will be at least a couple weeks before I release it.

Can't wait not to watch it.

Other news now, and I've just scratched my elbow.

Sport: Zarek Null Chesterfield Three.

Originally Posted by Spacebaboy View Post (Source)
    Can't wait not to watch it.

Other news now, and I've just scratched my elbow.

Sport: Zarek Null Chesterfield Three.
    As Overlord, I forbid you from watching the video (once it is released).

Now you are faced with a choice: either watch the video, or do not.

If you *do* watch it, then you lose your personal integrity, because you just claimed that you *would not* watch it.

But if you *do not* watch it, then you will have slavishly obeyed my command forbidding you from watching, thereby proving that I actually am your Overlord.

So which are you: liar, or minion?

As Overlord, I forbid you from watching the video (once it is released).

Now you are faced with a choice: either watch the video, or do not.

If you *do* watch it, then you lose your personal integrity, because you just claimed that you *would not* watch it.

But if you *do not* watch it, then you will have slavishly obeyed my command forbidding you from watching, thereby proving that I actually am your Overlord.

So which are you: liar, or minion?
    Just not watch it for a different reason?

This was a nice idea but you've pushed it way too far & it's just boring now & the PP character is still alive in-lore, a plot point you have completely failed to address. Plan your story out better next time & move on before it goes stale as this one has.

So the princess didn't die (of course), so what happened?

Was the pretender to the throne conned by the little girl?, or did the pretender fall in love with an anime picture & was unable to carry out his/her plans due to an overwhelming feeling of impotence?

Or did the pretender secretly collude with the worthy adversary and is actually now an agent of the Empire?

I'd go with the third one, and switch sides, to later turn out to be an untrustworthy 5th columnist.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast