Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: A game theory analysis of the Aisling Duval kidnapping situation

Originally Posted by Zarek Null View Post (Source)
    I put together a game theory analysis of the current Aisling Duval kidnapping situation, illustrated in the following matrix:

https://i.imgur.com/ax63jGx.png

It seems to me that the only WIN/WIN scenario we have is the one where I am nominated as the new leader of the Pilot's Federation, and not resisted. In all other cases, someone loses. Given that win-win situations are normally the most desireable, is it not correct that complying with the Overlord's demands is the optimal choice?

Given all the smart people we have in this community, I'm interested to learn your opinions...
    One second, that chart doesn't say Sarek Null is going to be nominated as the new overlord.

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    I know this might sound cliche but you just made me spit my beer out on my jeans..

Never stop Zarek Null.. The galaxy needs you more than you know
    Indeed!

Now all we need is an arch-nemesis of similar caliber. Every Joker needs a Batman.

Zarek, maybe you could use the Princess to make ALD stop her current expansion in Yanerones, which is contesting Li-Yong Ruis Apalok bubble?

I bet Li Yong-Rui would be a good backer of your cause, atm.

That is if the princess's emperor sister cares...

Originally Posted by Arry View Post (Source)
    Lol, you have so much to learn about human beings and how power works. Name three dictators that have had natural deaths; while in power?
    franco, salazar, tito, duvalier ...

and before 20th century there are quite a few of them. and ... do kings or similar qualify? this could be a very long post!

Originally Posted by znôrt View Post (Source)
    franco, salazar, tito, duvalier ...

and before 20th century there are quite a few of them. and ... do kings or similar qualify? this could be a very long post!
    I dare you to keep going.

Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post (Source)
    Zarek, maybe you could use the Princess to make ALD stop her current expansion in Yanerones, which is contesting Li-Yong Ruis Apalok bubble?

I bet Li Yong-Rui would be a good backer of your cause, atm.

That is if the princess's emperor sister cares...
    Maybe li yong could just go halfs on all the territory with Arissa. A non aggression pact, if you will.

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    Indeed!

Now all we need is an arch-nemesis of similar caliber. Every Joker needs a Batman.
    Adle's Armada used to be my arch nemesis, until the roll-rigging fiasco thinned their numbers, and then SDC/Nomads finished them off.

Time for a history lesson.

In the American city of San Francisco in AD 1859 Joshua Abraham Norton, a bankrupted businessman who was apparently driven insane by his financial losses, unilaterally declared himself the Emperor of the United States. Some of his friends humoured him, and even accepted the paper money he had printed for himself in the name of the Empire. He gained considerable notoriety for his various proclamations, such as the immediate dissolution of the American Congress and the construction of a bridge across San Fransisco Bay.

When "Emperor Norton I" died suddenly in 1880, thousands attended his funeral. His "banknotes" today are worth thousands of times their face value on the collector market. And there is a small but vocal group lobbying to change the name of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge to the "Emperor Norton Bridge".

Yes, Emperor Norton was eccentric, even famous. But one thing no-one, except perhaps the emperor himself, ever believed: he never actually became the Emperor of the United States.

Originally Posted by Sapyx View Post (Source)
    Time for a history lesson.

In the American city of San Francisco in AD 1859 Joshua Abraham Norton, a bankrupted businessman who was apparently driven insane by his financial losses, unilaterally declared himself the Emperor of the United States. Some of his friends humoured him, and even accepted the paper money he had printed for himself in the name of the Empire. He gained considerable notoriety for his various proclamations, such as the immediate dissolution of the American Congress and the construction of a bridge across San Fransisco Bay.

When "Emperor Norton I" died suddenly in 1880, thousands attended his funeral. His "banknotes" today are worth thousands of times their face value on the collector market. And there is a small but vocal group lobbying to change the name of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge to the "Emperor Norton Bridge".

Yes, Emperor Norton was eccentric, even famous. But one thing no-one, except perhaps the emperor himself, ever believed: he never actually became the Emperor of the United States.
    I have legitimately conquered and become Overlord of star systems in the past; I am not making mere, unbacked claims. For example:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...avate!/?page=1

My goal of ultimately becoming Overlord of the Galaxy is not one of my own choosing. Rather, my eventual galactic overlordship is a mathematical certainty, as confirmed by the Guardians:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=6s&v=JFtYAv9Ex_Q

Sounds convincing... is it too late for me to change my mind about nominating Zarek?

Thanks Nightshady, I meant to dig up this thread earlier today & forgot It's never too late to blindly pledge allegiance to a self-appointed cult leader

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    Firstly I really like the idea of advertising yourself as a target ripe for pirating with a 'valuable' cargo.

However as with all the best '80's TV serials the story needs to have everything back to normal by the end of the episode (barring romantic tension plot-arcs) so I reckon it'd be impossible for the OP to take the position demanded, plus it'll also be impossible for the (non-red shirt) prisoner to die.

Unless it's an end of season cliffhanger, and of course it is the end of season 2

So all bets are off, anything could seem to happen in a dramatic plot twist, but in the opening scenes of season 3 the inevitable usurping of the OP's new command and improbable yet tenuously plausible survival of the prisoner will be revealed to be a dream sequence, possibly involving nanites because sci-fi.
    So the pretty princess survives, leaving the predicted plot-hole in this otherwise entertaining short story. What's the twist? How does does she escape? Was the wrong person kidnapped?

Is Zarek Null really a secret agent of the Empire, whose true alliegence has now been revealed? But can he/she be trusted? The plot thickens

Galactic Elections 2018:

Nightshady/Null

That’s a ticket worth voting for!

Originally Posted by Nightshady View Post (Source)
    Galactic Elections 2018:

Nightshady/Null

That’s a ticket worth voting for!
    They both look like the same person to me.

Princess Peach escapes and stomps on Bowser's head.

She then gives up all Imperial Status to take over the role of Eravate NoobHammer.

Originally Posted by Patau82 View Post (Source)
    Has she been fed to the thargoids yet?
    We can only hope..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast