Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ironman / Permadeath

Originally Posted by BulletTrev View Post (Source)
    ps. this is the Console Section, ergo please dont be so negative @znort.
    noted. i'll give you guys some time to catch up. sorry for the shock!

Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    but of course that's not really ironman if you keep your main account with all your permits, credits, ranks and whatever similar silly and meaningless time sink locks safe.
    Still is, on a different account.

noted. i'll give you guys some time to catch up. sorry for the shock!
    Thankfully I don't fully understand the above, well maybe a bit of sarcasm in your post somewhere ?

but of course that's not really ironman if you keep your main account with all your permits, credits, ranks and whatever similar silly and meaningless time sink locks safe.
    It's all about balance. If permadeath is so punishing that you wouldn't even consider starting over and just move to another game, then it's too harsh.

Losing all your money and ships is still a huge setback for many, but without being so punishing as to losing rank or permit progress it took 3 years to get (and has very little real impact on game progress). Ain't no shame in that, and doesn't make it less ironman. Every game out there with a built-in ironman mode will have slighlty different goalposts as to what ironman means.

Whilst Waiting for q1 to drop.
    Ironman mode (using Mossfoot's table) after my first attempt when the game frozen for a few secs in the nav panel as I was being cut to pieces by a eagle, and unable to select and hyper outta harms way.

living life on the edge, currently a rating the adder! Having a blast.
    running from vipers and other small ships, having to play a far more cautious way adds another level to this game once you've spent so many hrs enjoying the game. or did I just forget the thrill of way back when I started out. ( rhetorical

Decision time

With a few mil stashed in the secret smuggling compartment behind the synthetic coffee replicator I'm thinking off stealing a imp eagle...! Shall I go for it? I hear they are sweet lookin ships and go like stink...?

Or.... what about the cobra mk4 another one of the small ships that I've never flown!

what do you folks recommend?

#smallshipsarefun

Its a game play it your way.
    each to their own.
    Set up new Xbox profile. WotnoX
    Its like having another CMDR save in a game that currently does allow for it on the main account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12