Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloverfield Paradox [Possible Spoilers]

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    I enjoyed it for what it was, a bit of a sci fi romp and the bits with the arm were funny.

The only thing that made me want to throw the remote at the tv was the bit when the main star tells them she is going to the other earth blah de fudgeing blah...their not your kids they have a mother and its not you, yeah ok go and mess their minds up for life you selfish sanctimonious ... I stopped listening when she was doing the whole dont buy or install what ever it was that killed her own kids, just becasue thier is another you it sure as hell dosnt mean every action you ave done or will do in your universe will be reflected in thiers.I hate that sort of story telling when it comes to parrell worlds etc.

Oh and why did the entire crew speak manderrin (im gusseing it was maderin) , when speaking to the one and only chininse crew member when she could understand english..that one bugged me to.

I did like the ending tho, and as said for a lazy friday viewing it was ok.

Edit: sorry for the glarring spelling mistakes, on my chrome book it has no spell check, or at least not for english...

The ending was retarded.

EPIC SPOILER ALERT

YOUVE BEEN WARNED.

That bit, the man shouting "don't come back! Blah blah blah"... Without saying too much, they didn't have much choice. Lol

And the monster... I actually laughed. I don't think it was supposed to be funny. But a monster with its head sticking out of the clouds? Lol

The arm bit was kinda funny.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

10 Cloverfield Lane was a good movie, this was not.

What did you expect? A well thought-out story? A great ending?

It's JJ Abrams. He hasn't changed a bit and still thinks his TED talk about Mystery boxes is the smartest thing ever.

Originally Posted by Toumal View Post (Source)
    What did you expect? A well thought-out story? A great ending?

It's JJ Abrams. He hasn't changed a bit and still thinks his TED talk about Mystery boxes is the smartest thing ever.
    this was JJ Abrams? wow didn't know that, it was really a bad story.

I watched half of it. By that point I just didn't' care anymore. The interesting bits and setup form early on weren't enough to keep me engaged when it was obvious the movie was becoming a series of set pieces barely strung together.

It felt like the writers came up with all these 'cool' scenes they wanted to do (the woman in the wall, the worms, the arm) and then built a movie around it.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    The ending was retarded.

EPIC SPOILER ALERT

YOUVE BEEN WARNED.

That bit, the man shouting "don't come back! Blah blah blah"... Without saying too much, they didn't have much choice. Lol

And the monster... I actually laughed. I don't think it was supposed to be funny. But a monster with its head sticking out of the clouds? Lol

The arm bit was kinda funny.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    Well yeah they did go a bit over the top with that one, as the one in the original film wasn't that huge but as said I watch stuff nowadays with no expectations.

If I can sit through 22 episodes of supergirl and I watch that as its light entertainment and the fight scenes are ok but my god the story on the whole is awful and the characters so thin if she farted there would be no one left, saying that I gave up on the flash as it became ohhh look another speedster, then an hour and half of okish not going to win any oscars nor take any real brain power to follow stuff in space is ok for me.

i liked the ending more for what was under the clouds rather than what came out of them. As in what sort of earth where they coming back to. There that was about as much brain effort I put into it.

Problem for me was they didn't delve into how and why...

Reminds me of the Highlander films... should have just stopped with the original.

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)
    Problem for me was they didn't delve into how and why...

Reminds me of the Highlander films... should have just stopped with the original.
    For real.
    Although Adrian Paul did a good TV version.

I enjoyed the first two Cloverfield films quite a lot but this was....well, pretty dire, tainted the name a bit for me tbh.

Well, I turned 10 Cloverfield lane off half way through.

Did the same to Paradox, but my son told me I quit right before it got better so I finished it last night and he was right - it got much better and ended well imo.

Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    this was JJ Abrams? wow didn't know that, it was really a bad story.
    No, just because it's produced by Bad Robot doesn't mean it's a JJ Abrams story.

As a fan of 'B movies' I watched this with interest...

Had I known how hard I would laugh at the end I would of been prepared for the landing as I fell of the chair, as it is I now have a lump on my forehead - Which is actually more interesting to look at than this pile of utter hilarity!

Originally Posted by Bran Tse Mallory View Post (Source)
    As a fan of 'B movies' I watched this with interest...

Had I known how hard I would laugh at the end I would of been prepared for the landing as I fell of the chair, as it is I now have a lump on my forehead - Which is actually more interesting to look at than this pile of utter hilarity!
    Pics or it didn't happen

Originally Posted by Greylock View Post (Source)
    Well, I turned 10 Cloverfield lane off half way through.

Did the same to Paradox, but my son told me I quit right before it got better so I finished it last night and he was right - it got much better and ended well imo.
    10 Cloverfield Lane is actually pretty good, especially the last 20 minutes or so. Heh.

But Cloverfield Paradox... Nah.

Started watching Expanse the other day. Can't get in to it.
    The acting is bad. The story should be great, but isn't. The CGI is meh.
    Battlestar Galactica was better, and older. Lol

Looking forward to the reboot. And the Lost In Space reboot...

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12