Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield Paradox [Possible Spoilers]

Cloverfield Paradox [Possible Spoilers]

...it's not very good. Lol

I absolutely loved Cloverfield, and 10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty good.

But Cloverfield Paradox isn't great.

But it's free on Netflix. So, uh, If you got it, watch it anyway. Lol
    Just don't expect much.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Totally agree... Loved Cloverfield, not seen 10 Cloverfield Lane yet.

Shame, from the trailer i was expecting some questions to be answered.

Thanks, was thinking about it today. Good to hear the feedback so I know what to expect. Cheers!

Agreed, it's all been done before. Better.

Considering the acting talent that signed up for it, it's a shame they didn't make a better script.

Terrible movie. Reminded me of Fantastic 4

I'm seeing a lot of criticism here, but no-one really addressing why. I'll offer a "why" ... it seems like they are making up the lore and story as they make each film and there is no established storyline. This is reinforced when you realised that each film so far started as non-Cloverfield projects and were changed slightly to fit into the Cloverfield "universe".

I think Paradox on it's own, is an interesting film, yes still a B-movie sci-fi film, but not as bad as the internet sheep run it down to be.

It's baaaaaaaad.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    ...it's not very good. Lol

I absolutely loved Cloverfield, and 10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty good.

But Cloverfield Paradox isn't great.

But it's free on Netflix. So, uh, If you got it, watch it anyway. Lol
    Just don't expect much.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    I agree, it stinks of bad plot, the set is kind of nice, the actores are ok, but the story is just meh?

Cloverfield was special. The fact it was filmed entirely on handheld camera, by (I'm assuming) the actors... Even if not, the effect is the same.

Cloverfield set the bar very high... Which is not necessarily a good thing for sequels.

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    Terrible movie. Reminded me of Fantastic 4
    I am filled with trepidation now...

It's a poor film IMO.

Terrible film - go watch paint dry and that might have more relevance to Cloverfield.

V2k.

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)
    Shame, from the trailer i was expecting some questions to be answered.
    Unrealistic expectation, none of the previous movies are about answering all the questions. Though you can infer that this might be the event that started the whole mess.

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    The fact it was filmed entirely on handheld camera, by (I'm assuming) the actors... Even if not, the effect is the same.
    Nooope. All the camera work was crafted to look a specific way, as scripted as the rest of the film and every reality TV show ever.

Red Letter Media's review on it (and Netflix in general):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVF8zFIyyQ

They call it a scam, in short.

I enjoyed it for what it was, a bit of a sci fi romp and the bits with the arm were funny.

The only thing that made me want to throw the remote at the tv was the bit when the main star tells them she is going to the other earth blah de fudgeing blah...their not your kids they have a mother and its not you, yeah ok go and mess their minds up for life you selfish sanctimonious ... I stopped listening when she was doing the whole dont buy or install what ever it was that killed her own kids, just becasue thier is another you it sure as hell dosnt mean every action you ave done or will do in your universe will be reflected in thiers.I hate that sort of story telling when it comes to parrell worlds etc.

Oh and why did the entire crew speak manderrin (im gusseing it was maderin) , when speaking to the one and only chininse crew member when she could understand english..that one bugged me to.

I did like the ending tho, and as said for a lazy friday viewing it was ok.

Edit: sorry for the glarring spelling mistakes, on my chrome book it has no spell check, or at least not for english...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast