Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got haammered!

I got haammered!

OK, I'm mixing it up in a high res, working along side the NPC and going after some big ships with lots of skill. It's happend twice, one while engageing a fdl and another while engaging a conda. I'm holding my own, and all of a sudden there's a brilliant flash of light in front of my windshield and a really loud BOOM, and immediately afterwards, I can see that I was actuall pushed backwards a bit and on occassion actual stopped momentareily.

What that heck clobbered me; I mean it was like hitting an asteroid and bouncing backwards. I took two hits the first time from the fdl and 3 from the conda though they weren't during the same battle. I didn't die, but dam close, I had to skee dattle, before the next one.

Most likely rammed by NPCs that were trying to scan you. See here. Note that you only spin in a small ship:

Both times it was right in front of the windscreen, I'd been ramed before and could see the ship. What ever hit me, I never saw comming.

Not the invisible Cutter bug again?!

I don't know anything about a cutter bug.
    I know that the anti missel thingy prohibitt missels, the little counter is going steadly downward. But I don't know if they repel torpedos. But what ever it was, and it happened a total of 5 times in two different battles, it really packs a punch.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Nemo LXXI View Post (Source)
    I mean it was like hitting an asteroid and bouncing backwards.
    …and you know it wasn't because...

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    …and you know it wasn't because...
    Because I'd been there done that a couple of time previously, though I didn't get a t-shirt; While in Res's that were in the shadows, thus I no longer do battle in the shadows, I stick to the light where I can see them clearly.

Is it possible that NPCs started using force shell cannons, lately?

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Is it possible that NPCs started using force shell cannons, lately?
    I don't know, though I've moved from playing in solo since launch and now am playing only in open for the past ten days, I've still haven't come across a human, thus I don't know if NPC's are any more dangerous than humans, though out logic differs dramatically. Human's can and will be very vandictive, where as NPC's are not. Assuming that NPC's have access to the same weapons that humans have in addition to my total lack of experience, probably just haven't come across or been fired upon by any and all types of weapons as of yet. Had it not been for the dramatic effects of filling my windscreen with an viewable explosion and watching my ships movement forward actuall stop for an instance and or get pushed backwards in three of the occasions. I wouldn't be asking, what the heck hammered me the way it did. What ever did it, I want a couple of them for my own personal use. My FAS shields went down lower and considerably faster than they ever have when getting blasted by any other weapon. I survied three, and don't think a 4th would be very conducive to staying in the game or at least in the battle. So I ran while the ability was availble, and while licking my wounds tried to figure out what the heck hammered me the way it did. I have a point defense installed, thus I don't think it was a missle, perhaps a torpedo. I'm not privy to if the point defense works against torpedos as much as it does against missles, which I can attest to because I can see the figures that show it usefulness.

Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    Shock mines.
    Ah, thus I ran into them, that makes sense to me, thanks.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Nemo LXXI View Post (Source)
    Ah, thus I ran into them, that makes sense to me, thanks.
    Never tried them myself tho, but I can imagine the shiggles they can cause if someone wanted to cause a bit of chaos.

Probably the ultimate troll weapon if left inside a pile of jettisoned cargo for the unaware pirate who pulled you over. Not that I would ever condone such petty revenge actions

Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    Never tried them myself tho, but I can imagine the shiggles they can cause if someone wanted to cause a bit of chaos.

Probably the ultimate troll weapon if left inside a pile of jettisoned cargo for the unaware pirate who pulled you over. Not that I would ever condone such petty revenge actions
    I've used shock mines a few times, but never thought about this. Thanks! =]

It happened again last night, at a compromised NAV beacon. I took on an FDL, master, and when his shields went down, I got hammered four times in rapid succession, and upon each hit, I could see my self be pushed backwards. And the damage, oh my god, the damage is siginficant, Took all my shields and 85 percent of my hull. Thanks to all my prior experience, I knew how to get out of there and did.

I can't believe it was mines, becasue he was flying perpendenticular to me most of the time. At no time was I ever on his six.

You really need to start uploading videos to let us see exactly what's happening to you, in this case and in others (even with your slow internet connection, it couldn't take forever to upload even twenty seconds of video*.

Hopefully, not that i wish you ill will, but for evidence sake, it happens to you a third time... .

*Like i've said before, even with most internet providers that give you decent, good or even very good download speeds, most of them save money/bandwidth, by scrimping on the upload speeds they give you (short of the few that offer synchronise connections with equal upload and download speeds, though normally those connections are pretty slow overall themselves - for example i have cousins who live in the countryside who can only get an about a one to two mb download speed, but their upload speed is also one to two mb).

For example, about three years ago, i went from a provider that gave me "up to 3 mb broadband" (which normally ran at a pretty steady 2.4 mb), to one which offered me "up to 20 mb broadband" (which can run from anywhere between 12 and 17 mb, normally settling on a pretty steady, circa 14.5 mb speed), however while the first provider only offered an about 300 kb upload speed, the new provider still only doubled my upload speed, to about 700 kb.

Long short short, while my actual upload and download times would be the best part of twice as fast (the speed i get with the direct wired connection i have to my computer, which is in my kitchen), the main things i use my broadband for, my PS3 and PS4, are only connected over Wifi, as they're in my bedroom (and i didn't feel like drilling holes for connection wires )...
    With my old connection, i could download a gig of data in about hour, while now i can download a gig in about ten minutes, or specifically now about two mb per second (and about 3.5 to 4 mb per second to my computer), it still takes my connection ten to twelve minutes to upload a min or so of video...

But i've still uploaded over 500 videos to my Youtube channel, mostly in the last three years, since the PS4 got proper Youtube upload support (before that the system first could only capture footage to be copied to an external harddrive or USB stick, then it got direct Facebook upload support, through you could copy an uploaded video from Facebook to Youtube it, at reduced quality - if you wanted to upload at the systems' intended** upload quality, you again had to copy your footage first to an external harddrive or USB stick then upload it from a computer, though thankfully now you don't have to worry about the latter, if you have a Youtube account to make a direct Youtube upload (which is easy to set up if you don't).

I've even uploaded a handful of ten minute plus videos which took about two hours plus, each, to upload .

**By default the regular PS4 (as opposed to the PS4 Pro, which i don't have) saves files natively on the system at the 1080p quality they were displayed at, however to save time and bandwidth, it downscales any video files you upload directly to Youtube to 720p (though if people really want to preserve the original image quality, the free PS Store app, Share Factory, let's you choose to upload at the videos' original quality (up to 1080p, at least on the regular PS4 and the i believe, the only upscaled, not native 4K quality the PS4 Pro displays at) .

So i could upload twenty seconds or so of footage in about five minutes - even IF it takes your connection a hour or more (though i doubt it will, if you can connect to online games at all, you surely have at least a .5 to 1 mb download speed and even if your upload speed is only about 100 kb, it might take 30 to 40 minutes to upload such a length video), would it not be worth it to save us a lot of speculation in these threads.... .

(Also while i specifically could pay extra for a fibre connection, with anywhere between a 50 and 200+ mb connection, i'm mostly happy with my current connection, but even then, i'm sure they'd still scrimp on the upload speed, maybe giving me an upload speed of two to ten mb or so... .)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast