Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FDL loadout

The PA hammer loadout was awesome on big ships, bam Shields gone, bam bam dead.
    But on nippy small ships like Viper and eagle, I cant hit them. Will switch to huge mc and see how that works.

Full g5 Overcharged Beam will be cool trust me...

(don't forget to g5 overcharge your powerplant too)

I rock a efficient huge gimbal pulse and fixed cannons on the rest, heat spam on two to G3 long range and two with the module wrecking effect on G3 LR. Can struggle on really nippy small ships unless your up close knife fighting, but my Oh my it wrecks big stuff, say bye bye to your power plants

Originally Posted by khaos526 View Post (Source)
    I originally tried this weapon config out, but I found I liked it better using the opposite:
    1x 4A Gimballed G5 Efficient Beam (with Thermal Vent)
    4x 2F Gimballed G5 Overcharged MC's (with Auto load on one, Incendiary on another and corrosive on the 3rd)

After testing it out, that config was quicker and easier for me than the huge MC and 4x Beams...
    I was the exact opposite. I started with the huge beam and 4 x medium MC's but couldn't get on with it so switched them over and have never looked back.

I also tend to vary between rapid fire or overcharge on the huge MC. Never really determined which I prefer.

I am getting it working now, medium pulse lasers that dont overheat as much as beams and huge multi canon. miss the hammer and plasma, but the heat was too much.
    now have 2 heat sink launchers, bound to 2 SCBs so can release both at same time.

Only remaining problem is my jump range 11.55 ly and run out of fuel twice with limited fuel tank giving me about 4 jumps max. had to stop at an outpost and one time use J3 jumponium to get home.
    Do I really need a military hull, as the thing is a shield tank, but this may not increase my FSD range much.

Just what i was looking for.Thanks.

Originally Posted by Trickylion View Post (Source)
    I am getting it working now, medium pulse lasers that dont overheat as much as beams and huge multi canon. miss the hammer and plasma, but the heat was too much.
    now have 2 heat sink launchers, bound to 2 SCBs so can release both at same time.

Only remaining problem is my jump range 11.55 ly and run out of fuel twice with limited fuel tank giving me about 4 jumps max. had to stop at an outpost and one time use J3 jumponium to get home.
    Do I really need a military hull, as the thing is a shield tank, but this may not increase my FSD range much.
    You should be able to fire both banks at the same time under one heat sink and not have any issues. Frees up a utility slot for one more booster or a scanner

Got that tip from the FDL owners club thread on this page. Lots of awesome info there, I highly recommend reading through the last 10 or so pages there for some great pointers.

Originally Posted by Trickylion View Post (Source)

I never bothered with armour on my FDL. Once they're through my shields I'd scarper.

I run 4 beams and a large multi with corrosive. Fully engineered. 4 pips to weapons 1 and 1 in the engines and systems. One PVE itís untouchable. Shreds a conder shields in seconds and the multi corrosive with the beams decimated the hull. Smaller ships last seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12