Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Quest for CS, CH, CHd, DAO, DO, DOV and DX

The Quest for CS, CH, CHd, DAO, DO, DOV and DX

Hi everyone,

According to our databases (EDSM, EGO, and even universalcartographics.org (please can that be updated?!)) nobody has found stars of class CS, CH, CHd, DAO, DO, DOV and DX. Yet, according to the journal API these types are included in the game.

So where are they? Have any of you found one?

If nobody has found one of these stars yet, then we need to start a quest! (or expedition, but since this they may not actually be in the game, only potentially created by stellar forge, then I think quest is more appropriate).

Cheers

The API doc used to say "not all of these might be in-game" or words to that effect. Basically, I don't think they're (currently?) present, or we'd have seen evidence by now.

Well remembered, I'd forgotten that.

Still, that's why it's a Quest!

I wonder why they didn't make the cut for galaxy generation, if they aren't there. But yeah, given that you could find them via the galaxy map, if they were, we would probably have found them already.
    Unless there's only one star of each present in the game, heh.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    Unless there's only one star of each present in the game, heh.
    Sounds like good goal for a 100k-real-year-long expedition.

I'll have to review my spreadsheet of my 60k+ first discoveries, but I do believe I have found a CS star, if that is referring to a Carbon Star (I have 9 I think), but will have to check the classification when I get home, and will have to check all the White Dwarfs I've discovered, over 40 of those, don't know if they are DAO or DO's, but don't believe I've run across a DX. I have also several MS Class and S Class stars, but they are just variants of Carbon stars.

Originally Posted by Cpt Shadow Wolfe View Post (Source)
    I'll have to review my spreadsheet of my 60k+ first discoveries, but I do believe I have found a CS star, if that is referring to a Carbon Star (I have 9 I think), but will have to check the classification when I get home, and will have to check all the White Dwarfs I've discovered, over 40 of those, don't know if they are DAO or DO's, but don't believe I've run across a DX. I have also several MS Class and S Class stars, but they are just variants of Carbon stars.
    According to the journal API, CS and C are separate types so I believe C is the standard carbon star. I think CS is often called SC and fits between S-class and C-class stars.

I wish I'd thought of these missing stars when Anthony Ross did his Stellar Forge livestream. I'll just have to ask next time he's on.

Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    According to the journal API, CS and C are separate types so I believe C is the standard carbon star. I think CS is often called SC and fits between S-class and C-class stars.

I wish I'd thought of these missing stars when Anthony Ross did his Stellar Forge livestream. I'll just have to ask next time he's on.
    I suspect all of the C class stars are hand crafted as opposed to Proc Gen as every one reported so far has a catalogue name.

Possibly. It certainly looks like some star types only appear as hand-authored stars. However, there is a W class proc-gen star in EDSM - unless it's a catalogue star that's also got a proc-gen name, I believe that's possible.

DAO = yes (I show 134 of them in my spreadsheet from my 1st trip)

as for the others -- I've never seen them.

There's other rare white dwarfs as well.

Originally Posted by osser View Post (Source)
    DAO = yes (I show 134 of them in my spreadsheet from my 1st trip)

as for the others -- I've never seen them.

There's other rare white dwarfs as well.
    Do you log your discoveries on EDSM or EGO? Neither place has DAO as a discovered star type.

Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Do you log your discoveries on EDSM or EGO? Neither place has DAO as a discovered star type.
    Strange... I did. I ran EDDiscovery for a bit but now I'm only using captains log.

I'll check some of the systems when I get home and post back here tonight.

Originally Posted by osser View Post (Source)
    Strange... I did. I ran EDDiscovery for a bit but now I'm only using captains log.

I'll check some of the systems when I get home and post back here tonight.
    I am curious, because EGO registered some of my systems as Wolf Rayet, where as EDSM shows them as Wolf Rayet variants such as O, NC, and N. And EGO also separates out my Wolf Rayets by class, so it's not just a case of EGO lumping them all together.

I wonder if they're not DAO, but DA0 VII. All of the white dwarfs I've found are classed as 0 in the spectral class subdivision.

probably correct madbilly.
    my mistake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast