Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: What games would you like ED to shamelessly steal from?

The procedural generation of locations from Everspace.

If Elite stole that, every CZ, Res Size, and signal source would feel like a unique experience.

Derelict exploration akin to Prey (smaller scale obviously) with the environmental story telling of Tacoma.

Originally Posted by Valorin View Post (Source)
    I actually have a hard time naming other games than ED's prequels.
    The game mechanics I'm interested in hearing about don't necessarily have to come from space based games though. For example, I'd love to see a return of the mission question system from the Frontier games, but maybe mixed with the conversation influence system of TES Oblivion. How about ditching the current powerplay stuff and making it more like Mount & Blade Warband?

Originally Posted by Eldragon View Post (Source)
    The procedural generation of locations from Everspace.

If Elite stole that, every CZ, Res Size, and signal source would feel like a unique experience.
    I've just had a quick look at that game - looks good. Are the zones completeable? As in, not the space clown-car instances we have?

I'd suggest Freelancer and with space legs with ED, you could go into a bar, speak to folks and obtain discreet missions for factions, etc. as well as having the missions board available alongside.

V2k.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    What are you going on about? That's like saying Elite Dangerous is all about building roller coasters in space while fighting off ships piloted by dinosaurs.
    But that would be awesome!

Anyway, I wasn't being serious. I was just gently mocking that fact that you throw out the names of three studios but didn't even remotely indicate what you thought they would do differently with a game like ED.

Originally Posted by wesmacdon View Post (Source)
    Come on....someone say Star Citizen. I love to see how people react whenever it gets mentioned
    Aye, okay then... Star Citizen. The racing section in particular looks fun.

They could also "borrow" a few ideas from WipeOut and/or Mario Karts. It'd be good if while you were racing in and out of the pipes and tunnels, that you could target and shoot those in front. And anyone who gets knobbled just slows down a bit instead of having to respawn at a station.

Of the games I've played that are similar (same genre and general mechanics) I'd put forth Privateer.

It had a small but fun main story line that you could pick up and drop as you wanted along with voiced NPCs (like all 5 of them). The characters you met were cool enough and I was engaged in the overall story arc from start to finish. And when your'e done with the story, you can keep playing the open ended space trading & shooty bits.

That's what I'd love from Elite. More emphasis on story. Fleshed out NPCs. A simple narrative that you can play as you want.

I don't think any of that is unobtainable with present game systems either.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    That's what I'd love from Elite. More emphasis on story. Fleshed out NPCs. A simple narrative that you can play as you want.

I still occasionally play through the tutorial missions to scratch that particular itch. Have something like those sprinkled into the main game, linked to Engineers, or whatever. Have them decoupled from the BGS so they don't have to rigidly adhere to the current templates or time limitations.

How about CGs that have different missions or evolving story at each completed level?

I'd be happy if Elite Dangerous had a baby with Evochron Legacy. Elite's galaxy, graphics, sound, overal tech, assets, but with Evochron's depth (and cockpits, I love Evochron's cockpits so much more).

They're the only 2 space sims even worth mentioning. If only the guy behind Evochron got some real artists to make those graphics look like XXI century...

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    Of the games I've played that are similar (same genre and general mechanics) I'd put forth Privateer.

It had a small but fun main story line that you could pick up and drop as you wanted along with voiced NPCs (like all 5 of them). The characters you met were cool enough and I was engaged in the overall story arc from start to finish. And when your'e done with the story, you can keep playing the open ended space trading & shooty bits.

indeed which is exactly why i backed star citizen....... before it all went silly.

all i wanted from CIG was a spiritual successor to wing commander and privateer.

Originally Posted by Arioch View Post (Source)
    I still occasionally play through the tutorial missions to scratch that particular itch. Have something like those sprinkled into the main game, linked to Engineers, or whatever. Have them decoupled from the BGS so they don't have to rigidly adhere to the current templates or time limitations.

How about CGs that have different missions or evolving story at each completed level?
    Id think a series of 20 or so scripted missions fully voiced missions that introduce players to the backstory of Elite and what's going on in the galaxy would really help the game. By the time the player is done with the story they have an upgraded ship and a solid grasp of what Elite is about.

Right now, you complete the tutorial missions then say "Welp, now what do I do?"

Space legs missions and VR: LONE ECHO
    Trade in space with NPC working for you in your own ships and contruct your own everything: X Rebirth
    Space legs combat: ALIEN ISOLATION mixed with ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES

Originally Posted by wesmacdon View Post (Source)
    Come on....someone say Star Citizen. I love to see how people react whenever it gets mentioned
    We are talking about games!

[QUOTE=IndigoWyrd;6412010]If I were to see half of what NMS offers up, I'd consider it a really good acid trip, and I am something of an authority in that department.

Purple ohm double dip, test tube babies, strawberries and the ubiquitous micro dot they all made my days at Uni that much more bareable

Originally Posted by zombieapocalypse View Post (Source)
    Portal. I want a deranged, cake-promising, science-obsessed AI constantly mocking me while also trying to kill me.
    Let's add Shodan and HAL to the list then, along with a station controlled by a demented AI.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast