Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [Discussion] Do The Thargoids Want War?

Originally Posted by Louis Calvert View Post (Source)
    Do The Thargoids Want War?
    Don't know, but I am sure many cmdrs do want war.
    Their actions are proof of that.

First Frontier needs to add a method for players to defeat Thargoids in a system. Such as kill X amount of Thargoids, defend stations or give them X amount of goods so they don't occupy a system.

I still believe AEGIS desperately wants to wage war with the Thargoids. There is still something fishie going on, and I really think it's not the Thargoids.

Are they Aegis stations with lab in the bubble? ... what if not, Thargoids will attack random stations?

Originally Posted by Valorin View Post (Source)
    I still believe AEGIS desperately wants to wage war with the Thargoids. There is still something fishie going on, and I really think it's not the Thargoids.
    We don't really know how bad the first war was for Humanity.

There might be a good reason to be making AX weapons day 1

It would seem we have a war whether we want one or not.

Damn!

Originally Posted by Toffmeister View Post (Source)
    It would seem we have a war whether we want one or not.

Damn!
    It always only takes one side to start a war.

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    It always only takes one side to start a war.
    That's a good point - question is, which side was it this time?

We don't know what the 'Powers' have said or done, or if it is them, or the Thargoids, that are seeding this bed of dirt. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that our leaders, along with their research divisions, are stoking the fire to see if they can control the flame.
    Unfortunately we need one another united in order to deal with any circumstance arising..and that will be our major war. As a single unit, we are not capable of defeat..but if the goids have been studying us in any depth, they will know that all they have to do is show support to one faction or another, maybe even switch now and again, just to watch as we gloriously rip one another to shreds.
    We have something they want, or some knowledge they desire.. something. What it is hasn't been uncovered, but we need to come together for the higher purpose. Continue as we are, without planning for all scenarios, just leaves us as a pawn on someone else's chessboard.

What if the one thing they want is space? (pun not intended)
    I mean, I had a rather unplessant encounter with a Thargoid at a barnacle and it seem to me that the Thargoid was feeding from it. Maybe they sent us the coordinates just to show us what they were after. And then humans acted like humans do, trying to gain something. Not sure if the Thargoids are fighting us or just protecting them selfes.
    The one I meet left me alone. Scared as ****, but he left me unharmed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567