View Entry Info: I somehow got a Dormant bounty i did not do nothing

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: I somehow got a Dormant bounty i did not do nothing

I somehow got a Dormant bounty i did not do nothing

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    12:18:UTC

Date of occurrence
    13/02/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Asp Explorer

Commander Name
    Souleaterkiller1

Description
    So i was doing my passage run to get enough money to outfit my anaconda so i was doing a run went to the station and when i started to dock i request docking like usually then i start to go in and i see am trespassing and i don't know why cause when i request to dock it said access granted then i look the the right and i see am wanted and i don't know how then they killed me and now i had dormant bounty on me so i pickup a mission for the station went back to the station and got killed again when trying to dock cause i did not know that if your in the system where go the dormant bounty and you get shipped scan by the police you get killed so can someone help me i tried buying a sidewinder and going to the system LTT 9360 and try to get my bounty to not be dormant and it worked but when i got killed the dormant bounty did not go away so my bounty was higher so if you can please help me get this dormant bounty cause am not going to wait 6 days to start doing my passages mission for that system because the game decided it want to get me wanted. i Lost a lot of money trying to do the passage mission so can you please give me missions rewards because i don't know how i got the bounty for trying to dock at the station and am really trying to outfit my anaconda. That time I put I donít know if it right but I ghjnk betweeen 4:00pm to 7:00 is when It started happening.

Steps to Reproduce
    I don't know

Additional files?

Originally Posted by -Horizon- View Post (Source)
    Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    12:18:UTC

Date of occurrence
    13/02/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Asp Explorer

Commander Name
    Souleaterkiller1

Description
    So i was doing my passage run to get enough money to outfit my anaconda so i was doing a run went to the station and when i started to dock i request docking like usually then i start to go in and i see am trespassing and i don't know why cause when i request to dock it said access granted then i look the the right and i see am wanted and i don't know how then they killed me and now i had dormant bounty on me so i pickup a mission for the station went back to the station and got killed again when trying to dock cause i did not know that if your in the system where go the dormant bounty and you get shipped scan by the police you get killed so can someone help me i tried buying a sidewinder and going to the system LTT 9360 and try to get my bounty to not be dormant and it worked but when i got killed the dormant bounty did not go away so my bounty was higher so if you can please help me get this dormant bounty cause am not going to wait 6 days to start doing my passages mission for that system because the game decided it want to get me wanted.

Steps to Reproduce
    I don't know

Additional files?
    And now i lost a lot of money for those passage mission so can i please get some type of reward cause am really trying to outfit my anaconda

If you really want to clear the bounty, then this is what you need to do...

You need to go to the system / station where you were originally wanted (LTT 9360?), and get into the station without being scanned. Speed is your friend here..

Once you have docked there, take off in your Sidewinder and fly slowly out of the station and let the police scan you. If they don't scan you, shoot at one system authority ship so you become wanted again, this will also reactivate your dormant bounty. You will then be wanted and immediately destroyed and will respawn back in the station you just left, and your bounty will be added to your re-buy. Then your dormant bounty will be gone as it will have been collected / paid.

You can also just avoid the system until the bounty expires and do missions elsewhere. No-one outside of that system will or can attack you for your dormant bounty. The above is considered an exploit...

That said, if you got the bounty due to a bug, hopefully QA will come along and help you out.

I doubt the initial bounty was a bug.

I suspect that one or more of your passenger groups were wanted (this isn't always stated but is always indicated by the type of group). As you were docking you were scanned by the local authorities, they noticed (scanned) that you were carrying said naughty passengers. This was reported back to the station and docking permission was revoked plus security acted exactly as it is supposed to.

Boom!

Personally, I wouldn't use faded Glory's method mainly because, as he stated, it's an exploit. Not only that, a dormant bounty can be mitigated by simply staying away from the system for a couple of days, (until the timer runs out) it simply isn't worth the hassle.

So, stop returning to your scene of the crime and expecting a different result, it isn't going to happen. Aside from being a really dumb thing to do you literally have 10's of thousands of other places you can go without being scanned as wanted.

You have learned a very valuable if harsh lesson here today most of which involves looking at the passengers you are taking on board...

The rest of it, don't do the same thing over and over again, under the same conditions and expect a different result.

Finally a quote from the (unread) manual on dormant bounties:
    "If you have an unclaimed bounty or fine issued against you by the faction controlling the
    starport you are out of luck – you will need to pay off the bounty as part of the costs of getting
    a replacement ship. If you have unclaimed bounties and fines issued against you by factions
    that do not control the starport then you have a stay of execution: those bounties and fines will
    become dormant as those factions believe you dead

Dormant bounties and fines are invisible to Commanders. Dormant fines do not tick up towards
    becoming a bounty. However, if you are scanned by authorities of the faction that issued the
    bounty or fine, or detected committing a crime in their jurisdiction, the dormant bounty and
    fine will reactivate."

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    Hey Cmdrs,

We're improving crime and punishment features in the 3.0 update.

If you believe this is the result of a bug, please contact our customer support team who can check your account and reimburse you the lost credits if that is the case: [Customer support]

I tried sending a ticket to your support and they never respond