Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Cold Blooded Killers

Originally Posted by Muetdhiver View Post (Source)
    Indeed. At the micro level it's : if you go open you better have an iron and know your escape routine. Because everywhere is a lawless war zone, especially near engineer bases, CG's and well any high profile event. It's a well know fact, so people should plan ahead for it.
    For me personally, this is a fundamental flaw that enables (some) PvP - maybe the new C&P might help a little? But, for me, a major design disappointment. If I'm a galaxy famous engineer and make my living, well engineering... any cmdr who lurks around my base and kills other customers... I would never engineer another module for. That makes no business sense at all. The same goes for CGs. If the host can afford billions of credits to pay haulers, surely they can afford to hire some of the new ATR to patrol SC routes to their station - providing loads of emergent content for gankers.

As for this...

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    This is what I mean about complaints about being killed for no reason ... you could be killed for a reason and it would often look exactly the same to you and you'd be just as dead.
    Yes, it's not always that simple. I don't go looking for PvP (yet?) and have rarely attacked another cmdr - never without reason. The other night I laid into a mostly harmless shieldless T6. I pulled in behind him as he left the landing pad, had to throttle down not to run right through him, 2 shots from 1 weapon and his hull was at 21%... watched with sadness as he flew straight ahead and low waked away... followed him into SC... hailed him (again) before interdicting... and poof, he disappeared. Now, he might well have thought I was a mindless ganker picking on him for no reason. But... he rolled up to Sothis Mining and spammed docking reqs, jumped the queue, then ignored multiple hails - while docked, launching, and in SC. I'm not some random cold blooded killer, but jumping the queue for a medium pad...

Basically there is no consequence to murder right now, hopefully 3.0 changes that.

Originally Posted by Ethaidan View Post (Source)
    The other night I laid into a mostly harmless shieldless T6. I pulled in behind him as he left the landing pad, had to throttle down not to run right through him, 2 shots from 1 weapon and his hull was at 21%... watched with sadness as he flew straight ahead and low waked away... followed him into SC... hailed him (again) before interdicting... and poof, he disappeared. Now, he might well have thought I was a mindless ganker picking on him for no reason. But... he rolled up to Sothis Mining and spammed docking reqs, jumped the queue, then ignored multiple hails - while docked, launching, and in SC. I'm not some random cold blooded killer, but jumping the queue for a medium pad...
    but.. Were you landing or taking off? shooting because he didn't answer your hails? does he knows your language?

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    True. For instance, you can be aligned with a superpower for power play. You're basically an open target for players from other powers. And there could be systems where pirates of some kind or other is trying to overtake and rule. Many reasons that the victim never would know about. That's why I don't complain about it anymore.
    Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    Pledging to a powerplay without knowing your enemies is like getting into Open thinking you will only find friends there.. Most powerplay kills know what was going on. Complaining and venting is different. The OP was venting, or seemed like that to me.
    lol - funny story...

A while ago my wingmate, Xabaras and I, both pledged to Hudson. We were green and didn't know what was up with what.

We were operating out of Wolf 906 and saw a Felicia Winters pledge in an Asp. Thinking we were allowed to engage other powerplayers freely, we stalked him off the pad and opened up on him right outside of the mailslot. We really tore him up, but let him get away as we realized that we had gone wanted and something wasn't right.

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    We really tore him up, but let him get away as we realized that we had gone wanted and something wasn't right.
    Some quick emergent high wake lol

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    but.. Were you landing or taking off? shooting because he didn't answer your hails? does he knows your language?
    I was waiting near the outpost, facing the medium pad when he dropped from SC. He flew near enough to the outpost to clearly see me sitting there. There was a good 2 minutes from him dropping from SC until the other T6 (on the pad) launched and left...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678