Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 121

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Factions giving out conflict zone missions during ceasefire

  1. #106
    Let me suggest that you at least offer a non-penalty solution for the players to quit the still open missions.

    - Close mission due to finished conflict


    Or:

    "The party withdrew its mission - you get a 10% compensation"

    OK?

  2. #107
    Yet another point:

    - they are still offering massive Kill missions in Liabeze. Yet there are NO CONFLICT ZONES, trust me. I went everywhere.

    Could you at least erase the Kill missions if there are no Conflict Zones at all?

  3. #108
    I will not drop this topic.
    This is unfair and very annoying.

    ---> 85/108 ships were shot down by me today at Liabeze.

    Suddenly all 7 Conflict Zones are gone. ALL at the same time.
    I have NO CHANCE finishing this mission.


    This was a hard mission.

    25.000.000 Credits not for me. All my work for nothing, just because of a bug in the programming.
    Massive standing loss with the faction.


    FIX THIS FRONTIER! Do not be lazy.

  4. #109
    And Frontier: what does "due to limitations" even mean?
    Imagine you put out a passenger mission for 25.000.000 Credits to the center and suddenly the center of the galaxy is gone.

    Frontier: "Oh, we are sorry, 2 weeks of flight for nothing, sorry, we have limitations, try another mission instead"

    This is sad, makes me angry and is unfair.
    Do your limitations in a different way.

    EDIT: how fast do I have to shoot down 108 ships? In 20 Minutes? Why do you give me 21 hours then? Make a LEAST one Conflict zone stable as long as the missions are."

  5. #110
    The conflict zones come and go with the server tick. I think itís around noon GMT but there is a track the tick thread.

    You can use that to time your mission pick ups for at least 24 hours of current CZs.

    Also check the pending status of the faction you are fighting for. If another state is pending then it will probably no longer be at war (no more czs) on the next tick.

    You could have found all of this information on a sticky post in the forum in the time it took you to post so aggressively here.

  6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #111
    Hey JohannStrauss,

    Hopefully, this can explain a bit more as to why you encounter this:
    Conflict zones disappear entirely from a star system when a war or civil war ends for one of those factions.
    Conflicts only last for a finite amount of time before they reach a conclusion.
    Another option might be that one particular conflict zone has gone away, to be replaced by another elsewhere in the star system. That's due to the NPCs all getting shot up and a different hotspot kicking off.

    o7

  7. #112
    Originally Posted by QA-Jack View Post (Source)
    Hey JohannStrauss,

    Hopefully, this can explain a bit more as to why you encounter this:
    Conflict zones disappear entirely from a star system when a war or civil war ends for one of those factions.
    Conflicts only last for a finite amount of time before they reach a conclusion.
    Another option might be that one particular conflict zone has gone away, to be replaced by another elsewhere in the star system. That's due to the NPCs all getting shot up and a different hotspot kicking off.

    o7
    - Increase the finite limit.
    - Compensate players for the kills they have allready gotten towards a mission.
    - Don't offer missions that cannot be completed in the 24 hours it says you have.

    OR

    - Give nothing and make them (us) feel like were being ripped off.

    CZ's are the only way to make real money in ED as a combat pilot and they have issues that need to be fixed.

  8. #113
    Originally Posted by Evil Flanker View Post (Source)
    - Increase the finite limit.
    - Compensate players for the kills they have allready gotten towards a mission.
    - Don't offer missions that cannot be completed in the 24 hours it says you have.

    OR

    - Give nothing and make them (us) feel like were being ripped off.

    CZ's are the only way to make real money in ED as a combat pilot and they have issues that need to be fixed.
    Disagree. Big, bad- mercenaries capable of killing 100s of ships in 24 hours should also be capable of doing 5 mins of Intel before accepting a mission.

    If you didnít even bother to check how the war was going before taking the contract then thatís on you.

  9. #114
    Originally Posted by QA-Jack View Post (Source)
    Hey JohannStrauss,

    Hopefully, this can explain a bit more as to why you encounter this:
    Conflict zones disappear entirely from a star system when a war or civil war ends for one of those factions.
    Conflicts only last for a finite amount of time before they reach a conclusion.
    Another option might be that one particular conflict zone has gone away, to be replaced by another elsewhere in the star system. That's due to the NPCs all getting shot up and a different hotspot kicking off.

    o7
    Thank you very much. Yesterday a Conflict Zone disappeared while I was in it.

    It says: "You left the conflict zone" and I could see the zone moved to 140 km away and all ships became just civilian ships at once.
    THEN I was killed instantly because my fighter was still firing since he thought he was in the conflict zone still and I received a bounty on my head that is still on.

    I am not mad or angry, I just want to show you frontier people that the conflict zones are VERY VERY hard to deal with and might feel a bit unfair if you are uninformed.

  10. #115
    Originally Posted by thelivingdeadguy View Post (Source)
    Disagree. Big, bad- mercenaries capable of killing 100s of ships in 24 hours should also be capable of doing 5 mins of Intel before accepting a mission.

    If you didn’t even bother to check how the war was going before taking the contract then that’s on you.
    >capable of doing 5 mins of Intel before accepting a mission.

    This is an insult.

    If there is a mission open saying "21 hours for 108 ships", I have the right for the CONTRACT to be upheld.
    Period.

    Anything else is for Frontier to fix it.
    Having said that I am glad though that Frontier explained the situation.
    And also be reminded that I lost 40 Million Credits yesterday because a Conflict Zone was moved WHILE I WAS Still IN IT!

    Thus my last shot fired gave me a bounty and ALL 200 ships fired at me at the same time.
    Just for you to understand the situation.

    Idea:
    - Make all missions for CZones valid until the next server tick only.
    This is only a matter of timing for me.

    Also note that I am perfectly able to shoot down 108 ships in 40-45 Minutes.
    But sometimes I just need to go potty or answer the phone. Or I need to re-ammo.

  11. #116
    Originally Posted by JohannStrauss View Post (Source)
    >capable of doing 5 mins of Intel before accepting a mission.

    This is an insult.

    If there is a mission open saying "21 hours for 108 ships", I have the right for the CONTRACT to be upheld.
    Period.

    Anything else is for Frontier to fix it.
    Having said that I am glad though that Frontier explained the situation.
    And also be reminded that I lost 40 Million Credits yesterday because a Conflict Zone was moved WHILE I WAS Still IN IT!

    Thus my last shot fired gave me a bounty and ALL 200 ships fired at me at the same time.
    Just for you to understand the situation.

    Idea:
    - Make all missions for CZones valid until the next server tick only.
    This is only a matter of timing for me.

    Also note that I am perfectly able to shoot down 108 ships in 40-45 Minutes.
    But sometimes I just need to go potty or answer the phone. Or I need to re-ammo.
    I fully understand your point and your disappointment. If it helps, this is what I found out by doing a lot of massacre missions. You can kill about 30 ships an hour if you have a reasonable combat ship. The tick to ceasefire comes at 17:00 UK time, so don't take any missions that you can't complete by the next tick.

    If you have say between 1 and 20 ships left to complete a mission after ceasefire and you have a fully-engineered battleship with a fighter, you can complete the mission by shooting one of the enemy ships, which will turn all enemy ships red and they'll all start to attack you, so it's quite exciting. You can kill something like 5 ships before you have to jump out and recharge your shields. The conflict zones disappear completely some time after ceasefire, so you need to get those ships as soon as you can. If you had just one ship to kill to complete your mission and have say a Vulture, you can probably get it by flying around and picking out an Eagle. If you're quick to kill it, you should be able to get out without getting blown up. You need to pre-target a system to jump to so that you can high-wake out of there as soon as you're done or when you get in trouble. Each time you come back, they've forgotten what you did before, so you get several attempts.

    You don't get a bounty by shooting any ships in a conflict zone whether it's in ceasefire or not because they're all lawless. There's one exception when a bounty hunter follows you into the CZ. He will announce his intention when you're in supercruise. You should not go into the CZ in that case. instead, you should drop-out anywhere else and he will drop out with you. If he's clean, you cannot shoot him. If your bounty is not from your present system, he will become wanted as soon as he lands a shot, after which you can shoot him.

  12. #117

    Civil war - ceasefire

    Severity
    Severe

    Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

    Time of occurrence
    19:43 GMT

    Date of occurrence
    14/02/2018

    VR?
    None / N/A

    Location
    Maia

    Ship/SRV?
    N/A

    Ship Type


    Commander Name
    #TAGER X

    Description
    Maia civil war between Ant Hill Mob and Hagglebeards Heroes - has been in ceasefire since it began on 13/02/2018

    Steps to Reproduce
    Visit Maia. Any conflict zone has been in ceasefire since war began.

    Additional files?

  13. #118

    Civil war - has begun but every CZ has been in ceasefire for 3 days since the start

    Severity
    Moderate

    Frequency
    All the time (100%)

    Time of occurrence
    20:28 GMT

    Date of occurrence
    15/02/2018

    VR?
    None / N/A

    Location
    MAIA

    Ship/SRV?
    N/A

    Ship Type


    Commander Name
    #TAGER X

    Description
    I logged this bug previously - and it was appended to a bug talking about massacre missions being given out while the CZ were in fact in ceasefire.

    This is an entirely different bug.

    The Civil War has begun - but no CZ is operating correctly - they have all been in ceasefire from the beginning of the war on the 12th until today.


    Steps to Reproduce
    Go to Maia. Enter a CZ. Its in ceasefire. They all have been. Since the start of the civil war.

    Additional files?

  14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #119
    Hey daman,

    Thanks for your report - Can you please grab some screenshots of the Factions influences from your Systems Panel (RHS panel) for me please.

    o7

  15. #120


    On the 4th day - civil war has ended. HH had influence of 3%

    The reason for the difference is that once the war had locked - there was the day prior to the war starting, and the Ant Hill Mob gained a lot of influence due to the repairs being done at Obsidian Orbital while HH didn't gain any influence.

    Once the war began - both sides lost influence as the other factions in the area gained influence through the regular traffic in the system.

    The combat zones were never active - they began in a ceasefire and remained that way until the end of the war.

    NOTE: other commanders who tried to participate in the civil war found the same issue - the CZs were never active, always in ceasefire from day 1 through to end of civil war.

    There is now another civil war int he system - with the CZs active and working as expected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast