Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dormant Bounty

Dormant Bounty

I have a dormant bounty on me and was wondering if that means they will try to kill me again if I go back to the system where they killed me the first time?

Yes they will. You'll be alright as long as you don't let the feds scan you. That means you have to sneak into the station and don't go to the nav beacon or any RES except hazardous.

Originally Posted by d8veh View Post (Source)
    Yes they will. You'll be alright as long as you don't let the feds scan you. That means you have to sneak into the station and don't go to the nav beacon or any RES except hazardous.
    It seems like I get scanned all the time no matter where I go. How do I keep them from scanning me? Is there a strategy I can use to keep them from scanning me?

Have a nicely repaired ship with new paint so you don't draw extra attention and be quick. After dropping in front of the station (approach it from the right direction from supercruise) boost, ask clearance, and slip in. Even if they start scanning you, if you're quick, you're going to make it before the scan is finished (they won't scan you once you're inside)
    If the ship that is scanning you is more than 300m away from you, you can also drop heatsink or engage silent running, to break contact. (just be careful with landing because silent running drops your shields)

edit: I should mention, though that this does require some experience. So I would recommend excercising it first. Somewhere you're NOT wanted, preferably. And also - during all this you're going to be speeding, of course, so any collision and all the consequences are on you. So, yeah. Careful. It's not hard at all. But that goes for everything in life - it's not hard once you've learned how to do it.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Have a nicely repaired ship with new paint so you don't draw extra attention and be quick. After dropping in front of the station (approach it from the right direction from supercruise) boost, ask clearance, and slip in. Even if they start scanning you, if you're quick, you're going to make it before the scan is finished (they won't scan you once you're inside)
    If the ship that is scanning you is more than 300m away from you, you can also drop heatsink or engage silent running, to break contact. (just be careful with landing because silent running drops your shields)

edit: I should mention, though that this does require some experience. So I would recommend excercising it first. Somewhere you're NOT wanted, preferably. And also - during all this you're going to be speeding, of course, so any collision and all the consequences are on you. So, yeah. Careful. It's not hard at all. But that goes for everything in life - it's not hard once you've learned how to do it.
    What about fighting back?

Originally Posted by L M P View Post (Source)
    What about fighting back?
    When you fight back against the security you will just accumulate bounties for assault and murder which will make your eventual death, as the scene more and more closely resembles the end of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, very expensive.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    When you fight back against the security you will just accumulate bounties for assault and murder which will make your eventual death, as the scene more and more closely resembles the end of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, very expensive.
    Yeah, I had a feeling that would be a bad thing to do.

It says that my bounty expires in 6 days, will they leave me alone after that?

Yes

Six day isn't that long and galaxy is big. Go see things.

Originally Posted by L M P View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I had a feeling that would be a bad thing to do.

It says that my bounty expires in 6 days, will they leave me alone after that?
    The only people to worry about are the faction who issued the bounty, so as long as you aren't in a system or part of a system they control almost nobody you meet will be interested.

The dormant bounty system seems ridiculous. It discourages gameplay. If a new player gets a dormant bounty, they are encouraged not to play for 6 days if a murder. The Dev's should just let players pay it off. Also you get bogged down micromanaging what system belongs to the offended faction. Also the faction can use a bunch of different names. Players learning to do combat are discouraged from playing. They also are limited to small ships. There should be an easier way to clear a bounty. Also if you're doing a community goal the player is punished and can't get back into the system. Welcome to ED, got a dormant bounty? come back in six days. Poor rule and gameplay

Galaxy is massive. Got to another part of it for 6 days.

Originally Posted by duster88 View Post (Source)
    The dormant bounty system seems ridiculous. It discourages gameplay. If a new player gets a dormant bounty, they are encouraged not to play for 6 days if a murder. The Dev's should just let players pay it off. Also you get bogged down micromanaging what system belongs to the offended faction. Also the faction can use a bunch of different names. Players learning to do combat are discouraged from playing. They also are limited to small ships. There should be an easier way to clear a bounty. Also if you're doing a community goal the player is punished and can't get back into the system. Welcome to ED, got a dormant bounty? come back in six days. Poor rule and gameplay
    Read the patch notes for 3.0
    Things are going to change quite dramatically.

Getting back into a system while carrying a bounty is easy, operating in it once back is somewhat harder, just have a jump planned ready, getting in to and out of the station is simple in principle but need some practice basically either try to sneak in using stealth and heat sinks or line up well outside set your scanners to long range display and go in fast when the security is a long way from the slot, note almost all outposts don't have security, get the speed and timing right and you are inside before they can finish scanning you just don't hit anyone. Leaving again is risky but treat it as if you had passengers, line up with the slot carefully select 2 pips to system and 4 to engines retract landing gear before entering the slot then when in the slot go to full throttle and boost and boost again as long as your ship is fast enough you should be out of scan range before they can finish scanning, again don't hit anyone.

Top tip as soon as you see Wanted appear on the right of your screen get out of the area and get into cruise or jump, if you are fast enough you can avoid the murder bounty and only lose minutes not days.

Or, rather than throw all your teddies out of the cot.

Go play next door.

Just to make it clear, only the feds in the system where you got the bounty need to be avoided. Nobody will bother you in any other system, except occasionally the feds have juristriction in one or more neighbouring systems, so always check,

Bounties are no problem. Whatever you want to do, you can do in other systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast