Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17202122232427 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Crime and Punishment in Beyond Chapter One

Originally Posted by Arias1101 View Post (Source)
    Last week I had 10 notoriety because of the PP undermining bug.
    All the following has been tried in Open Play as the Notoriety doesn't decay in Private Session or Solo.

- I tried to stay logged in a dock for an entire night and a day after. The night I came back (~18 hours later), I've undocked, jumped, log off and on, and my notoriety was still 10.
    - I played the session with 10 notoriety (4 hours of actual gameplay dropped it to 8)
    - Then, I bought a Sidewinder with some fuel tanks, and started to fly (useless modules off) in a straight line for 20 hours.
    - I've checked in the morning, my notoriety was 4 (my night lasted around 9 hours)
    - When I came back from work (~8 hours), I was clean.

So from this experience/experiment.

To me:
    - Docked DOES NOT count as game time for notoriety decay (may be an isolated bug ?)
    - The decay rate of notoriety is 1 notoriety for 2 hours of game time

Note: the PP undermining bug has been patched last week. Undermining will no longer raise notoriety.
    Haven't touched the game in a few weeks because of how poor the gameplay has been since beyond (senza prospecting, probably my new favorite activity) but I have also not been losing notoriety when docked, at all. Path notes indicate this is wrong, but I assure you this isn't an isolated incident, same has happened for a friend

Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post (Source)
    The "Reckless weapons discharge" has pretty much killed the desire to do any bounty hunting any more... at least in any multi-hardpoint vessel like an Anaconda or Corvette.

I converted any fixed to gimballed in hopes of minimizing this but to no avail. When some stupid AI NPC in an Eagle decides to boost-swoop out of nowhere through the path of my weapons, it should be Reckless Flying for him, not Reckless weapons discharge for me.

I'm thankful this isn't a bounty but a fine that puts local docks into anonymous access, but this is something that was simply a direct message from the NPC "I'm not the enemy!" or "Check your fire!" kind of thing... now AI blunders are a fine, apparently work towards the actual bounty and an annoyance.

It would be nice to also know what the threshold is for these reckless fines before they turn into a bounty. It IS nice I can dock locally to clear them, but adding these stupid trips so I don't become wanted is a nuisance and pretty much keeping me away from doing any bounty hunting.
    I don't follow this we now get a fine for making the same mistakes that were getting us a bounty and loads of ships shooting at us and the situation is somehow worse!

The Reckless Weapons Discharge starts at the old Assault Bounty threshold, though I don't recall exactly how much extra damage to get the bounty now but I think it is twice as much.

The only things that mitigate are turret mounted weapons, that will actively try to miss, and engineered smart rounds, which self destruct, it is alleged that the threshold rises with your status with the local controlling faction.

Another thing that can work is to be so close to the target that other ships can't get between you.

I never saw any Reckless Weapons Discharge fine... I do a lot of bounty hunting, but somehow I ALWAYS end up instantly wanted with a 200Cr bounty...

Even worst, when I shoot a GunShip from under, I often get a 200Cr bounty because the GunShip launch his fighter right on my lasers. It isn't scanned when it jumps out, so I got my free instant wanted status.

Is this Reckless Weapons Discharge fine a myth or am I missing something anyway? Isn't it supposed to be just a fine I can pay in the nearest station instead of a "Kill me" target painted on my back ?

I don't mind paying several hundreds of credits, but please don't send 50 cops on me because Jonnhy the NPC flew over my lasers at 400m/s

Even worst, when I shoot a GunShip from under, I often get a 200Cr bounty because the GunShip launch his fighter right on my lasers. It isn't scanned when it jumps out, so I got my free instant wanted status.
    This happened to me last night, and I'd like to know why the diamond around the fighter is red even though it hasn't landed a shot on me and I haven't landed a shot on the fighter. Is this working as intended? Sure, we should wait til the fighter is clear of the FGS, lesson learnt and all that, but this doesn't make sense to me.

IMO the "friendly fire" tolerance threshold needs to be increased further.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    I don't follow this we now get a fine for making the same mistakes that were getting us a bounty and loads of ships shooting at us and the situation is somehow worse!

The Reckless Weapons Discharge starts at the old Assault Bounty threshold, though I don't recall exactly how much extra damage to get the bounty now but I think it is twice as much.
    This isn't the case as what was a simple direct message in the past from the NPC is now a fine with the patch notes alluding to the potential of these adding up to a bounty if not cleared.

Prior to 3.0, the odd occasion where you would nick the shields of a friendly only resulted in a direct message to the effect of: "I'm not the enemy!" or "Watch your fire, pilot!" kinds of things. Now it's the message + 200cr fine.

I'm "fine" with the fine, personally. I can just go clear them when I go to collect my bounties. What troubles me is what may be the threshold alluded to in the release notes when it becomes a bounty... which then demotes the bounty hunting mission into becoming kill-on-site for friendlies and now the added "convenience" of having to find another system with an interstellar or aligned contact, along with cleaning your ship.

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Another thing that can work is to be so close to the target that other ships can't get between you.
    Hence why I've only been taking out my Vulture. It's pretty much dry-docked my 'conda and/or other larger ships from combat. I never thought to try turreted weapons except when asteroid mining (don't even turn to return fire.. while continuing to mine lol) but maybe I'll give that a go until the next patch.

Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post (Source)
    Prior to 3.0, the odd occasion where you would nick the shields of a friendly only resulted in a direct message to the effect of: "I'm not the enemy!" or "Watch your fire, pilot!" kinds of things. Now it's the message + 200cr fine.
    Never seen such a fine, that's my main complain...

Never seen such a fine, that's my main complain...
    Yep.. me too. I did several of the bounty hunting community goals as well as did a lot of ranking-up in conflict zones and never got a fine or a bounty... well with the exception of the occasional jumping the gun before a scan may have completed very rarely (my bad heh).

Now I get one in just moments of entering a RES post 3.0... on the same ships with no modifications since 2.4 in the same RES zones...

It needs some tweaks for sure, especially as mentioned above if a hostile NPC target launches a fighter and this results in an instant bounty for hitting the fighter.

If you're getting an instant bounty, perhaps it's that local rep coming into play another poster mentioned above? I'm in solid-allied systems hunting so perhaps the Bounty > Fine is indeed related to faction rep?

With a content update this massive, it's expected there will be a ton of tweaks and bug fixes associated. In the mean time, my semi-retired Vulture is getting a lot more use now heh. I even broke down to buy a new paintjob for it. Maybe that was the goal all along! Sell more paintjobs on the smaller/faster fighters to close the distance gap.

Let's take stock of how this new crime and punishment system has worked for me so far.

Fly around HAZ res, find target, shoot target, some other npc flies between me and target, 800 credit bounty for assault, keep hunting, get too eager and shoot early, 800 credit bounty again, repeat for a couple hours of bounty hunting.

Damn, now I can't go to my home station, better go to a low security system.

Damn, can't pay bounty because of notoriety, oh well log off come back another day. Log back on next day, still can't pay because notoriety only goes down if you're in game, I have two notoriety. Can't do crap because I'm locked out of everything, logging off doesn't get rid of it. So I can either leave my Xbox AFC for 2 hours, or I can find something else to do with my time, and since the notoriety doesn't go down because I'm not logged in, every single time I login I will not be able to play.

Then every time I think about playing Elite I remember the notoriety and how I will have to sit around for 2 hours before I can actually do anything and I just don't want to play anymore.

I'm not a hardcore Elite player I only play in private groups with my friends, or solo play. I jump on because I want to shoot some stuff make a couple Mill in bounties and waste some time, not to have my time wasted.

I fully understand that something needed to be done; but this system is so stringent, it is killing the game for me. If I know that every time I want to jump on and play I'm going to get smacked with every tiny little bounty and build up notoriety and then have to sit around for hours before I can play again, I just don't want to do it.

Can't pay, can't play.

Yeah I feel you man,

Pretty much the same for me, I had to let the game run on my computer for 20 hours to get rid of the notoriety I had from undermining, can't play the game otherwise... And being forced to play Online is so sad, why would I have to pay online something I did in solo or private group ?? This doesn't make any sense...

It doesn't, it's not like I'm doing anything bad I haven't even accidentally killed anyone I'm just a sloppy shooter, or I bump into a miner while in combat. I'm being nickel and dime to death by notoriety because small little bounties add up, and since notoriety only goes down if you're in game it's not even worth starting the game up anymore because I already know I'm not going to be able to do anything.

I guess I'll check back, in a couple months or watch to see if any of my favorite YouTubers say anything about changes.

Originally Posted by Jharick View Post (Source)
    oh well log off come back another day. Log back on next day, still can't pay because notoriety only goes down if you're in game, I have two notoriety. Can't do crap because I'm locked out of everything, logging off doesn't get rid of it. So I can either leave my Xbox AFC for 2 hours, or I can find something else to do with my time,
    You will only gain notoriety for "Gun Murder". see here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...d-Combat-zones

Logging off doesn't constitute as game time, being docked does count as game time and doing something else, like minor missions to while away the notoriety. Remember, if you've whiled away notoriety by being docked, when notoriety = 0 you must jump to super cruise, see here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...bounties-fines

Bottom line: always allow your scanner to finish its scan before opening fire on a target, even if its a mission target who is wanted, and if you kill a innocent you will be grounded, it's really simple.

Damn, can't pay bounty because of notoriety, oh well log off come back another day. Log back on next day, still can't pay because notoriety only goes down if you're in game, I have two notoriety. Can't do crap because I'm locked out of everything, logging off doesn't get rid of it. So I can either leave my Xbox AFC for 2 hours, or I can find something else to do with my time, and since the notoriety doesn't go down because I'm not logged in, every single time I login I will not be able to play.
    It doesn't, it's not like I'm doing anything bad I haven't even accidentally killed anyone...
    If you haven't killed anyone, you don't have notoriety. Easy as that. You only get notoriety from killing. So what is it you're not telling?

Yeah I feel you man,

Pretty much the same for me, I had to let the game run on my computer for 20 hours to get rid of the notoriety I had from undermining, can't play the game otherwise... And being forced to play Online is so sad, why would I have to pay online something I did in solo or private group ?? This doesn't make any sense...
    Are you confusing online with open? You have to be online because all of the modes play in the same galaxy. Otherwise, your purposeful murder (what you call "undermining") would not affect the standing of your chosen lord anywhere. And, at least according to all what FD said, your notoriety will decay in all three game modes.

And to both of you: there are several ten thousand (may be a hundred thousand, may be more) minor factions in the galaxy. You're only wanted with one of them. Hop over a couple of systems and do something there until your notoriety has cooled off and you can pay your fines at an IF.

---

Edit: Or embrace your new life as a criminal, drive up your notoriety, and when you finally get the ATR after your sorry backside, see how many of them you can take with you before they kill you .

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Are you confusing online with open? You have to be online because all of the modes play in the same galaxy. Otherwise, your purposeful murder (what you call "undermining") would not affect the standing of your chosen lord anywhere. And, at least according to all what FD said, your notoriety will decay in all three game modes.

And to both of you: there are several ten thousand (may be a hundred thousand, may be more) minor factions in the galaxy. You're only wanted with one of them. Hop over a couple of systems and do something there until your notoriety has cooled off and you can pay your fines at an IF.

---

Edit: Or embrace your new life as a criminal, drive up your notoriety, and when you finally get the ATR after your sorry backside, see how many of them you can take with you before they kill you .

Indeed I was talking of Open.
    However, unless it has been changed in 3.0.2, notoriety doesn't decay in Private Session or Solo play from what I've seen.

Since the undermining notoriety bug has been changed in the last update, I'm currently fine (I just have a bounty from a PP power, wich doesn't have much consequences and wich I don't mind to have).

My main complain remains in the fact that the "Reckless Weapon Discharge" fine is currently non-existent (as far as I know) in the game.
    In other words, the system has been toughen, but not the responses... We always end up wanted for just a 0.1s friendly fire.

It happens to me once every 5 bounty hunting session, wich pushes me to find an Interstellar Factor (with a large landing pad for my Corvette), go there, land, clear, take off, and go back to where I was.
    It's annoying.

I get it, I have to be punished for that little NPC miner I tried to protect but accidently slightly scratched in the process. I would gladly pay a fine for it.
    But treating me like a criminal for it is just foolish in my opinion.

Ok, I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I'm currently in Open, in an extraction system, refuelling my Vulture in the system's large starport. In a few minutes, I'll hop over to the local Haz RES and kill one clean ship. That should give me one Notoriety point.
    After that, I'll switch to solo and hop over to a nearby low security system, dock and leave my ship on the pad, game running. When I come back from my saturday shopping, I'll make a hop to a different system and back again and see if I can clear my bounty at the IF.

I'll keep this post updated with the progression.

---

First part complete. Hopped into Haz Res, killed some innocent miner (for science!), game crashed when jumping out to my chosen cooldown system.

https://imgur.com/a/os5Pr

----

Ok, docked now in solo on Serling Base in Scorpii Sector EW-W c1-27. I'm again squeaky clean in this system (even the local security scanned me and found nothing objectionable). As expected, the IF refuses to deal with me until my notoriety has expired. Off to do my shopping now, I'll leave the game running in the background.

IHowever, unless it has been changed in 3.0.2, notoriety doesn't decay in Private Session or Solo play from what I've seen.
    I only play in Solo and Notoriety does decay in Solo as advertised, yes I've also accidentally killed someone :-))

The concept is simple, "Gun Murder" in any mode will make you notorious.
    Please read the links, (a few lines of text), I gave you previously to gain a full understanding of notoriety and its decay.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17202122232427 ... LastLast