Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Chicken Run (03-11 MAR))

OK, OP has been updated.

New Banner/Signature pics:
    https://i.imgur.com/6y7krlj.png for the large version (banner)
    https://i.imgur.com/7CN34wP.png for the small version (signature)

Can confirm I would be delighted to attend the extraordinary meeting at the Escape Bar & Grill, Noriega Station, LTT 2151 on 02nd of March1 3304, 20:00 IGT

Hi, first time racer, long time enthusiast. Looking forward to hearing about this next chance for frenetic insanity!

Welcome Camisade!

Have fun, and fly fast!

Originally Posted by Camisade View Post (Source)
    Hi, first time racer, long time enthusiast. Looking forward to hearing about this next chance for frenetic insanity!
    Hi Camisade and welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club!

There are three rules.

1) have fun
    2) never fly without the rebuy
    3) don't win your first ever Buckyball Race unless you have the funds to buy everyone else a round of drinks

Fly Fast!

Hmm, Chicken Run eh?

Anything to do with KFC's problems in the UK at all??

I'll keep an eye on this thread, currently out investigating the Guardian's ruins, just in case Ram Tah's mission gets removed with the release of Beyond next week.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Hi Camisade and welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club!

There are three rules.

1) have fun
    2) never fly without the rebuy
    3) don't win your first ever Buckyball Race unless you have the funds to buy everyone else a round of drinks

Fly Fast!
    Thanks!
    1) Check -- can do easy!
    2) Check!
    3) Judging by the ham-handed way I hoon a car around the track (and an SRV across a low-grav voidscape), and the occasional untangling from botching the mail slot mamba), this is not a danger. But if it happens, I'd happily meet everyone at Hutton and the round would be on me!

I will be attending even if it is to show my lack of common sense and piloting skills!

In-roleplay: Erm... What's a chicken? Is that a new drink? I heard everything in the universe tastes like it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, sounds like something fun to break the monotony
    Always wanted to try out one of those crazy SRV runs.

What happens if a CMDR shows up at Noriega on PS4?

Originally Posted by Tiny_Rick View Post (Source)
    For the meetup, you'd probably be on your own. We've had a few console entries though, so you never know.

For the race, although it's nice to see each other in game and say hello (most of us race in open-mode for that reason), most of our race banter happens in the forum and race-times use the in-game clock for start/finish so there's no need to be on the same platform or time-zone as other racers. So you're good-to-go on PC/Mac/Xbox/PS4/whatever!

(well maybe not Mac, because of horizons )

Originally Posted by Tiny_Rick View Post (Source)
    Same as if they would show up on PC or XBox. I.e. nothing much, since instancing and time zones rarely let you meet someone else .
    If you're talking about Friday evening - as I said somewhere above, that isn't actually intended as live event, and in any case the race (as usual) won't start before Staurday, 03.03., 00:00.

Seriously - you're welcome to participate on any platform, and there won't be any discrimination between platforms. Maybe if you're new to Buckyball racing, I'll shortly explain the general outline:
    - a race date gets published in the Buckyball racer's group thread as well as its dedicated race thread (done that - you're here)
    - the race is usually decorated with some background story or ropleplay. Wouldn't be fun otherwise.
    - the race course, conditions (e.g. ship classes, limitations), all the fine print etc. gets published in the race thread before the start time. I intend to do this on the evening before the race, as I don't want to give you too much time for training
    - the races usually (definitely in my case) run for one week, with both weekends included
    - you will need to start your run after the start time, and finish it before the deadline. So, start any time after 03.03., 00:00, and finish before 11.03., 24:00 IGT. Verdict is by the cockpit clock. For Chicken Run, some trial runs have given times of less than one hour (you can also see that on the race banner).
    - during the race week, updates with race times and current positions on the leaderboard will be posted in this thread
    - you will need some means to provide screenshots (or movies) of your runs as proofs
    - if you don't have a (or several) dedicated race ships available, don't worry. As a tradition, Buckyball races always include a low-cost ship class which can be bought and outfitted at or near to the starting station. Low cost is generally a good idea - ships tend to be regarded as expendable. Anything that gets you down onto the landing pad and is still in one piece is considered a success. For the Chicken Run limited class, you'll need roughly 300k Cr. for the ship, and whatever you will find neccessary for rebuys.

So this is not a single shot live event - you will always race against the clock, and can compare your performance with that of the other racers. Live events are difficult to set up across time zones and instancing. That said, I'll try to be in game and on Discord on Friday evening, but no promises.

If you look at the banner, you will also see some symbols that should give you hints about the race - see also the Buckyball Racing website. In addition, I won't give away too much if I say that, in difference to the last two races, there won't be any fancy route optimization involved this time. So you can leave those spreadsheets alone.

Intent to race / become a meteorite!

Currently moving house 2200 miles across the U.S. and was not sure if I would make it for the original dates, so yay for delays! I should be able to get the gaming rig back up and running by the middle of next week

I'm not around much next week but I may manage a run or 2 on the final day.

Have fun cmdrs.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast