Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Your Favourite Quotes

Originally Posted by Gortron View Post (Source)
    "live a lot trust a few but always paddle your own canoe"

Don't know who said it but like it a lot
    Originally Posted by Gortron View Post (Source)
    There is a construction and services company local to me that inexplicably has that written on all its vehicles.
    For some reason your posts remind me of a sign I used to see outside an auto-wrecker's yard some many years ago:

"Please drive carefully, we don't need any more stock".

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    For some reason your posts remind me of a sign I used to see outside an auto-wrecker's yard some many years ago:

"Please drive carefully, we don't need any more stock".
    haha! I love boats, I'm proper into boats. I have wasted so much money on boats and boating it is ridiculous.

There is a sign at the end of someone's garden in Norfolk that is only passable by boat and it says "please don't throw stones at this sign"....

“My father called me his ‘shining wit’, it was then I understood his dyslexia”

er...me.

Keep Calm and Ignore The Memes.

“Like a pig pulling a cart load of sausages, I draw my own conclusions”. Julian Cope

i liked this so much I made a vignette of the quote on my Model railway. Wish I had a photo..

"Everyone is a genius in their own way, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go through life thinking it is stupid."
    -Attributed to Albert Einstein

"There are two things that are infinite; The universe and stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former."

“'Kindly let me help you or you will drown,' said the monkey as he put the fish safely up a tree."
    -Unknown

In ancient times when I was at Uni, the following sign was displayed outside the Technicians desk:-

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part”

It’s never to late to give up.

Unknown

Originally Posted by KellyR View Post (Source)
    "Everyone is a genius in their own way, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go through life thinking it is stupid."
    Without wanting to be a party pooper, but there is no evidence of that ever being said by Einstein, and it doesnt sound like anything he'd ever say at all. If anything, he strongly didnt feel 'everyone is a genius in their own way', and he wasn't shy with expressing his disappointment with others' intellect.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Without wanting to be a party pooper, but there is no evidence of that ever being said by Einstein, and it doesnt sound like anything he'd ever say at all. If anything, he strongly didnt feel 'everyone is a genius in their own way', and he wasn't shy with expressing his disappointment with others' intellect.
    I know Einstein didn't say that. Notice it says Attributed to Albert Einstein. I don't know who actually said it. But when I first saw the quote, the name under the quote was Albert Einstein. I thought, "No way. I gotta research this. And it seems I was correct. No evidence he ever said it. But it is Attributed to him.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
    -H.L. Mencken

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
    -H.L. Mencken

Oh hell yes.

Originally Posted by KellyR View Post (Source)
    I know Einstein didn't say that. Notice it says Attributed to Albert Einstein. I don't know who actually said it. But when I first saw the quote, the name under the quote was Albert Einstein. I thought, "No way. I gotta research this. And it seems I was correct. No evidence he ever said it. But it is Attributed to him.

A great many quotes "by Einstein" are made up. Including the insanity one, he never said that either.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415