Page 4 of 6 First 23456 Last

Thread: A guide to good base jumping locations

Oh boy ... this one's gonna be good!

Jump and video tomorrow.

Wow!

Thank you for putting this together! SRV jumping is something I have recently fallen in love with, and you have shown me some more mountains to try. I am truly grateful. If me or any of my wingmates find somewhere stunning that isn't listed, I'll be sure to post here. The only mountain I have really had any experience with is Pomeche 2C, but that is about to change. Here is a jump. Apologies the video is so dark.

Top speed just before initial impact was 337. I am still trying to beat it.
    The mountain made me truly grateful, and now I'm hooked.
    o7, CMDRs

Originally Posted by Toberius View Post (Source)
    Thank you for putting this together! SRV jumping is something I have recently fallen in love with, and you have shown me some more mountains to try. I am truly grateful. If me or any of my wingmates find somewhere stunning that isn't listed, I'll be sure to post here. The only mountain I have really had any experience with is Pomeche 2C, but that is about to change. Here is a jump. Apologies the video is so dark.
    https://youtu.be/CKzalLQA_80
    o7, CMDRs
    Thanks Toberius, always delighted to find another base jump fan. Hope you enjoy the locations I've catalogued so far and thanks for the video. I'll add your location to the OP shortly.

And, on the subject of planets like Pomeche ...

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Oh boy ... this one's gonna be good!

https://i.imgur.com/p7ImghW.png

Jump and video tomorrow.
    It's better than good, this planet is a base jumper's paradise! The mountain I left myself parked on yesterday was in darkness today.

I still did a couple of really enjoyable jumps from it (video(s) coming soon) but I then went looking for some mountains in sunlight and discovered that there's a whole bunch of these greenish, round topped mountains distributed around the planet.

I found another and god, with that scenery far below you it's just awesome! I may be here for several days!

I've added the planet to the OP along with a video of my jump from the sunlit mountain.

Both Synuefe base jump videos now soundtracked and uploaded.

Originally Posted by Toberius View Post (Source)
    https://youtu.be/CKzalLQA_80
    o7, CMDRs
    Hey Toberius, just a quickie to say I've now added your entry to the OP. It's essentially the same site as the other Pomeche entry we already had so I've just linked your name to the same writeup and added your video. Hope that's OK.

There's this magnificent mountain immediately behind Colonia Hub. I haven't measured it yet, but it looks big !

I mean it may only be 1.5Km or so high, but still... Gotta be worth some style points

I think I'm supposed to post this here:

Again sorry for the lack of kickers and aerial virtuosities Alec!

Now added mine and AkenBosch's videos to the Planet Wilson entry (I hadn't appreciated at the time that we all jumped from the same mountain as far as I can tell from the co-ordinates).

Paid a visit to Oluwefami Depot today, very cool. So there's a deep ravine which runs right behind the base and a road exit that leads straight over the edge, hilarious. It was a bit dark so the video wasn't worth uploading but here's a screenie ..

What's quite fun is to try and drive back up to the base after completing your jump, nice little hill climbing challenge. There's also a potential for a long jump competition here where you would target the base, take a running leap over the ravine and record how far away you managed to get on your first bounce (alas this only occured to me afterwards).

ATTENTION BASE JUMPERS!

The Buckyball Racing Club are running a week long festival of base-jumping (aka "a race") at Smith Base in Beta Sculptoris, starting this coming Saturday!

Buckyball-Racing-Club-presents-Falling-With-Style-An-SRV-base-jumping-festival-(19-27-May-3304)

Greetings SRV enthusiasts ... I bring you a quick update!

Thanks to a challenge (now accepted) from -NeXuS- to try my hand at a new sport of "ridge running" on Synuefe VM-D C15-10 (which some have called "the new Pomeche") I've now tweaked the title of the thread and added a new "Ridge Running" section to the OP.

Here's s screenshot of the route taken on my first attempt and a video of the full run will be available shortly.

Originally Posted by Nick Sticks View Post (Source)
    That looks like fun!
    It was ... LOTS. I'm staying there to try again tomorrow.