Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Sony UK has Elite Dangerous as a PSVR title

Sony UK has Elite Dangerous as a PSVR title

Hi folks

could this be a hint for elite dangerours confirmed for psvr..

I went on the sony uk psvr web page from my pc today and in the vr titles under more( scroll down page and select more) Elite Dangerous is listed next to star trek bridge crew...https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ex...tion-vr/games/

I do hope so

It may have always been like that, I don't know. If not .....

The header of the page does say, "Out now & coming soon to PS VR" (emphasis mine). Holy crapolie!

ps - I'm taking your word that ED is in this list of games, as I didn't scroll through looking for it.

The part that states "Coming soon" is the key. I for one will not be holding my breath waiting. And though it may seem a bit harsh, have no sympathy for those that will, when they turn blue.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Nemo LXXI View Post (Source)
    The part that states "Coming soon" is the key. I for one will not be holding my breath waiting. And though it may seem a bit harsh, have no sympathy for those that will, when they turn blue.
    I think Sony defines "Soon" differently than Frontier does, but I'm not holding my breath either until an official announcement is made. Even then, I'm not sure I'd invest in PSVR. To do it right, I'd have to get both the VR gear and a PS4 Pro, and once I start plunking down that kind of cash, I might as well invest in an higher-resolution PC VR rig (or more likely, wait for the PS5). However, I would be thrilled for everyone who currently owns PSVR

When Ed was on Lave Radio the other day he got asked about this and although he didn't exactly say no, it was pretty much as clear as he could make it that PS4 wasn't ever going to get ED on PSVR. I suspect this is just Sony spin to try and make sales for the VR headset.

let me ask this (I just wonder) :

1) what is quality of PSVR in comparision with some more famous PC ones - like Oculus ? NOte, I'm _absolute_ noob regarding VR ...

2) do you think PS4 Pro is powerful enough for VR ? I believe it's preformance is the main reason why ED for PS misses 4K and VR ..

Anyway I can live without VR (even w/o 4K) for now .. what I really miss (every day) is missing captain's log/journal ..

TW

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    When Ed was on Lave Radio the other day he got asked about this and although he didn't exactly say no, it was pretty much as clear as he could make it that PS4 wasn't ever going to get ED on PSVR.
    Wow, that would be sad :-(

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    I suspect this is just Sony spin to try and make sales for the VR headset.
    Na, they would lose too much rep if they started making stuff up - could just be a typo OR it could be true!

Originally Posted by TWitko View Post (Source)
    let me ask this (I just wonder)
    1) what is quality of PSVR in comparision with some more famous PC ones - like Oculus ? NOte, I'm _absolute_ noob regarding VR ...

Higher frame rate but lower resolution and field of view (link to excellent comparison chart)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/vr.../1100-6456697/

2) do you think PS4 Pro is powerful enough for VR ? I believe it's preformance is the main reason why ED for PS misses 4K and VR ..
    Imo, the PS4 Pro would have no issues with Elite in VR as Elite can run on an i3 with integrated graphics.

That is, unless there is some unknown performance issue with Elite running on PS4...

But I really don't think this is the case! There was a bug that made Elite run super fast on PS4 - so if it has no problems running x4 on my PS4 slim, then I can't see it having an issue with VR or 4K...

...unless PS4 sales have been really low, thus not warranting future updates for 4K and VR???

Still, I think 4K and VR will come to PS4 (I'm optimistic :-D )

Wouldn’t it be amazing if FD had snuck it into Beyond and had deliberately hidden it from us......... I think I’d have a geekgasum

JumpJack ... do you really believe it ?
    Or just kidding ? .... then ... it's black .. very black ... humour

TW

let me ask this (I just wonder) :

Anyway I can live without VR (even w/o 4K) for now .. what I really miss (every day) is missing captain's log/journal ..

TW
    If you can live without ED VR - you haven't tried ED VR!

Not really......but.....it......could....be........

Looked at the pic that was linked to and sadly, look at the Blue bit in the bottom left corner. All the other pics say psvr, but not the ED pic. Gutted.

Originally Posted by Sweet&Dandy View Post (Source)
    If you can live without ED VR - you haven't tried ED VR!
    I've tried EDVR.

I can also live without it.

Personally I prefer high-quality head tracking. And voice attack.

Honestly, to me, whilst VR is certainly cool... Definitely not essential.

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    I've tried EDVR.

I can also live without it.

Personally I prefer high-quality head tracking. And voice attack.

Honestly, to me, whilst VR is certainly cool... Definitely not essential.
    Whilst not essential I think it would definitely bring a new level of depth to the game. I’ve not tried the VR version but I do love my PSVR as it definitely adds a whole new level of immersion, even on old games like Skyrim which I think is pretty awesome.

I keep hearing about voice attack but I’m not a PC gamer. I’m assuming it’s used for voice commands like Bridge Crew? Is there any reason why it couldn’t be brought in game?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast