Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - the features of 3.0

Originally Posted by shuki25 View Post (Source)
    Does this mean that you have to be in the game for the timer to count down and the timer stops when you are logged out? Or could we just log out and come back the next day and notoriety would go back down to zero?
    I read it as you have to be in game for the timer to count down and it stops when you're logged out.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #17
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commander shuki25!

Does this mean that you have to be in the game for the timer to count down and the timer stops when you are logged out? Or could we just log out and come back the next day and notoriety would go back down to zero?
    You have to be in the game for Notoriety to decay.

Timer is only active whilst you are playing, it will stop on logging.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commander shuki25!

Ah, so it's not quite as forgiving as it seemed. That's great to hear.

By the way, could we maybe have missions switch over to a similar system? Losing a mission because real life got in the way can be really, really annoying.

Originally Posted by Epicthetrumble View Post (Source)
    Ah, so it's not quite as forgiving as it seemed. That's great to hear.
    Or just leave your game logged in overnight/whilst at work and come back to Notoriety zero

Looking good. Gimme.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commander shuki25!

any plans to prevent cheering this? Say, by simply sitting in a dock and doing something else for a couple of hours to reset the Noteriety status?

or is the time considered enough of a deterrent now?

Originally Posted by nathdixon92 View Post (Source)
    Is the chieftain getting one of its modules upgraded to a 6?
    Would like to know that, too. In the provided vid it has only 5s. If it stays like that I'm not interested

Excellent ! A lot of work here !

+1 Frontier

How will the new C&P system affect Piracy as a career choice? (Ideally notoriety wouldn't come in to it because a good pirate is there to steal, not to kill)
    Personally I've only dabbled in it, but I have found unless I am specifically targeting NPCs with high amounts of LTD, I am coming away with minimal amounts of credits. Not being able to cover ammo costs, let-alone covering the costs for fines and bounties gained for interdicting, hatch breaking, and the damage taken from other players.
    Will there be an increase in black market prices for those selling? Or faster Hatch Breakers and Collector Limpets to increase profit being made?
    Or will it work more or less as it has done pre-3.0?

Originally Posted by kizcat View Post (Source)
    How will the new C&P system affect Piracy as a career choice? (Ideally notoriety wouldn't come in to it because a good pirate is there to steal, not to kill)
    Personally I've only dabbled in it, but I have found unless I am specifically targeting NPCs with high amounts of LTD, I am coming away with minimal amounts of credits. Not being able to cover ammo costs, let-alone covering the costs for fines and bounties gained for interdicting, hatch breaking, and the damage taken from other players.
    Will there be an increase in black market prices for those selling? Or faster Hatch Breakers and Collector Limpets to increase profit being made?
    Or will it work more or less as it has done pre-3.0?
    If you don't kill you won't get notorious.

There are new targets such as Mega ships that you can steal stuff from on the NPC target side.

Please can you add something like "Crime report status" under commander's name (if is scanned)? For better clarity and deciding if is worth to attack that commander or not? Thank you

20 hours for notoriety to drop? Can see some people just leaving the game.

Why only 1000 mats still? thought it was to be 100 of each type of material?

Ed, please consider this. When at an engineer base please allow the engineer access to the Storage Module - this is a QoL suggestion to prevent the moving of ships around. In real life you don't need take you're whole washing machine to a shop to buy a spare part once you've already driven there.

Originally Posted by lovely lovely View Post (Source)
    20 hours for notoriety to drop? Can see some people just leaving the game.

Why only 1000 mats still? thought it was to be 100 of each type of material?

into per materials buckets

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)

into per materials buckets
    ah right, so 100 of X material G5, 100 of Y material G5, 300 of A material g1, 300 B material g1 etc

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast