Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Missing Resource Extraction site (Hazardous)

OUR FACTION'S HAZARDOUS RES BECAME ONLY HIGH RES

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    10:00

Date of occurrence
    1/3/2018

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Python

Commander Name
    maro-val

Description
    In our home system which is 241 G. AQUARII the HAZARDOUS RES is now converted into HIGH RES. This is pretty much game braking for us, because that RES was a reason for us gathering and it was THE MAIN REASON we selected that system as our home system.

Steps to Reproduce
    Go to 241 G. AQUARII and head to the RES that is close to GIBSON station.

Additional files?

Missing the HAZ RES on 241 G. AQUARII 2nd planet.

We are missing haz res in HIP 43296 and one in Chaac too

The Delkar system has the same issue.

Used to be a HAZ RES in a metallic ring (miners and hunters could join wings and fly together, it was great and made sense).

Now the HAZ RES moved to the rocky ring, and there is a LOW RES where the HAZ used to be. It makes less sense than it used to make. (The HAZ should be in the most profitable risk/reward ring).

This is killing our mining/hunting gameplay, and there was seemingly no reason to make the change? I sent in a ticket about this issue, here is the response:

Thanks for your message regarding this problem. I'm sorry this has happened.

The placement of low and high resource extraction sites is controlled by an algorithm. This bit of code has been changed slightly in the last update and as a result, some sites may have moved.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to restore individual resource sites to their former position. However, there should still be sites around that are similar to the place you used before.

I am sorry that I cannot be of greater assistance in this matter."

So they DID change something.

Haz res missing from hip 97174 at the ring near the station and a comp nav beacon.

Missing Resource Extraction site (Hazardous)

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    8:00 AM (all the time)

Date of occurrence
    27/02/18-Present

VR?
    N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Any

Commander Name
    SKIFTON

Description

Delkar system planet 7 used to have a Hazardous Extraction Site in the inner (metallic) ring. This made sense (risk/reward) and mining pilots could wing up with bounty hunters and both fly in the same RES getting maximum profit together.

After the update, the HAZRES is gone and has been replaced by a Low Intensity Extraction Site. There is now a Hazardous RES in the rocky ring instead.

This makes no sense from a logical standpoint, as the highest reward ring would logically have more risk. It also hurts gameplay - the bounty hunters want to fly in the HAZRES, but the miners want to fly in the Metallic ring....so they can no longer fly together and both have the best experience.

Long story short: It was working perfectly before, seemingly no reason to change anything. And then it changed.

I created a general ticket for this issue, and this was the response:

Hi xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for your message regarding this problem. I'm sorry this has happened.

The placement of low and high resource extraction sites is controlled by an algorithm. This bit of code has been changed slightly in the last update and as a result, some sites may have moved.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to restore individual resource sites to their former position. However, there should still be sites around that are similar to the place you used before.

I am sorry that I cannot be of greater assistance in this matter.

So, something changed - but no reason given why.

Steps to Reproduce
    Go to Delkar 7, inner ring no longer has a HAZRES.

So in a few words they wont change it back and because not many people will complain, we will get the finger on this. Classic frontier that is "listening".

Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    So in a few words they wont change it back and because not many people will complain, we will get the finger on this. Classic frontier that is "listening".
    Pretty much this. But I would have thought this would have affected quite a large number of players (i.e. players groups trying to affect the BGS through BH/mining just off the top of my head, players "home" systems...).

The cynical part of me wonders if this was a deliberate attempt to get people moving around. I was considering making Mbutsi my new home system but not now.

I am also in Delkar, and this is indeed quite an inconvenience for players in this system. Pristine, metallic ring and the haz res has been removed. This combination was a prime reason for picking said location, the draw back of 3300ls station was the price. However, taking the primary group's enjoyment (bounty hunting while protecting our members mining) right out is a bit of a big change. Low res don't spawn enough to be great for bounty hunting, and well the rocky rings aren't that great for mining either. Both parties lose.

Please look into reviewing this change, or propose custom res site locations for affected groups. It's not fair to not warn people of something that impacts many players - this was not a necessary change.

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Pretty much this. But I would have thought this would have affected quite a large number of players (i.e. players groups trying to affect the BGS through BH/mining just off the top of my head, players "home" systems...).

The cynical part of me wonders if this was a deliberate attempt to get people moving around. I was considering making Mbutsi my new home system but not now.
    It's not the first time this has happened. When CMDR VicTic was adding RES to the edtools pristine metallic finder ~2 years ago I cautioned him that they move around on major updates.

The FRC moved into Delkar in September 2016. The Haz res sites location was key in choosing this system from the short list Frontier provided us. No update but this one has caused res sites to change location. The reseeding of res sites was not necessary IMO and has severely impacted our players enjoyment of the Beyond update. If such a change was going to occur, communication to the Player Groups this would affect should have happened.; it didn't. Now multiple player groups are affected by the change and we all appear to be getting the Finger from Fdev in this issue.

All the HAZ RES I went to vanished after 3.0. This is less than ideal. I am off exploring until Frontier sorts this out. I love the new planet detail, by the way, so thank you for that!

Oh and when will the SRV stop turning 180 degrees every time I hit a rock?!? This is so annoying!

The HAZ RES sites in Iota Hydri have gone too. I've had this as a home system for years, so I hope these come back. I don't want to move!

Originally Posted by SledgeFox View Post (Source)
    I am off exploring until Frontier sorts this out.
    Read the earlier posts - it doesn't look like Frontier will be sorting it out. Hopefully we will get an update from QA soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast