Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 403

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 3.0 offers absolutely no protection against big player ships griefing small player ships

  1. #61
    Amazing how people are completely unable to tell the difference between

    A) this specific incident happened, and I am whining about it happening
    B) this specific incident makes me question the existence/necessity of a general rule aimed at punishing incidents of this sort.

    Git gud/watch your surroundings people, you should probably git gud at reading.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by TheSynopticVision View Post (Source)
    Amazing how people are completely unable to tell the difference between

    A) this specific incident happened, and I am whining about it happening
    B) this specific incident makes me question the existence/necessity of a general rule aimed at punishing incidents of this sort.

    Git gud/watch your surroundings people, you should probably git gud at reading.
    There already is a general rule punishing incidents of this sort: ramming someone to death is a crime and nets you a bounty.

  3. This is the last staff post in this thread. #63
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

    For the record, ramming is something we're still looking at, along with combat logging. Regardless though, I would offer all Commanders this advice:

    * Always try to keep awareness of your sensor dislpay for hollow signatures, which represent other Commanders, and never ignore them.
    * Always switch to a flight pattern that allows you to at least see how other Commanders' ships are flying relative to you.
    * Immediately check power and power distribution management to ensure your vessel is combat/escape capable when other ships are present.
    * Always keep an eye on Comms chatter and info panel messages when other ships are present.
    * Treat proximity by any vessel as suspsicious.
    * Always have a hyperspace route plotted.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commander Susanna!



    Death by by ramming is clearly still the crime of murder. It simply does not get it's value inflated by Notoriety. The new crime system should not really be, in any way, more lenient, other than the ability to switch ships.
    While you are about can you comment on why our SLF pilots need to die?

    Here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-our-SLF-NPC-s

  5. #65
    Gotta +Rep you for that Sandro.....btw Love the update thanks guys!

  6. #66
    Originally Posted by Vandaahl View Post (Source)
    Oh come on. A big player ship shouldn't be able to even come close to a ship as fast as a Cobra.
    Ehh? a most likely stock un-engineered Cobra vs a VERY likely Engineered Clipper do you know how fast those things are??

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Paine View Post (Source)
    Ehh? a most likely stock un-engineered Cobra vs a VERY likely Engineered Clipper do you know how fast those things are??
    Look as I said earlier, it's not that hard to lateral-thrust out of the way of a charging ship. It's ridiculously hilarious when you do it too.

    Ole!

    Ole!

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Vandaahl View Post (Source)
    Oh come on. A big player ship shouldn't be able to even come close to a ship as fast as a Cobra.
    a clipper with dd5 is faster in normal flight than a boosting cobra ...

  9. #69
    While I feel OP's friend should of been a bit more aware and possibly moving, they do point out a loophole for murder-hobo's in fast ships (compared to their prey); just shoot till near death, finish off with ram for a reduced bounty and no notoriety increase so you avoid ATR.

  10. #70
    Come on, bro.... Ive got my own opinions about ED and the current update but this was 100% avoidable. Git gud can be applied but we're talking extreme basic levels of getting good. Like the difference between 10 and 30 minutes of total hours played.

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    a clipper with dd5 is faster in normal flight than a boosting cobra ...
    Doesn't matter how fast it is, once set on a fast collision course, the target ship merely has to jink up, down, left, or right by a few metres and that Clippers going to be hurtling past them with no way of correcting their trajectory in time to collide.

  12. #72
    Sounds like a made up scenario to support the OP's ideas. Even if the guy was flying without a rebuy (and who the hell does that? the first advice I give anyone getting into elite is never to fly without the rebuy) no one would stay around after they'd been rammed a couple of times. The dude is obviously hostile and in a larger ship. Why would you keep scanning the beacon?

    I simply don't believe that anyone would be dense enough to do that.

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

    For the record, ramming is something we're still looking at, along with combat logging. Regardless though, I would offer all Commanders this advice:

    * Always try to keep awareness of your sensor dislpay for hollow signatures, which represent other Commanders, and never ignore them.
    * Always switch to a flight pattern that allows you to at least see how other Commanders' ships are flying relative to you.
    * Immediately check power and power distribution management to ensure your vessel is combat/escape capable when other ships are present.
    * Always keep an eye on Comms chatter and info panel messages when other ships are present.
    * Treat proximity by any vessel as suspsicious.
    * Always have a hyperspace route plotted.
    These are awesome tips, some of them I didn't even thought about.

    While we are at 'tips', it would kick to have environmental messaging with such tips in game, don't ya think? Like giving NPCs something useful to say in chat

  14. #74
    Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    While I feel OP's friend should of been a bit more aware and possibly moving, they do point out a loophole for murder-hobo's in fast ships (compared to their prey); just shoot till near death, finish off with ram for a reduced bounty and no notoriety increase so you avoid ATR.
    That's a legit point actually.

  15. #75
    Originally Posted by Wolf Starslayer View Post (Source)
    While I feel OP's friend should of been a bit more aware and possibly moving, they do point out a loophole for murder-hobo's in fast ships (compared to their prey); just shoot till near death, finish off with ram for a reduced bounty and no notoriety increase so you avoid ATR.
    I think it is not entirely true, I think final blow with ramming doesn't work if you have already assaulted ship.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast