Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14171819

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Random Crashes when accessing galaxy map

Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post (Source)
    Just returned from visiting several nebulae. All the time I was outside the bubble, no opening galmap ctd. Jumped to Mwamen, opened galmap to plot, ctd is back.
    Maybe it is related to bring in the bubble?
    I certainly thought that might be the case last time I was out exploring.

Indeed it could be that not being in occupied space eliminates the crash (and if it is caused by trade data that would make sense), however, as in the post you quoted, I've had the crashes stop for a few days for no reason then start up again. All the time I'm in exactly the same area of occupied space, very close to Sol, so smack in the middle of the bubble.

Quick GMB related question

Does Fdev read the extra text we enter on the crash reporter?

Bill

I'm also suffering from galmap crashes.

My startup procedure for elite has now become the following:
    1) Load the game
    2) Load the galaxy map
    3) Wait for the inevitable crash
    4) Restart the game and usually things will work normally, unless I'm docked at a station. In that case the game seems to crash continuously when I access the galmap until I undock, leave the vicinity of the station and restart the game.

On a related note, I rarely encountered galmap crashes while I was exploring recently.

Confirmed, 4 months later and still crashing upon accessing gal map. Only at the first time accessing per session and have to be close to sol system. Guess I will take some more time off from the game and hopefully this is resolved in the next patch.

Originally Posted by Starberry View Post (Source)
    Confirmed, 4 months later and still crashing upon accessing gal map. Only at the first time accessing per session and have to be close to sol system. Guess I will take some more time off from the game and hopefully this is resolved in the next patch.
    Is ED installed on 'C' drive ?. also, is everything game related installed on 'C' drive ?.

One month just passed without crashes. Did not do anything.

Of course, now that I said this i know the game will resume crashing.

Seems like it only crashes in the vicinity of Sol. I've been out far; inside the bubble, but quite a ways from Sol and no crashes. I come back to TZ Aretis and it starts up again. First run after booting. Then on subsequent runs the Galaxy map is fine. Continuing to send crash reports each time it happens.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14171819