Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Engineering Guardian Modules

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

Engineering Guardian Modules

Hello Commanders,

*SPOILER - if you are yet to discover Guardian content, stop reading now.*

Guardian modules and weapons are one of the newest additions to Beyond – Chapter One. As you may know, this technology is being utilised by commanders throughout the galaxy and offers significant benefits to those who use it. However, because the Guardian tech is new and experimental, it shouldn’t possible to engineer it.

Unfortunately, we’ve discovered that one of the guardian modules, the Guardian Power Plant, has slipped the net and it is currently possible to engineer. As a result, we will be initiating a server-side command to prevent Commanders from accidentally engineering the module in question.

This temporary solution will not require server downtime, and we will have more information when a permanent fix is in place.

We’re sorry to those who have engineered the Guardian Power Plant and to ensure that there is no unfair advantage over other commanders, we will be replacing your engineered Guardian Power Plant with a non-engineered one. To compensate your time and any spent materials, we’ll be providing you with a bundle of high-end materials in the near future and will have more details to share soon.

Thanks for your understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks FD, I do agree with this... Including the removal of engineering on existing Guardian PPs.

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    Thanks FD, I do agree with this... Including the removal of engineering on existing Guardian PPs.
    Same, what I saw people posting this morning seemed too good to be true.

Originally Posted by xondk View Post (Source)
    Same, what I saw people posting this morning seemed too good to be true.
    Yup, seems very sensible.

Jesus, thank you. Would be a disaster if all the guardian internals were moddable.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

*SPOILER - if you are yet to discover Guardian content, stop reading now.*

Guardian modules and weapons are one of the newest additions to Beyond – Chapter One. As you may know, this technology is being utilised by commanders throughout the galaxy and offers significant benefits to those who use it. However, because the Guardian tech is new and experimental, it shouldn’t possible to engineer it.

Unfortunately, we’ve discovered that one of the guardian modules, the Guardian Power Plant, has slipped the net and it is currently possible to engineer. As a result, we will be initiating a server-side command to prevent Commanders from accidentally engineering the module in question.

This temporary solution will not require server downtime, and we will have more information when a permanent fix is in place.

We’re sorry to those who have engineered the Guardian Power Plant and to ensure that there is no unfair advantage over other commanders, we will be replacing your engineered Guardian Power Plant with a non-engineered one. To compensate your time and any spent materials, we’ll be providing you with a bundle of high-end materials in the near future and will have more details to share soon.

Thanks for your understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.
    when something like this can slip in accidentally, because the powerplants are just listed in the same category as normal ones.
    please tell me why its so hard to release blueprints for mining lasers??

More and more strange choices from FD. So why do you revamp engineers if new stuff can't use it. Way beyond my understanding.

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    More and more strange choices from FD. So why do you revamp engineers if new stuff can't use it. Way beyond my understanding.
    Because it would be severely over powered. The Guardian tech looked like it would already be at the level of an engineered equivalent. To engineer it even further would be very unbalanced.

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    This is a good decision. The guardian modules are strong comparing to unmodded modules, and if you could engineer them they'd be much stronger than current modded items and would create a large power creep and yet another remodding of entire ship builds. Not to mention it'd remove build restrictions and further dumb down ship outfitting.

Goodbye beautiful nuclear plant

https://imgur.com/a/ZDawb

*Also, the materials you guys give us better compensate with the rolls I had to do to get to G5

Can i ask you? Why should I then open the GPP, if it can not be engineered? Spending time on a module that does not give you the advantage? Really?

P.S.
    Sorry for Google Translate.

Originally Posted by Morrit View Post (Source)
    Can i ask you? Why should I then open the GPP, if it can not be engineered? Spending time on a module that does not give you the advantage? Really?

P.S.
    Sorry for Google Translate.
    The GPP is better than the stock PP, you have to weigh the guardian grind on one side and the engineer grind on the other side, which poison will you choose?

Originally Posted by Temporelus View Post (Source)
    The GPP is better than the stock PP, you have to weigh the guardian grind on one side and the engineer grind on the other side, which poison will you choose?
    Engineering PP better than stock GPP.

Ah, that's excellent to hear. I knew it being engineerable sounded completely bizarre, which is why I assumed people were being idiots when they started talking about being able to engineer these things. Apologies to anyone I might have offended, by the way.

I do still kind of like this thing, even if it is inferior to a G5 modded A-plant. Yeah, there's a bigger up-front cost, but after that you can just get a G4-equivalent plant whenever you like, instead of having to engineer a new one every time.

FD as always could spoil everything.

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast