Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2124252627 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 3.0.2

Originally Posted by MrJames1944 View Post (Source)
    1) At a drop zone on a planet, defended by skimmers and sentries, when the skimmers/sentries are targetted their status is not shown in the left hand UI. That is, I cannot tell whether they are friend or foe. If I destroy one then I get, either, a 200cr fine to pay or receive a 6000cr bounty.

2) After boarding the ship and preparing to take off an examination of the left hand UI reveals it is frozen. To correct this situation I need to log off and back on, then everything works fine.
    I've had both of these problems - interestingly, #1 (no skimmer "info") only started after 3.0 dropped (I figured it's a bug, but I've only been knocking down "wanted" skimmers here and there as I putz around on planets, so it hasn't affected me). It is a little odd that the skimmer faction & wanted status doesn't appear when they're targeted - I wonder if someone broke something while trying to fix the skimmer mission "exploit."

On the other hand, #2 (boarding ship from SRV = frozen left UI) has NOT happened to me since the release (it used to happen nearly every time). I thought it had been fixed - but obviously, some people are still encountering it.

I'm on Xbox, for the record.

Hi CMDRS, I'm wondering if anyone has had the following experience since 3.0.2 dropped. I've searched but found nothing.

1) At a drop zone on a planet, defended by skimmers and sentries, when the skimmers/sentries are targetted their status is not shown in the left hand UI. That is, I cannot tell whether they are friend or foe. If I destroy one then I get, either, a 200cr fine to pay or receive a 6000cr bounty.

2) After boarding the ship and preparing to take off an examination of the left hand UI reveals it is frozen. To correct this situation I need to log off and back on, then everything works fine.

Sorry if this is a repeat of another CMDRS post or that it has been dealt with elsewhere. I didn't wish to waste your time.

Fly safe.
    Started a thread on it some time ago.. >>> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ers-New-Colors <<<<

In addition to what is there,, I have now found out that while it is possible to jump in and get the legal salvage, there is a time limit of about 15 seconds inside the exclusion area, after which the skimmers will turn hostile.. Kind'a thinking this is something deliberate just to give us players some heartburn.

Originally Posted by D.D.Hariman View Post (Source)
    Started a thread on it some time ago.. >>> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ers-New-Colors <<<<

In addition to what is there,, I have now found out that while it is possible to jump in and get the legal salvage, there is a time limit of about 15 seconds inside the exclusion area, after which the skimmers will turn hostile.. Kind'a thinking this is something deliberate just to give us players some heartburn.
    This has been the case ever since I started doing planetary salvage missions.

I just select the canister I want and zip thru the exclusion zone at speed and out the other side.

Can get a little hairy if there are buildings, but *shrug

Don't stay in the exclusion zone and the skimmers don't shoot at you.

Originally Posted by UmbraRex View Post (Source)
    This has been the case ever since I started doing planetary salvage missions.

I just select the canister I want and zip thru the exclusion zone at speed and out the other side.

Can get a little hairy if there are buildings, but *shrug

Don't stay in the exclusion zone and the skimmers don't shoot at you.
    You don't want to hit one and destroy it as that will result in a fine.

Thanks CMDRs, it would appear this fault is known.

By the way I am playing in Solo on a PC console.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Curious as to why the “reset keybind” thing happens to some and not others.
    Never had this happen. Interesting.
    I worked out what was causing it for me. I use an X52 Hotas Custom config but I also use an XBox 360 controller for the SRV. If the XBox controller is not plugged in, none of the keybinds work correctly. Plug it in and 'hey presto!', everything works as I expect it to.

I never had this problem with the previous incarnations of the game btw.

Thanks CMDRs, it would appear this fault is known.

By the way I am playing in Solo on a PC console.

Cheers.
    Oh,, If you do accidentally kill one,, all the stuff you collect from that exclusion zone will become stolen.

a PC console
    Eh?

Originally Posted by Livyathan View Post (Source)
    I worked out what was causing it for me. I use an X52 Hotas Custom config but I also use an XBox 360 controller for the SRV. If the XBox controller is not plugged in, none of the keybinds work correctly. Plug it in and 'hey presto!', everything works as I expect it to.

I never had this problem with the previous incarnations of the game btw.
    Figured mine out. At some point I had renamed my binding file, probably when I set up the SRV controls, but I didn't change the fist line in the bindings file. So, after the update, RDH gave me back the pre-srv binding.

"Fixed some instances of Inbox text overlay" Unfortunatly...still there !

Originally Posted by The_Mooker View Post (Source)
    "Fixed some instances of Inbox text overlay" Unfortunatly...still there !
    Can you grab some screenshots & post them here? You'll need to upload them somewhere (imgur is good) and link to them.

Originally Posted by D.D.Hariman View Post (Source)
    Humnn,, Since I only use the stick throttle with the SRV, that may be the problem..

I use only keyboard and Voice Attack macros for my ship. I will test the throttle next time I am in space. Currently planet side stocking up on mats on a 33.3% planet (almost have As running out my ears) and tweaking my color scheme.

If the throttle works in hyperspace, then the keyboard controls should work as well. Looks like a bug to me.
    Ok, I can confirm that setting a speed using the throttle before going into supercruise does result in the speed setting being maintained. Don't know what happens going into hyperspace but I think this is a bug and plan to report it.
    Throttle setting by either the throttle control on a joystick or the keyboard should be maintained when entering both supercruise and hyperspace.

Just one big failure

I been away for 4 weeks and just started playing again 2 days a go, so far I found this update a complete failure in every way

Originally Posted by Fargail View Post (Source)
    I been away for 4 weeks and just started playing again 2 days a go, so far I found this update a complete failure in every way
    Planned to check it out on my own but it doesn't seem very promising :/

Originally Posted by Fargail View Post (Source)
    Well on the bright side 3.0.3 is just around the corner, maybe it will address your particular, unspecified gripes

There is a thread in the news section that contains some planned update info (for 3.0.3)

Originally Posted by sp0q View Post (Source)
    Planned to check it out on my own but it doesn't seem very promising :/
    What were you hoping for, specifically?

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2124252627 LastLast