Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt - Competition!

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #46
    Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    I was beaten to asking this myself it seems, but I'm still curious as to what "light editing" is? How much colour alteration is acceptable? I personally never edit any of my screenshots, because otherwise it's not a true reflection of the game and there's enough beautiful and amazing sights in this game as it is.

Ideally you should only enhance the original image, not overly manipulate or fake the image. So saturation, hue, DOF, white balancing, contrast etc are all acceptable. Basically, we'll judge each on a case by case basis

Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    Week 1 - can't enter, I'm in Colonia.
    Try Multi-Crew, it is perfect way how to make some really nice screenshots (you not need to be owner of this ship to participate).

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion

Deleting my submission was pretty lame Paige

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Week 4 - DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUH. Who knows!

Ideally you should only enhance the original image, not overly manipulate or fake the image. So saturation, hue, DOF, white balancing, contrast etc are all acceptable. Basically, we'll judge each on a case by case basis
    Lovely stuff, cheers.

Initially we decided to run this competition purely on social media to allow easy sharing of screenshots and to ensure we can track all the entries properly. However, seeing as everyone commenting would like to participate via the forums, you can now enter the competition here!

Light editing is acceptable (levelling, use of blur or sharpen tools, colour alteration) however excessive manipulation will be disqualified. Thanks for asking!

Indeed!
    Yeah!! Thanks, Paige.

Initially we decided to run this competition purely on social media to allow easy sharing of screenshots and to ensure we can track all the entries properly. However, seeing as everyone commenting would like to participate via the forums, you can now enter the competition here!
    An excellent decision

Wouldn't mind a new HOTAS, that's for sure Oh well, time to get into screen shooting

Originally Posted by MrLeighV View Post (Source)
    Heres my entry (Unedited standard PS4)

Misty Morning

https://i.imgur.com/pGxGBeD.jpg
    You should post it in the correct thread:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...n-Entry-Thread!

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    You should post it in the correct thread:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...n-Entry-Thread!
    Oh Poo! To many windows open at once, lol.

Thanks.

So why the heck would you give the game as a prize when obviously you already need the game to enter said competition? Why not offer a paint job or some other useless thing?

Originally Posted by itmo View Post (Source)
    So why the heck would you give the game as a prize when obviously you already need the game to enter said competition? Why not offer a paint job or some other useless thing?
    Each week, a post on Twitter, Facebook and these forums will be randomly selected to win one of our money-can’t-buy Community Prize Paint Packs AND... our favourite post from either Facebook, Twitter or these forums will win a grand prize!

Grand Prizes are:

Weeks 1, 2, and 3 - HOTAS on PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 (you choose the platform!)
    Week 4 - Elite Dangerous goodie bag including - Hyper X Fury Pro Gaming Mouse Pad, signed poster and a physical copy of the game!
    Maybe you need glasses?

Not everyone owns a physical copy BTW and you could always give it to your friends or use it as second account.

Now that i can submit via the forum... count me in.

Paige-ently waiting for the Planetary Improvements competition thread.........

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast