Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Important Newsletter Information

Originally Posted by Weps View Post (Source)
    So if I decide to not sign up using that page, will that automatically unsubscribe me at some point in the future?
    I see they can't be bothered to make that clear....

They've still not sorted out the issue of the certificate.

V2k.

Originally Posted by Valen Zendaris View Post (Source)
    Signed up. Perhaps I'll buy an Anaconda later this year.
    And a kit in the store ?

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    And a kit in the store ?

Already bought the kit, plus golden paintjob for my previous cmdr. Since clearing that save last month I went straight for the corvette instead. Enjoying it more than I had the anaconda (even for exploring, lol).

Already bought the kit, plus golden paintjob for my previous cmdr. Since clearing that save last month I went straight for the corvette instead. Enjoying it more than I had the anaconda (even for exploring, lol).
    Ah ok ! Good

Originally Posted by Just Call Me Dave View Post (Source)
    Not to sound ungrateful for free stuff but 'Sign up now for a paint-job in 6-9 months'?
    Something something gift horse blah blah don't look one in the mouth yada yada yada

So if I decide to not sign up using that page, will that automatically unsubscribe me at some point in the future?
    Is it really that hard to understand this sentence? =>
    "You might have received a new email from us recently explaining that we'll need you to re-register your email with us if you want to continue to receive emails from Frontier Developments."

I thought it was pretty clear from that sentence what will happen if you don't re-register your e-mail!

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    I wasn't aware you could have more than one account on the same addy, but I guess the Xbox live ID counts as the unique identifier on one of them.
    I know Positively you can have more than one account going to the same address But it really depends on your Email provider.
    An example of this Is with Gmail.
    Account#1= Account@gmail.com
    Account#2= A.ccount@gmail.com
    Both of these accounts will send an email to Account@gmail.com

This can also be used to rat out which websites are giving your email to spam bots. As google ignores any dots in your.name before the @gmail

resubbed just in case. this news letter lets me know where to hunt.

Originally Posted by Crazy Joe View Post (Source)
    I thought it was pretty clear from that sentence what will happen if you don't re-register your e-mail!
    No, it's not... pretty clear. What does "continue to receive e-mails" exactly mean?

Will I be unsubscribed only from promotional e-mails, like FDEV trying to sell me some Type-10 spoiler over the spoiler, or also from the newsletters related to a certain game?

I still have an account with FDEV, which is registered, you guessed it, under my e-mail address, and I'd like to believe that this account will still remain active. Will I still receive e-mail notifications, if I ever decide to give this wonderful company more money, about the product I just bought? What about account password resets, those work via e-mail too?

And when exactly is this automatic unsubscription supposed to happen? No mention of a date in the OP. And I have still received the newsletters so far.

No, it's not... pretty clear. What does "continue to receive e-mails" exactly mean?

Will I be unsubscribed only from promotional e-mails, like FDEV trying to sell me some Type-10 spoiler over the spoiler, or also from the newsletters related to a certain game?

I still have an account with FDEV, which is registered, you guessed it, under my e-mail address, and I'd like to believe that this account will still remain active. Will I still receive e-mail notifications, if I ever decide to give this wonderful company more money, about the product I just bought? What about account password resets, those work via e-mail too?

And when exactly is this automatic unsubscription supposed to happen? No mention of a date in the OP. And I have still received the newsletters so far.
    I e-mailed Will about this & it's just to carry on as before, if you don't agree they will no longer e-mail you anything from the auto-mailer.

In my case I was happy to continue to receive newsletters but not promotional material. The newsletter is promotional material though, so I just re-subscribed & if it becomes a problem will unsubscribe then.

I've had this same basic request from several companies, including Google & Microsoft. It's a legal formality (for them) and you are not committing to anything extra.

I would still welcome if the form was on and submitted over an HTTPS connection… it's just a mail address, but there's such a thing as principles.

Wait. After clearing your save you accessed and outfitted the Corvette within a month?... I must be doing something wrong. How do you rank/credit grind that quickly?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910