Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Community Feedback and 3.0.3 Update

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #241
    Hi everyone,

As you might have guessed, update 3.0.3 will occur sometime next week and we’ll confirm with you the date and time in the near future.

Aside from the list we mentioned here, we have information about some of the issues reported in this thread:

• Material package for the affected players of the Guardian Power Plant issue.

Material packages have been sent out to affected players. If you haven’t received yours, please contact our Customer Support team here.

• Material drops at settlements provide only one item instead of three.

Please see here.

• Broken turrets on the Anaconda.

Edit: This should have been resolved in 3.0.3.

• Transmitter relating to the Eagle Eye Mystery located in Huveang De doesn't appear to transmit its full message, just repeats the first part before mentioning the next system location.

This is not a bug, and was intended.

• Powerplay bounties cause a ship to become permanently 'hot' and subject to 'hotness' penalties for ship transfer.

This is something we’re currently investigating and if you have reports about this please ensure they’re reported in the bug report section.

• Ram Tah mission disappearing
    • Decimals in the System Map. Should be a minor reversion to how it was in 2.4 and any time prior in the game before 3.0 Beta, and 3.0 live.

These should now be fixed in 3.0.3.

• Materials should automatically add themselves to the ignore list once they're maxed out, and un-ignore once you've gone below the maximum.

For 3.0.3 materials that you have maxed out should become auto-ignored.

We will continue to investigate the rest of the issues reported in this thread and we encourage players to make bug reports here if they continue to encounter anything else.

A full list of changes will be posted on the day of the update; however, we will also be making some revisions to crime functionality. We’ve provided some details by Lead Designer, Sandro Sammarco, below:

For 3.0.3 we’re altering crime functionality: when you are wanted in a jurisdiction, your ship automatically deactivates the system authority link to prevent crimes gainst you from being detected. This is in line with it using anonymous access protocols to protect you from detection when docking at ports where you are wanted. It means that players will no longer be committing crimes when attacking wanted ships, even if they have not scanned them. It is still important to scan vessels that you are unsure about, but you will no longer become a criminal for attacking a criminal.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Will

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    sometimes i just wonder if people say stuff to argue for the sake of it

https://i.imgur.com/NiSwKgk.png
    Thanks a Million Kenneth!

I totally agree!

Anyone who wants to see this level of clueless idiocy on full display need not look any further than the T-10 Landing Bug debate thread of a few months ago. To most of us, the frustrating landing problems with the T-10 and briefly with the Chieftain was obviously a bug. (Since none of the other ships suffered from the inability to land on Billiard Ball smooth planet surfaces)

But that didn't stop the usual suspects from reporting that they were having no problems landing and that the rest of us needed to "Git Gud". Funny how these folks always manage to slink away and climb back under their rocks when Frontier predictably confirms the bug.

Yet, the next time something similar surfaces, it is not surprising that many of those same names can be found once again, denying the obvious, apologizing for the behavior with convoluted explanations about module choices blah blah blah, or simply blaming the reporting players for "Doing it Wrong".

When someone is wrong about the existence of an obvious bug 100% of the time, eventually most of us make a note of the username. I like to refer to them as charter members of the "Credibility = 0" club. AKA "The Bug Blind Boys"

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    • Ram Tah mission disappearing.

• These should now be fixed in 3.0.3.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Will
    Question for you Will.

Can support restore all my lost progress when my Ram Tah mission deletes itself for a second time? I thought the update would be out today, so I started everything again from scratch. But depending when the 3.03 update actually comes out, I may loose everything again.

I am in no mood to do this all over again from scratch for a third time.

Thanks in advance.

For 3.0.3 we’re altering crime functionality: when you are wanted in a jurisdiction, your ship automatically deactivates the system authority link to prevent your crimes from being detected. This is in line with it using anonymous access protocols to protect you from detection when docking at ports where you are wanted. It means that players will no longer be committing crimes when attacking wanted ships, even if they have not scanned them. It is still important to scan vessels that you are unsure about, but you will no longer become a criminal for attacking a criminal.

Does that mean the police will no longer turn up if you're getting attacked by pirates and you're wanted? Actually, this might be useful.

I presume attacking a non-criminal will still cause police to turn up as it is the other ship sending the signal?

Material drops at settlements provide only one item instead of three.

This is intended.
    Curious about the thought process here. Is grinding settlements for mats not taking players long enough for the devs? They feel we should be doing that activity 3 times longer than we are now?

Originally Posted by Felix Lighter View Post (Source)
    Curious about the thought process here. Is grinding settlements for mats not taking players long enough for the devs? They feel we should be doing that activity 3 times longer than we are now?
    What exactly does this mean? Is this referring to the scanning of Comm Beacons and the like? I've never considered settlements to be a viable source of material drops in the first place. Aside from the handful you pickup in the process of doing a surface based mission.

Material drops at settlements provide only one item instead of three.

This is intended.
    Lol. For the grind !

For 3.0.3 we’re altering crime functionality: when you are wanted in a jurisdiction, your ship automatically deactivates the system authority link to prevent your crimes from being detected.
    Pertinent question: does this apply to AI ships?

For 3.0.3 we’re altering crime functionality: when you are wanted in a jurisdiction, your ship automatically deactivates the system authority link to prevent your crimes from being detected. This is in line with it using anonymous access protocols to protect you from detection when docking at ports where you are wanted. It means that players will no longer be committing crimes when attacking wanted ships, even if they have not scanned them. It is still important to scan vessels that you are unsure about, but you will no longer become a criminal for attacking a criminal.
    Wow, that sounds like a really good compromise! I think that's going to be good for everyone.

The Crime change is a welcome addition and a step in the right direction!

Can you please address the laughably low Accidental Discharge threshold? Or make it so the first few accidental plinks against a cop or other idiot NPC that jumps in front of my FAS’s beam laser while I’m fighting a notorious wanted criminal, triggers an escalating punishment of fines and only triggers bounties after a certain threshold has been passed rather than insta-bounties? Sort of like how you how for pad loitering, you first get warned, then fined and only after it’s obvious you’re not moving, does the station vaporize you.

Something like that would be a huge QOL benefit to RES Bounty Hunters.

• Material drops at settlements provide only one item instead of three.

This is intended.

ARE YOU SERIOUS ???

Elite is already one of the most farming that ever exist and since the 3.0, you don't stop make more farm by nerfing almost everything....
    BE SERIOUS
    I want to play Elite because i want to pilot a space ship, NOT TO FARM LIKE A PIG FOR 10 HOURS TO ENGINEER ONE MODULE.

For the end game, we need a lot of money and what do you do ?
    You nerf the money mission...

Finding some materials is already hard and when we got something to get them easily, you nerf it too.....

PLAY YOUR GAME BEFORE DOING SUCH THING

Originally Posted by Felix Lighter View Post (Source)
    It's already intensely sad seeing new players asking where to find mats told to just mode-flip at Dav's Hope for a few hours and trade - they need to fix it entirely so these mats only drop once per player.

You're still getting easy-cheat-gravy mode. Pitiful state of affairs

Originally Posted by jurema543 View Post (Source)
    PLAY YOUR GAME BEFORE DOING SUCH THING

Game is immensely playable without G5'ing everything straight away.

I want to play Elite because i want to pilot a space ship, NOT TO FARM LIKE A PIG FOR 10 HOURS TO ENGINEER ONE MODULE.
    I have no idea how pigs farm, but if it's taking you 10 hours to engineer one module, you must be doing pretty much everything wrong. Maybe don't use pigs as your inspiration for farming?

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    Game is immensely playable without G5'ing everything straight away.
    I'm won't fight thargoid without the G5 armor.

I my AX conda is not my only ship.

Corvette, Cutter, another anaconda, chieftain, t-10, Dolphin, Cobra, T-9 and others....

If i must farm 50h for each ship, i'm going to leave the game.

I'm won't fight thargoid without the G5 armor.

I my AX conda is not my only ship.

Corvette, Cutter, another anaconda, chieftain, t-10, Dolphin, Cobra, T-9 and others....

If i must farm 50h for each ship, i'm going to leave the game.
    I hope you are aware that people who use legitimate means to earn credits can easily take over 50 hours to buy one of those, so my regrets for you leaving will be limited.