Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23262728293033 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Community Feedback and 3.0.3 Update

Originally Posted by sovapid View Post (Source)
    Too bad you didn't do your due diligence and research the game before your purchase.
    Oh come on. Have some self respect - saying that after your whinge about Solo existing is so poor I'm embarrassed for you.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    Do you have any evidence or proof about that ?

K e K
    For what? That quitting the game then loading again to farm mats isn't an intended mechanic? lol.

Originally Posted by jurema543 View Post (Source)

If i must farm 50h for each ship, i'm going to leave the game.
    You are actually believing all that fictional drivel posted by the terminally clueless? If it takes you more than 90 minutes to farm the materials you still don't have for upgrading one ship in 3.0 you are doing something wrong.

If you are actually playing the game, and paying attention to your inventories, you will likely already have the bulk of what you need without even looking for it. Just collect everything you come across during normal gameplay and you will soon have all your bases covered.

The problem with listening to all the Doom and Gloom merchants is that you are assuming they actually know what they are talking about. That they actually know how to use the new system.

Most of them don't. Their amusing complaints make that abundantly clear to those of us who do. Instead of actually taking the time to learn the new system, they are far too busy posting misinformation on the forums about how much of a grind the new system is.

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    For what? That quitting the game then loading again to farm mats isn't an intended mechanic? lol.
    I see you can't even understand your own senseless post.

Originally Posted by PeLucheuh View Post (Source)
    I see you can't even understand your own senseless post.
    My post made perfect sense. Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted proof of, you weren't specific. If you can explain I will attempt to answer

Originally Posted by ubit View Post (Source)
    3nd: Like 2nd, but store the date of the last visit locally on the players computer. Encrypted of course *g* Should work nearly exactly like 2nd except that a player can change the computer to force respawn. But who is using more than one computer (or console) for the game? Some may have two or three. But they each computer/box is "dead" after one attempt to collect the items.
    a) I play from two different computers.

and

b) storing ANY data on the players computer subjects that data to local manipulation, even when encrypted.

Originally Posted by jurema543 View Post (Source)
    If i must farm 50h for each ship, i'm going to leave the game.

Originally Posted by GG7 View Post (Source)
    You are actually believing all that fictional drivel posted by the terminally clueless? If it takes you more than 90 minutes to farm the materials for upgrading one ship in 3.0 you are doing something wrong.

If you are actually playing the game, you will likely have the bulk of what you need without even looking for it. Just collect everything you come across and you will soon have all your bases covered.

The problem with listening to all the Doom and Gloom merchants is that you are assuming they actually know how to use the new system. Most of them don't. They are far too busy posting misinformation on the forums to have actually done anything productive in the game.
    Not quite 50h a ship but at least 10h in game 24h or more if you want max G5+ specials on all modules. Also pray to the lord Holy RNJeebus you don't need firmware from the recently nerfed planetary bases that was somewhat easy to get with a 5-6 system loop. Because Every G5 has the potential to take from as little as 4 to much as 16 rolls(worst one average of about 6-8 in my experience.) to max. ......

Sandro-"We don't want to waste your time" I call BulltihS.

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    I've been to a talk by a Microsoft Research fellow who was talking about what happens to those reports Windows automatically sends. "We have billions and billions of reports." I think there is a line somewhere
    Yes but over in the States you get taxed on inventory so I suspect they have them on auto delete once they get to be older than three months.

[QUOTE=Will Flanagan;6526472]Hi all,

Regarding the material drops (in settlements/planetary bases) down from three to one: after discussing your feedback with the team, this is something were currently investigating. I should have more news to share in the near-future regarding this point.

Great, this is at least comforting. I don't for Dav's hope as I've never used it, but I do use the other settlements to collect data - which you have to wait an entire week before you can farm again, that's actually balanced and not to mention I find it enjoyable having to jump system to system and landing on different planets.

Originally Posted by Morphenox View Post (Source)
    Not quite 50h a ship but at least 10h in game 24h or more if you want max G5+ specials on all modules. Also pray to the lord Holy RNJeebus you don't need firmware from the recently nerfed planetary bases that was somewhat easy to get with a 5-6 system loop. Because Every G5 has the potential to take from as little as 4 to much as 16 rolls(worst one average of about 6-8 in my experience.) to max. ......

Sandro-"We don't want to waste your time" I call BulltihS.
    Sucks to be you I guess. I re-engineered my entire 10 ship fleet over a couple of days. It was painless and fun. I did spend the last two weeks of 2.4 collecting G5 and G4 mats and data exclusively, but that isn't a requirement. It only meant that I could breeze through all my upgrades without running out of anything I needed to keep going.

But these highly exaggerated material gathering times are pure fiction. Anyone who has actually done the work and completed the process using the new 3.0 system knows that.

Fortunately, the more players who actually engage with the new system and discover how much fasters and easier it is to work with than the previous system, the more irrelevant and pointless the doom and gloom misinformation threads will be.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Slow clap for the childish behaviour.

I also have a Dolphin and don't have these issues. Hence the reason why I am asking. Is there a specific use case that could be causing this bug.

It's called trying to help.
    i would say we have a differing opinion on what "trying to help" means if indeed you think you were.

there's a years worth of work and bug reporting in the thread i linked which will answer all the questions you might have on it,

it wouldn't be a bug if it were specific use related.

if you took time to read that thread and posted a constructive response rather than "might be working as intended" from the outset, that would have been helpful, ask a silly question expect a silly answer.

Originally Posted by GG7 View Post (Source)
    Sucks to be you I guess. I re-engineered my entire 10 ship fleet over a couple of days. It was painless and fun. I did spend the last two weeks of 2.4 collecting G5 and G4 mats and data exclusively, but that isn't a requirement. It only meant that I could breeze through all my upgrades without running out of anything I needed to keep going.

But these highly exaggerated material gathering times are pure fiction. Anyone who has actually done the work and completed the process using the new 3.0 system knows that.

Fortunately, the more players who actually engage with the new system and discover how much fasters and easier it is to work with than the previous system, the more irrelevant and pointless the doom and gloom misinformation threads will be.
    If you start from scratch and/or degraded engineer rep I have seen firsthand maxing that first G5 roll for an engineer can really be painful. 2 Huge OC Os multi's cost me 21 MEF from Todd "The B*****d" McQuinn. luckily I never have to see him ever again or at least a long fracking time. Because I shipped all my multi's and converted them to the new system added the specials I wanted pinned the main blueprint I use for MC's finished the ones that were not that print and can use workshops all over the galaxy to cover the unfinished modules after I ran out of mats.

FD, please dont forget the research limpet controllers. After the bug was acknowledge by you guys almost 4 months ago, during the Cavalieri CG, ending the CG prematurely, the bug is still around. Four months later, a new content from 3.0 was released needing the same bugged mechanic to make progression (Ram Tah's mission).

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    I've been to a talk by a Microsoft Research fellow who was talking about what happens to those reports Windows automatically sends. "We have billions and billions of reports." I think there is a line somewhere
    They can still be useful, it just means you use software to try and spot patterns/trends and highlight those things for human attention. Of course FDev's bug report process doesn't lend itself to that, but the crash reporter uploads might.

Originally Posted by ecob81 View Post (Source)
    I thought I heard or read somewhere that they were actively working on a solution to the re-logging issue. It certainly needs addressing I agree but they really need to address some of the choke points for material collection and credit earning first.

I really dislike playing the re-logging game but when there is such a huge grind wall consisting of boring repetitive activities (USS hunting for example) it's kind of a necessary evil. I'd rather not sit in supercruise for hours on end wasting my life away when I could be doing something else that's fun.
    I agree. Its got to the point where it seems like design decisions are made to work with relogging. Take the Guardian sites for example. Do we really believe that were expected to get the 22 some scans from the terminals any other way? Are there even 22 out there that give the weapon blueprint data?

15. This is the last staff post in this thread. #420
    Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this issue. We’ve investigated and found an error at our end in regard to amounts received from data scans at settlements.

To clear up any confusion we’ve caused here are the details:

Players should normally receive 3 units of both materials and scan data universally (with the exception of the Guardian blueprint scan data, which is only 1).

Based on investigating your reports, we have discovered that settlement scan data is currently being received in units of 1... which is incorrect and not intended. As mentioned above players should be receiving 3.

We are looking into a fix for this issue and we’ll update you when we have more information to share.

If you encounter any issues where you do not receive the intended amounts of materials (outside of the known settlement scan data issue) please be sure to report it in the bug report section here.

We also have no intentions of reducing the number of materials received. I have updated my previous post with this information.

Apologies for the confusion caused and thank you for your feedback and patience.

Will

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23262728293033 ... LastLast