Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A way to "Sign" Suggestion threads to show support

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    Yea, so if you see a good idea, make sure and drop in with a "Neat" reply at least. Or go with Brett's favorite, gif/image responses with no other content.

http://pa1.narvii.com/6250/49dfa6a8c...e0e2bd6_00.gif
    +1 with some ...'s, since ya gotta make the min cha count

Originally Posted by V'larr View Post (Source)
    Essentially, when browsing the forum for feedback, can you see at a glance how much rep has been added to the original post to gauge how much support the idea has within the community?

If not, then I would like a means of showing support, akin to signing a petition, in suggestion threads (whether they exist in DD or the Suggestions threads, ideally speaking). It feels like much of the time, people agree without saying anything by hitting the Rep button instead, and I'm concerned that means many things are flying under Fdev radar.
    I agree: it is about time the 'poll' option came back. Multiple page threads, even in suggestions; are not really a measure of support for the original idea or concept. The same people can be just repeating themselves for a start. Where as a poll, is black and white; for or against, if worded right in the first place.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Developers don't see what posts in suggestions forum has gained the most rep. A reply to a thread is the best approach to supporting an idea.
    That is a HUGE flaw, dude! Many of my threads, for example, have easily had many times more positive "Reputation" feedback than reply posts. How, then, am I supposed to translate this to developers looking for ideas generating the most positive community reaction? Should I just post in my own threads every time I get rep on the OP?

And let's not forget that these threads, often due directly to people repping rather than replying, fall dormant and then get *locked*, preventing bumping and replying and actively keeping it in the developer's attention.

So what I'm seeing here is either A. keep things like they are and promote thread 'bumping', the bane of all threads everywhere since ever, or B. give us the tools to show support in ways that don't require reply posts.

Personally, making it so developers can see what posts get the most rep would be the most straightforward thing, and would offer a lot of retroactive perspective, but the other ideas here about a "Sign" button or re-adding polls would suffice as well.

Originally Posted by V'larr View Post (Source)
    That is a HUGE flaw, dude! Many of my threads, for example, have easily had many times more positive "Reputation" feedback than reply posts. How, then, am I supposed to translate this to developers looking for ideas generating the most positive community reaction? Should I just post in my own threads every time I get rep on the OP?

And let's not forget that these threads, often due directly to people repping rather than replying, fall dormant and then get *locked*, preventing bumping and replying and actively keeping it in the developer's attention.

So what I'm seeing here is either A. keep things like they are and promote thread 'bumping', the bane of all threads everywhere since ever, or B. give us the tools to show support in ways that don't require reply posts.

Personally, making it so developers can see what posts get the most rep would be the most straightforward thing, and would offer a lot of retroactive perspective, but the other ideas here about a "Sign" button or re-adding polls would suffice as well.
    The problem with the rep is - it's a poll
    And what's worse, it's a biased and one-sided poll, because you can't see how many people DIDN'T give you rep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12