Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: ECM 2018 - 14th April (2018)

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1

ECM 2018 - 14th April (2018)

A player-organised community event for the Elite Dangerous players and fans, come and meet like-minded people.

When? 14th of April 2018
    Where? Hilton St Anne’s Manor Hotel, London Road, Wokingham, RG40 1ST, United Kingdom

Event tickets can be purchased on the tickets page.

Essentials
    • In the main hall, we will have Oculus Rift and Vive virtual reality experiences for you to try out. There will also be a number of commanders own gaming stations with Elite Dangerous and other games for you to play.
    • To help commanders break the ice there will be many other social games to try. These will include modern card and board games for you to enjoy. Or if you wish you can just sit and chat with other commanders over lunch or a beer.
    • We also have our Artemis Starship Bridge simulator for teams to enter and try and achieve the highest score against our very own Commander Zaphodbeeble.
    • You are also encouraged to bring your own PC kit should you want to demo hardware or games. Also if you have a board/card game you’d love to play please do bring them along.
    • Frontier will also be making an appearance in the form of Ed, Will and Paige

Check out all the details of the event here.

Nice, just down the road from me and thankfully a couple of days after I get back from holiday.

I'm in SW London so it's a short drive for me. Seriously considering it if I can get a dog-sitter. (I assume the Hotel isn't dog-friendly: Hiltons usually aren't)

We are raising money for SpecialEffect and hearing dogs and there will be at least one hearing dog there, but Alvin's an assistance dog so he's "on duty" for the day. Might be worth checking with the hotel regarding other dogs - they certainly have large grounds there. The event itself will be packed with people and kit though.

Only 17 tickets left from our original plans - once they're gone, we MIGHT increase the limit a little, but we want to ensure the room isn't too packed and that people can get on and try all the things that they want/have a space at a gaming table.

I did look at the hotel's website and as expected it's assistance dogs only, no pets. No matter, Jasmine will be happier staying with my friends anyway.

Aaand booked. A shame that all the VR slots are already full but hopefully I might be able to cadge just a minute to assess whether I'm prone to the VR nausea.

I can bring Exploding Kittens, Cards Against Humanity and Tak for light relief.

For testing VR? Already taken? News to me.....

We are full on people bringing their own computers (for now) but may open it up to a few more once we finalise the room layout.

Ps a fellow Tak player here.... looking forward to a game.

Yeah the booking form said all VR slots were taken.

Originally Posted by Vingtetun View Post (Source)
    Ps a fellow Tak player here.... looking forward to a game.
    Likewise! I'm quite green, but a quick study. Currently working through Bill Leighton's book and working my way up the FriendlyBot levels. I can reliably beat FriendlyBot level 3, time to move up.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Yeah the booking form said all VR slots were taken.

Likewise! I'm quite green, but a quick study. Currently working through Bill Leighton's book and working my way up the FriendlyBot levels. I can reliably beat FriendlyBot level 3, time to move up.
    We mean slots for bringing your own gear!

Only familiar with the board game here - play against my son who is turning into quite the Tak-master. Is quite a lesson when your 9 year old son schools you in "being sneaky on a game when you're not quite paying attention"

The HCS sponsorship is problematic given what they were caught doing today.

Update:

We've been sponsored by Noblechairs who are sending a whole HEAP of them over to the event for people to try out PLUS one going in to the raffle as our big ticket prize! Our thanks to them. T minus 10 days - only THREE tickets left.

working

would have been nice to say hello to Ed, Will and Paige
    maybe next time.