Thread: New Cmdr needs help

New Cmdr needs help

So I scanned my first listening post today and it tells me to go to hip 106288 planet 3 , now as far as I'm aware it's for a medical research facility , but the problem I'm having is when I get there there is nothing there but the star 3 different belt clusters and a mining station but no planets , am missing something , like do I need a better scanner as i am still in the sidewinder with the basic scanner, I'm on Xbox and if anyone out there can help I would b very grateful

you can get a better scanner or scan the navigation beacon at the star for system data, some objects wont show up until you are whithn a 1000 light seconds distance
    weird that eddb don't show no med facility you sure you got the right system number see here https://eddb.io/system/6151

Originally Posted by Spec7re84 View Post (Source)
    So I scanned my first listening post today and it tells me to go to hip 106288 planet 3 , now as far as I'm aware it's for a medical research facility , but the problem I'm having is when I get there there is nothing there but the star 3 different belt clusters and a mining station but no planets , am missing something , like do I need a better scanner as i am still in the sidewinder with the basic scanner, I'm on Xbox and if anyone out there can help I would b very grateful
    Scan the nav beacon at the main star (if in a populated system)
    Honk the system with the Advanced Discovery Scanner
    Buy the data from the galaxy map (if available).

So I just traveled back to trevithick dock again scanning every system I stop at and made like 900,000 cc so I am going to buy that scanner and go back and scan it again , I will let u guys know what happens, oh and thnx for the info it's much appreciated

Originally Posted by STRONTIUM DOG View Post (Source)
    you can get a better scanner or scan the navigation beacon at the star for system data, some objects wont show up until you are whithn a 1000 light seconds distance
    weird that eddb don't show no med facility you sure you got the right system number see here https://eddb.io/system/6151
    I definitely have the right system , if I don't then y would the listening post give me a clue to go look there , the listening post location is HIP 105408 and it gives me a broken message and the last part says gas giant.....3.....HI....P......106288
    And when I checked online it's for the Janus medical research facility
    Go check it out