Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor Factions and Station Control

Minor Factions and Station Control

How can I force an NPC faction to give up a station to a faction I am supporting? Do I still just need to do enough missions for the faction I am supporting at the mission I am trying to turn for their influence to be higher than the controlling NPC faction? Or is there more to it?

Originally Posted by chay'yim ben david View Post (Source)
    How can I force an NPC faction to give up a station to a faction I am supporting? Do I still just need to do enough missions for the faction I am supporting at the mission I am trying to turn for their influence to be higher than the controlling NPC faction? Or is there more to it?
    You're probably better asking this in the BGS section of the forum, but if you want to capture a station you will need to equalise the influence between the 2 factions, the owner & yours, then win the conflict state that erupts whether that be an Election, Civil War or War.

In short, you need to trigger a war to take over an asset in the system. If your opponent is not in charge, equalise influence (or to within 3% of the controlling party, i.e. enemy faction x is 30% influence, you must be 30% to 33%). If they are, you can equalise or push your faction to 60% to trigger an auto war with them.

The more stations in system the more wars you have to fight to take them all.

This is a massive simplification though, as many things can go on and its a complex topic (you can win via elections as well).

Thank you both first off.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    (you can win via elections as well).
    I am not sure that will work. I am working with a Democracy so they will have an election, but the enemy faction is an Imperial Dictatorship so I think they only have elections against other Imperial Dictators.

One last question, will preventing local Factions who are pledged to a Power Play from controlling the stations in a system prevent the system from being controlled in Power Play? Or will I need to prevent the Power Play Faction from moving in by supporting another Power Play faction?

Thank you both first off.

I am not sure that will work. I am working with a Democracy so they will have an election, but the enemy faction is an Imperial Dictatorship so I think they only have elections against other Imperial Dictators.

One last question, will preventing local Factions who are pledged to a Power Play from controlling the stations in a system prevent the system from being controlled in Power Play? Or will I need to prevent the Power Play Faction from moving in by supporting another Power Play faction?
    True about elections. Wars are the prime way to win.

Systems cannot resist Powerplay once they fall within a 'bubble'.

To stop your system from becoming 'exploited' or a control system (a system in the centre of a bubble of exploited systems) you have to oppose that expansion, and to do that you have to be pledged to a hostile power.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    True about elections. Wars are the prime way to win.

Systems cannot resist Powerplay once they fall within a 'bubble'.

To stop your system from becoming 'exploited' or a control system (a system in the centre of a bubble of exploited systems) you have to oppose that expansion, and to do that you have to be pledged to a hostile power.
    Oy-vey itz mir, I wanted to keep the system independent so I'd rather not pledge, but if I have to....

Powers don't control and exploit factions, they control and exploit systems. They do receive some benefit when factions which match their Control Ethos are in government and control the systems exploited.

If you're asking specifically about BGS and station control, that question has been answered. If you're asking about Power control/exploitation, it seems you're aware that it's a bit more complicated than that.

If you're simply asking because you don't want an Imperial portrait hanging from the side of the buildings? That can be addressed via your original BGS question. However, if you threaten a Power's reduced fortification trigger in the system, expect to face opposition.

Originally Posted by aspiringexpatriate View Post (Source)
    Powers don't control and exploit factions, they control and exploit systems. They do receive some benefit when factions which match their Control Ethos are in government and control the systems exploited.

If you're asking specifically about BGS and station control, that question has been answered. If you're asking about Power control/exploitation, it seems you're aware that it's a bit more complicated than that.

If you're simply asking because you don't want an Imperial portrait hanging from the side of the buildings? That can be addressed via your original BGS question. However, if you threaten a Power's reduced fortification trigger in the system, expect to face opposition.
    What I'm afraid of is the Power Play bubble for either Aisling Duval or Denton Patreus expanding back to cover the little bit of independent space the Botame Resistance and I have created by defending the Jewish Settlers aboard Israel Station and the Arab Settlers aboard Al-Din Al-Urdi Port along the very edge of civilized space. It took a lot to free our people from Imperial Bondage and we aren't very happy about the Federations anti-semitic permit lock on the Sol System prohibiting access to the holy lands of Israel and Mecca. (Lore and Story: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ncy-Cmdr-s-Log)

So I want to keep the region independent. We will not be Imperial Slaves trapped within their machine and Aisling Duval is a liar who has no clue of the Pograms her Imperial Dictators pushed on the people of the region in her name which is why all but one station in the region has no Imperial Factions left. I want to get them dropped from the last station and secure the system as Independent, but I think I might have to run to the Alliance or something to do that.

EDIT: I get that it is just RP and all, but it enhances the game and I thought it was an interesting enough topic to write on. What would it be like for me as a Jew in the year 3304 of the Elite Dangerous timeline. Anyway, Aisling Duval could still present herself as Esther as today is Purim the 14th of Adar 7064 in the Elite Dangerous timeline and technically the stories match up rather well. I doubt there would be a GalNet post from her, but maybe they'll cede a few systems in Independence as a sign that she is giving us our Freedom. Otherwise she is all lies and propaganda which is what I suspect and is why I'm proactively asking how I can protect the boarders of Israel from Imperial Conquest through Power Play.

What I'm afraid of is the Power Play bubble for either Aisling Duval or Denton Patreus expanding back to cover the little bit of independent space the Botame Resistance and I have created by defending the Jewish Settlers aboard Israel Station and the Arab Settlers aboard Al-Din Al-Urdi Port along the very edge of civilized space.
    The good news is that Botame is in a very sparsely populated region of space. Botame might be thriving, but it isn't worth any Power's time and effort to control or exploit Botame. Any systems within 15Ly of Botame would cost those Powers more to establish a garrison than they would get from it in return.

Also, the Power HQ you're closest to is Kamadhenu, so you should be worried about the Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval, but there is currently no desire to add another -21cc control system to the list, and in any event, if a Power were to move in, they would probably focus on HIP 20184, which would leave Botame uncontrolled.

If any system within 15Ly of Botame does appear on a Power's preparation list, that's when you should worry. Posting on this subforum should get someone's attention and a response.

We will not be Imperial Slaves trapped within their machine and Aisling Duval is a liar who has no clue of the Pograms her Imperial Dictators pushed on the people of the region in her name which is why all but one station in the region has no Imperial Factions left.
    The Emperor, long may she reign, also dislikes Imperial Dictatorships.

The good news is that Botame is in a very sparsely populated region of space. Botame might be thriving, but it isn't worth any Power's time and effort to control or exploit Botame. Any systems within 15Ly of Botame would cost those Powers more to establish a garrison than they would get from it in return.

Also, the Power HQ you're closest to is Kamadhenu, so you should be worried about the Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval, but there is currently no desire to add another -21cc control system to the list, and in any event, if a Power were to move in, they would probably focus on HIP 20184, which would leave Botame uncontrolled.

If any system within 15Ly of Botame does appear on a Power's preparation list, that's when you should worry. Posting on this subforum should get someone's attention and a response.
    What a blessing the Botame Macheret will be safe while I visit the other 11 Settlements of Israel. True fact, Fdev put 11 Stations in the game named Israel (something) plus the one on Earth makes 12. How odd right?

I'm headed to Israel Port next which iirc is in Kamadhenu. If that is the Imperial Capital then I might wait on trying anything there. I'll have to see what the situation is there when I arrive in the Jacob (the ship that creates Israel... get it ;D).

Thanks for giving me a heads up on what to look for to tell if they will expand.

Mark these words The Jewish Revolt has begun in the Empire.

Also, the Power HQ you're closest to is Kamadhenu, so you should be worried about the Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval
    Oh I see what you mean now that I'm logged in... it was Aisling up until now, she started giving territory to Denton Patreus yesterday and the day before I guess she gave the rest of her little path to Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval. ... great. Everything has changed. I should have known she would run and send in the real fighters in the Empire. I guess we were too strong for her...

Israel Port is in Mudrama Kaze, with two player groups. Enjoy that.

Israel Port is in Mudrama Kaze, with two player groups. Enjoy that.
    Two... OY-VEY!

Does UA bombing a station affect the Power Play at all? Like if I roll through and UA bomb an entire sector enough do you think the Empire might pull out so it is Independent? Or are there other... better.... forms of "political action" can I perform to get the Empire to cede power play territory?

UA bombing used to shut down Powerplay features but that is no longer the case. Its a minor BGS annoyance, and unless you have lots of commanders on your side a waste of time as you will have many more from Powerplay opposing you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast