Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no mode exclusive content?

Originally Posted by Mohrgan View Post (Source)
    I'm in Mobius PvE. You can out do me through the BGS. Bring 20 Open-Onlyans and burn my Faction, BGS and all.

All you have to do is apply yourself to your BGS Faction's stuffs. Then your BGS Faction will be safe. I payed just as much for the BGS as you did, it ain't yours, nor is it open's. The tools are there for you. The rules of the game say I can do my thing in any mode I like. Just like the rules say you can blow up all the traders you find. Rules, you gotta love 'em.
    Ok. How am I supposed to know who is messing with the bgs of my faction? How can I retaliate against you if I cant even see you. This is insane beyond belief, I am telling you Braben is griefing me.

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    Ok. How am I supposed to know who is messing with the bgs of my faction? How can I retaliate against you if I cant even see you. This is insane beyond belief, I am telling you Braben is griefing me.
    It doesn't matter who, it only matters how. Your Faction contact will tell you about the current, and pending 'States' your favored Faction is in. React to the information. Retaliate through filling the appropriate PvE Buckets. Knowing just who is doing what is irrelevant to the game's mechanics. You are trying to apply meaning to a factor that has none. You are griefing yourself.

Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    The only thing open about you is your fly...

Ooohhhhh a challenge to come to open and attempt to do something I don't do. Seriously?

Plain and simply YOU are the problem with Open. Because this game isn't exactly what you want and because the Devs don't pander to your testosterone wish YOU and those like you have decided to try and ruin the game for others. So you whine and moan about the game because the Elite Dangerous was never made for you and you cannot stand it. News flash, the game will never be what you want because it was never designed that way.

So because I don't PVP i am the coward huh? I don't really call out people much, but you know what has to stop... your constant urinating on other players because they do not adhere to your griefing version of PVP. If ANYTHING ruined PVP in Elite Dangerous it isn't PVE, it isn't the Modes, It... is... YOU!

As for your pathetic challenge, I've dealt with enough death and the mistreatment of others in real life, I don't need to feel superior by bullying others and attempting to ruin their game and talking about how good I am. So troll all you want, just remember though that if you want to throw coward around just remember the only time that is true is when your looking in a mirror.
    I didnt challange you, you said that I am a coward because I kill weaker ships, I told you that I am open for retaliation by you or anyone else. You have options.

I gave you an example of cowardnece when someone undermines from SOLO anonymously. I have no way of retaliation. You are going to damage my faction, and all I can do is clean your mess without the ability to stop you. Damn it, I dont even know who is doing it. Tomorrow you will do the same, and again I am running after you. I have only something to loose and you have only something to win.

Originally Posted by Mohrgan View Post (Source)
    It doesn't matter who, it only matters how. Your Faction contact will tell you about the current, and pending 'States' your favored Faction is in. React to the information. Retaliate through filling the appropriate PvE Buckets. Knowing just who is doing what is irrelevant to the game's mechanics. You are trying to apply meaning to a factor that has none. You are griefing yourself.
    Read above

I didnt challange you, you said that I am a coward because I kill weaker ships, I told you that I am open for retaliation by you or anyone else. You have options.

I gave you an example of cowardnece when someone undermines from SOLO anonymously. I have no way of retaliation. You are going to damage my faction, and all I can do is clean your mess without the ability to stop you. Damn it, I dont even know who is doing it. Tomorrow you will do the same, and again I am running after you. I have only something to loose and you have only something to win.

Read above

You gave no such "Example" and, by your terms of what cowardice is, have proven cowardice by the crowing you've done here OVER and OVER about how you grief other ships. SO you either are a liar, a coward, or both. Your own WORDS about your own actions reveal any cowardice.

And you still don't get it.. even IF I did something against you in Solo you can do the EXACT same thing to me in the EXACT same way. Nothing to win and nothing to gain... just your pettiness and whining over FDev NOT catering to you because you want the game to react in a way it was NEVER designed to do.

You gave no such "Example" and, by your terms of what cowardice is, have proven cowardice by the crowing you've done here OVER and OVER about how you grief other ships. SO you either are a liar, a coward, or both. Your own WORDS about your own actions reveal any cowardice.

And you still don't get it.. even IF I did something against you in Solo you can do the EXACT same thing to me in the EXACT same way. Nothing to win and nothing to gain... just your pettiness and whining over FDev NOT catering to you because you want the game to react in a way it was NEVER designed to do.
    Jesus. Can you wrap your mind that I cannot see that its you who is doing the damage?

I didnt challange you

I am in OPEN, you can hunt me down, hell I accept all friend requests so it will be easier to track me. Come and revenage the death of innocents. You have that option, bring 20 mobians and chase me away, new C & P and all.

Oh.. and you do know what a challenge is right? The definition of the word?

verb

invite (someone) to engage in a contest.

[QUOTE=Mouse;6516573]
    I am in OPEN, you can hunt me down, hell I accept all friend requests so it will be easier to track me. Come and revenage the death of innocents. You have that option, bring 20 mobians and chase me away, new C & P and all.

Oh.. and you do know what a challenge is right? The definition of the word?

verb
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

invite (someone) to engage in a contest.

Answer the question above, how do I know who is damaging my faction?

Jesus. Can you wrap your mind that I cannot see that its you who is doing the damage?

Heck can you wrap your mind that PVP means bupkis in this game other than as entertainment between people? Even if people are in Open you STILL cannot see who is doing the damage except in certain situations...

Heck can you wrap your mind that PVP means bupkis in this game other than as entertainment between people? Even if people are in Open you STILL cannot see who is doing the damage except in certain situations...
    Yes you can. Somebody who is from the same geographical location will eventually get instanced with them to their surprise.

Yes you can. Somebody who is from the same geographical location will eventually get instanced with them to their surprise.

You are blocked.. You will NOT see them.. yet they are in Open.. their connection is poor, you will not see them... yet they are in Open... a myriad of reasons... they are in Open... but you will NOT see them.

Read above
    Even if you knew who was doing it, you'd still have to carry those buckets to fix it. You've put willful blinders on in an attempt to shoe horn some relevance for PvP. It simply does not follow that a game of filling buckets should accommodate a one dimensional PvP outlook. You have the tools to maintain your Favored Faction, the problem is here, that the tool is not the Hammer, you've been forging. You're going to need a wrench to tighten the bolts, hammers won't do.

Mode specific content is a bad idea pure and simple. As I see it, private and open already has mode specific content with wings and MC, so it would be nice if FD introduced NPCs because players could then share a similar experience regardless of game mode. For instance, can you imagine being a gunner on an NPC ship?

Originally Posted by Arindor View Post (Source)
    Mode specific content is a bad idea pure and simple.
    Oh. It's an excellent idea - it just won't work!

Mode unique content? Hmmm.. ok, how about NPC wingmen for solo?

Hell, if we got those, i'd probably play in solo almost exclusively.

I'd have a wing of Cobras.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Which omits Private Groups - the second multi-player mode - where anything that can work in Open will also work.
    But Private Groups don't have to be multiplayer. I could set up my private group so that there is only me in it, effectively solo.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Mode unique content? Hmmm.. ok, how about NPC wingmen for solo?

Hell, if we got those, i'd probably play in solo almost exclusively.

I'd have a wing of Cobras.
    Would you not want to have NPC buddies in Open too?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast