Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Frontier LIED to us!

  1. #1

    Exclamation Frontier LIED to us!

    Full disclosure I admit the title is largely click bait. I apologize
    for nothing :p


    I do feel as though we've been mislead. During the build up to "The Return" of the Thargoids we were told there would be ways outside of combat to interact with them. So far I haven't seen this. I am only aware of being able to extract a tissue sample from one of their ships with a research limpet. However this aggros the Thargoids which leads right back to combat or running away. I wouldn't consider running from something an interaction with them, just the opposite in fact.

    Frontier has given us a lot of new weapons focused on combating Thargoids. Now I'll give you that we don't have to use them. I haven't, but what have they given us to discover or explore these other options. It seems Frontier hasn't provided anything for an alternative to combat. Even the narrative seems structured to goad us to war, with the Thargoids attacking stations leaving them defenseless, in ruins and civilian lives in jeopardy while steadily inching closer to the bubble.

    Then the release of 3.0 comes with a bunch of new Xbox achievements, three of which are for killing Thargoids.


    I assuming that PS4 and Steam have something similar. Where are the achievements for the alleged "other interactions?" I'm not complaining nor is this intended to be a criticism. I'm enjoying the game well enough without getting involved with the Bugs. I'm not going to throw a fit and declare that the game is unplayable because there's not option for me to have tea with a Thargoid. So before you even think about asking, NO YOU CAN'T have my stuff. It just appears to me that what was supposed to be a multifaceted part of the game is currently a bit one sided. I'm just curious about what happened or what is going to happen.

    I'm also curious what some of the rest of you think?

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Stasis Wolf View Post (Source)
    I am only aware of being able to extract a tissue sample from one of their ships with a research limpet.
    Have you tried sending them a tissue sample of your own?

    Maybe the part where we are able to communicate with them comes later, but the wait is necessary to the narrative? Haven't you watched a sci-fi horror movie? We're never ​able to communicate straight away with the alien species, we always go hostile first. Except for Amy Adams. She's got the gift, so she can communicate with them.

  3. #3
    I too would like to know about these other ways of interacting.

    Would appreciate a Dev to come in and explain this.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Artistik View Post (Source)
    Have you tried sending them a tissue sample of your own?

    Maybe the part where we are able to communicate with them comes later, but the wait is necessary to the narrative? Haven't you watched a sci-fi horror movie? We're never ​able to communicate straight away with the alien species, we always go hostile first. Except for Amy Adams. She's got the gift, so she can communicate with them.
    Amy Adams is a gift all right.

    As for the rest of your point, this is one of the things I wonder. Is this coming later? Or have we as a player based overlooked something? Did Frontier drop the ball or did they just hide it a little too well?

  5. #5
    Yeah, I also want more to do when it comes to interaction than combat. Hopefully it'll come and these initial stages are intentional to set the stage for something later, and not because of game limitations.

  6. #6
    Funny click bait Wolf, but again you've raise a valid point which I believe is holding back a lot of CMDR's from"gettin involved". We've seen enough war to last, we (a possibility less vocal section) would really like some thing more. That being said we all know FD have heard us and we await further instructions.

    Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I also want more to do when it comes to interaction than combat. Hopefully it'll come and these initial stages are intentional to set the stage for something later, and not because of game limitations.
    You beat me by 10 seconds!

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    I too would like to know about these other ways of interacting.

    Would appreciate a Dev to come in and explain this.
    Thargoid powerplay powers and in system minor factions are the likely options.

  8. #8
    I like harvesting them for their meat!

    Originally Posted by Tempestfox3 View Post (Source)
    Thargoid powerplay powers and in system minor factions are the likely options.
    That would be an interesting option for sure, might even spruce up the PP area of the game that really needs some help.

  9. #9
    Of course there are several ways of interaction. You can either:

    1. Shoot them
    2. Kill them
    3. Go into combat with them
    4. Take samples from them
    5. Or just annoy them

    Isn't that plenty enough? You want to cuddle them too?


  10. #10
    I didn’t read all of this post because it’s mostly wrong, you can interact with them outside combat. In multiple ways.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Thopor View Post (Source)
    I didn’t read all of this post because it’s mostly wrong, you can interact with them outside combat. In multiple ways.
    I want a black market for all of their alien parts!

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Thopor View Post (Source)
    I didn’t read all of this post because it’s mostly wrong, you can interact with them outside combat. In multiple ways.
    Yeah. Like asking for directions to the nearest neutron star for instance.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Thopor View Post (Source)
    I didn’t read all of this post because it’s mostly wrong, you can interact with them outside combat. In multiple ways.
    Then you must be privy to gameplay that I am not.

  14. #14
    To be fair, Frontier didn't give a time frame. So you may still get the opportunity to sit around a campfire with a Thargoid, holding tentacles and singing Cumbaya before it slays everyone in the settlement and eats your cyber dog

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Of course there are several ways of interaction. You can either:

    1. Shoot them
    2. Kill them
    3. Go into combat with them
    4. Take samples from them
    5. Or just annoy them

    Isn't that plenty enough? You want to cuddle them too?

    I see what you did there..
    Yes.. you can:
    1. Touch them with 1 finger
    2. Touch them with 2 fingers
    3. Touch them with 3 fingers
    4. Touch them with 4 fingers
    5. You can even use your thumb

    Isn't that enough, you wanna be able to pick em up too?

    Originally Posted by Stasis Wolf View Post (Source)
    I assuming that PS4 and Steam have something similar.
    Steam, we get 0 Achievements for some reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast