Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Open and private MOD

Originally Posted by Dietger View Post (Source)
    Well, I just used solo the very first time at the ancient structures, cos the place was so noisy, brimming with Commanders frolicking around in their SRVs. I was constantly, accidentally shot at and pushed about. Damn the place should be approached with some decency, no? LOL So I used solo to get things quite and my stuff done. MY quest indeed was somewhat rhetorical yes.

o7
    So you wont be pushing for people to be in open then? as you used another mode.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    I have it shaved into the hair on my back.
    Noob.

I have it shaved into the hair on my...

*dodges thrown shoes*

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    CQC is trash. Forget about it.

Get a medium ship and I will challange you any time in OPEN. Engineers are flat in 3.0. Everyone have the same stats so dont give me excuses about god rolls and grind.
    Seriously? are you scared or need the buff of engineers to complement your skills?

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    Seriously? are you scared or need the buff of engineers to complement your skills?
    Either way, he would probably appreciate having the duel some point this year.

I hear the matchmaking screen is a fairly poor test of skill.

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    This is how we know he just wants more fish for his barrel.
    He'll only part take of a challenge as long as you are in a stock Type 7 and he in is an engineered FDL - because that's a "fair fight".

CQC forces people to use skill, so you'll never see him there.

Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)
    So you wont be pushing for people to be in open then? as you used another mode.

I advocate Open as to be the main mode, yes.
    As in say, Elite's Elite mode my friend. No harm done to Open. Not as much as to come here to demand Open being unplayable a horde of griefers and abuse everywhere, I think.
    There is be more harm done to Elite, cos of "evidence" about what grievance Open is, as ever so few lunatics online can harvest dew to their stupidity.

Threads like: "Five minutes in Open, I am dead" = proof! While Commanders logging well over 2373 hours in Open, proof the opposite. But whom am I? Logic applied to life 's not for everyone.

Cheers

Threads like: "Five minutes in Open, I am dead" = proof! While Commanders logging well over 2373 hours in Open, proof the opposite. But whom am I? Logic applied to life 's not for everyone.
    You put any new commander against the new C&P and they are all dead anyway, even in solo.. It only proves that new players need some distance from experienced players the first hours of game time, not just the first jump.

I advocate Open as to be the main mode, yes.
    And yet to hide from the benefit of open mode

.... cos the place was so noisy, brimming with Commanders frolicking around in their SRVs. I was constantly, accidentally shot at and pushed about.
    So you want us in open, but you won't stay in open for the same reason we don't want open.

If you want us in open, you should make an example and stay there, show us how to play in busy areas with lots of commanders.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Why is CQC trash? It provides quite a level playing field. A much better determiner of who is the better pilot over who has grinded the most.
    Engineers 3.0 stopped the grind wars. You have no excuses, all stats are known in advance.

CQC is trash, can we move on?

Open mode is trash, can we move on?

So here are my 2 Credits (again)...

I also play in Open most of the time, even when i want to visit the one or the other engineer. I love the thrill, that gets me, when I'm about to jump into the system. I also NEVER EVER fly without a descent ship-setup AND, most of all, several rebuys. Always expect the worst, so you can only be surprised positively.

I still don't get the absolutl requirment to fully G5 my vessel, because...okay here's the BAD wording..."gettin gud" is the way to stay alive in ED. And "gettin gud" is not to engineer your ship apart nor stand and fight. It is about knowing your skill (and improving it), your vessel, your enemy, and your chances and odds.

I'm no PvP'er extraordinaire. I almost everytime will get the hell out of trouble, but when I'm in trouble, I hope for the best that my "plan b" ist water (bullet)-proof.

a short story, just a couple of days old:

I wanted to visit Broo. As usual, i went trough my checklist:

Wing Management tab set? checked
    Navigation-Panel Filters set? checked
    Escape-Route planned? checked
    Defensive-Systems online and set? checked

Okay, here we go: Engage Jump!

I entered the system. As predicted some hollow squares welcomed me on the radar. My heart was almost ready to ragequit. What the frag? A Corvette, A Cutter, the one or the other python. Checked the subsystems of the assumed enemies. Oh okay. The pythons don't carry any FSI. Nice. But the Corvette and the Cutter. Okay Eli, kiss your butt goodbye.

But hey! All the sweating for what? For a very nice "o7" in the comms panel. We met up at the base and got a little chitchat about outfitting and paintjobs.

For ^THAT^ I play in Open. You feel alive. Solo or private is, for me, not to feel alive, but for feeling "godlike". I don't really ever considered beeing a god. To much trouble and responsibility for everything.

99% of my playtime in open is a fun way wasting my time. Okay, i got shot 2 to 3 times, but I will always stick to that one saying:

Shoot me once, shame on you!
    Shoot me twice, shame on me!

We, as human beeings have a BIG advantage above other species: The ability to adapt to certain situations.

So therefore, for me, solo is simply boring as hell.

So, fly safe out there fellow commanders. Hope to see you in the black. o7

PvP is not a universally preferred play-style, nor one that all players find to be "fun", can we move on?

Open mode is trash, can we move on?
    The busiest mode in the game, while noone plays CQC, I dont understand what are you even arguing about.

This is how we know he just wants more fish for his barrel.
    He'll only part take of a challenge as long as you are in a stock Type 7 and he in is an engineered FDL - because that's a "fair fight".

CQC forces people to use skill, so you'll never see him there.
    Cool story from someone who hides in SOLO.

I am waiting for a duel from anyone here in open in a ship of their choice against my FAS. Unless all you can do is forum pvp.

The busiest mode in the game, while noone plays CQC, I dont understand what are you even arguing about.

Cool story from someone who hides in SOLO.

I am waiting for a duel from anyone here in open in a ship of their choice against my FAS. Unless all you can do is forum pvp.
    LOL! Challenging PVE players to PVP? Love that logic!

2<drink>

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast