Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technology Broker – Tweaks Required?

A lot of good advices above, but I believe we should be able to keep our cargo in stored ship. When switching ship, there should be option "Keep cargo where it is" or "Move it to new ship". The fact we can't do this is .. "stupid"... sorry but can't find more appropriate term .. If I arrive to station with my fully loaded T7, and I see nice Kill mission designed for my Vulture (no cargo at all), why for God's sake I am not allowed to switch ships without selling cargo first ? I'm not calling for easy game(*), but this limitation sounds "artificial" and just doesn't make a sense ...

TW

* on the contrary, I'd like to see game "harder" little bit like :

- pay daily fee for every stored module (depends on it's price) ...
    - pay daily fee for every stored ship (depends on it's price including all modules) ..
    - pay fee for every module operation - move from/into ship ..

Not speaking of better immersion (reality) I believe it would force commanders for better/smarter ship's management. Instead of mindless keeping 20+, 30+, 50+ ships, you should evaluate which ships to keep (especially those most expensive ones could become real PIA ... you have to pay a lot $$ every day just to keep them, but you don't want to sell them as it's matter of prestige ) Or you must be rich guy .. then any fee is not problem for ya ..

Crazy idea : imagine situation if some player is not able to pay for storage .. then his ship goes to auction. If you are aware, You can buy fully engineered Cutter for peanuts. Doesn't sound interesting ?

Originally Posted by madmattnz View Post (Source)
    So I started the new Ram Tah mission not realising I needed Thargoid Tissue samples etc...

/snip/

Any thoughts?
    You're really not going to enjoy getting the Thargoid tissue samples...

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    Did you complete the Ram Tah scan missions in the end L? How much did you make credits wise?

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    Did you complete the Ram Tah scan missions in the end L? How much did you make credits wise?
    Nope, cannot find a Basilisk for love nor money mate. I had to take a break it was driving me nuts. I think the 3.0.2 update killed the Basilisks so I'm going to try again after 3.0.3. I'm flying around with illicit cargo transfering corrosive cargo racks between ships

Originally Posted by TWitko View Post (Source)
    A lot of good advices above, but I believe we should be able to keep our cargo in stored ship. When switching ship, there should be option "Keep cargo where it is" or "Move it to new ship". The fact we can't do this is .. "stupid"... sorry but can't find more appropriate term .. If I arrive to station with my fully loaded T7, and I see nice Kill mission designed for my Vulture (no cargo at all), why for God's sake I am not allowed to switch ships without selling cargo first ? I'm not calling for easy game(*), but this limitation sounds "artificial" and just doesn't make a sense ...

TW

* on the contrary, I'd like to see game "harder" little bit like :

- pay daily fee for every stored module (depends on it's price) ...
    - pay daily fee for every stored ship (depends on it's price including all modules) ..
    - pay fee for every module operation - move from/into ship ..

Not speaking of better immersion (reality) I believe it would force commanders for better/smarter ship's management. Instead of mindless keeping 20+, 30+, 50+ ships, you should evaluate which ships to keep (especially those most expensive ones could become real PIA ... you have to pay a lot $$ every day just to keep them, but you don't want to sell them as it's matter of prestige ) Or you must be rich guy .. then any fee is not problem for ya ..

Crazy idea : imagine situation if some player is not able to pay for storage .. then his ship goes to auction. If you are aware, You can buy fully engineered Cutter for peanuts. Doesn't sound interesting ?
    I'd pay for this, definitely.

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    I got those Cargo racks in a single evening with a mix of a DBX and swapping over to my trade Cutter (which made it very easy). A smaller ship like a Python, T6 or AspX could do it easily. A T6 only costs 1M credits. So could be set up fairly cheaply to do the job.

Its not reasonable to expect every ship to be able to do every task. I agree with loads you post maddmattz but here I disagree in that regard. I think there are not tweaks in the Tech Broker required, there are tweaks in how we as players approach the issue.

What this does raise a point on is transferring cargo which I do agree about. I wanted to use my Anaconda rather than the Cutter to goto Maia and buy Meta Alloys but I couldn't use my Anaconda because the fit at the time was Passenger, so there was no way to swap from a DBX which already had 12T of Neofabric in the hold to a ship which had no cargo capacity and you can't refit ships you are not in. So I had to use the Cutter (I could have also used my Python).

I guess I should have planned better and changed the Anaconda fit before doing the mission to get Neofabric. If everything was just 3 clicks and complete where would be the achievement? Its always a balance. So overall I was not that bothered, it took me about 3 hours to do (Mission for Neofabric, jumping to my Cutter location, and traveling round for all the stuff, I bought the Alloy), but the caveat being both my ships were all pre-engineered for "good" jump ranges and I had a good stock of Chemical Manipulators. Saying that I did actually take my Cutter to Farseer to do FSD 3.0 on it within this 3 hours too.
    Good points again... I just feel there should somehow be a bit more flexibility – and switching ships with cargo is often problematic.

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    No, I'm not looking forward to that bit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12