Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hawking Memorial petition

Stephen Hawking Memorial petition

The members of the Beagle Point Expedition are saddened at the death of Stephen Hawking and will be dedicating our meet up at RENDEZVOUS POINT in honour of him this coming Saturday 17th March.

We would like to propose that a memorial beacon be added to the the Rendezvous point system above planet 5 A, the location of many deep space expeditions heading to beagle point.

Can you all please add your name below if you support this petition.

Cmdr Wishblend
    Deep Space Explorer

Considering Fisher got one I don't suspect its going to be a problem.

RIP Hawking.

PK555
    He gave so much to science and will be missed.

Signed. R.I.P Professor Hawking.

I’ll sign it. CMDR Bryan K. A better place would be in orbit of a black hole, though.

While I think he deserves more than a beacon, no reason why he can't have a nebula, a megaship, a planet, a station, a black hole and a beacon too.

Put my name down for this one.

I would very much like to see Stephen Hawking honored with something in game. He was an amazing person, not only defying the odds given to him with his medical condition, but also giving a massive contribution to science and knowledge that could never be overstated.

Yes. Good idea.

farewell old man

So sad to hear, but the Man did beat Dead for much longer then anybody told him he could. RIP

Originally Posted by Bryan K View Post (Source)
    I’ll sign it. CMDR Bryan K. A better place would be in orbit of a black hole, though.
    My tought exactly, if we put something in his name in the game (which I do think we should) then do it around a black hole.

Originally Posted by Wishblend View Post (Source)
    We would like to propose that a memorial beacon be added to the the Rendezvous point system above planet 5 A, the location of many deep space expeditions heading to beagle point.
    Would prefer one in a place I can actually visit as a non-explorer. How about in earth orbit? The man deserves nothing less IMO.

If beagle point is the best we can get then sure, though.

Deeply saddened by this news, CMDR WCOASTSANDS supports this petition for a memorial beacon.

CMDR Cruel Rabbit supports this. In fact, he teared up a little. Damn.

Sad news.
    That man deserves a real life memorial in real life space. Or something more useful named after him.
    But yes, please give him a station or a megaship, Frontier. Or a black hole in honor of Hawking Radiation.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast