View Entry Info: Mission target ships are only geared to combat rank, not current ship

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission target ships are only geared to combat rank, not current ship

Mission target ships are only geared to combat rank, not current ship

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    21:38 EST

Date of occurrence
    14/03/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    DBX

Commander Name
    ReikaKalseki

Description
    Basically, when a mission spawns a "thug"/etc NPC to follow and try to fight you, it only takes your combat rating into account when determining what kind of ship (and its rank) to send after you.

In my case, that means that because I have an Elite combat rating, even though I am running the missions in a DBX kitted, and normally used, for exploration, I am having Deadly or Elite Anacondas sent after me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The power imbalance is so large that one shot from the aggressor ship will completely deplete my shields and nearly destroy the hull!

Steps to Reproduce
    Take some missions with a high combat rating, but in a small, non-combat-fit ship; get killed in seconds because you are up against a ship 50 times your size.

Additional files?

Are you saying that if you take a high rated mission, it should be made easier if you set out on the mission with the wrong equipment?
    Sorry but this is not a bug, it's poor decision making by the pilot.

Fly Safe o7

Originally Posted by Tornado View Post (Source)
    Are you saying that if you take a high rated mission, it should be made easier if you set out on the mission with the wrong equipment?
    Sorry but this is not a bug, it's poor decision making by the pilot.

Fly Safe o7
    No, I am saying that A) the system used to work (it used to take both rank and current ship into account) and no longer does, and B) that these are not in any way combat-centric missions, (and nearly all missions involve an NPC trailing you, making near all missions involve combat of some kind), so it should not be required that you use a combat ship for a haulage mission. Otherwise you are basically saying that any mission of any kind, once you are an experienced player, should only be done in the biggest, most heavily armed ships you have.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    Hey Reika,

Thanks for the feedback.

I do belive this is working as intended.

If you're Elite rank and you fly around in a sidewinder... you're going to have a bad time.