Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 3.0.3

How long will the server be down, you said?

I'm just wondering if the comms UI is still broken?

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)

From 3.0.3 you will no longer be able to access outfitting at any port whilst in a Ďhotí ship, thus you will not be able to make any load-out changes. Youíre required to first clean the ship by paying off fines and bounties issued against it. Outfitting services will then be restored.

This is a painfully awful decision, and really gives the impression nobody at the office plays their own game.

Originally Posted by equex View Post (Source)
    you pretty much know they are criminals when they fly up to you and say "got anything nice?"
    im fine with shooting those without scanning first
    This change also allows you to open fire on any ship being attacked by system security before ship scan completes, and open fire on ships attacking miners in res sites without first completing the scan. It is a dumbing down of the ship scan mechanic.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    [*]Increased the payouts for bulk passenger Missions
    Could this mean the return of Smeaton runs? Wonder what is the increase is like ...

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    The two biggest issues I am currently having are as follows:-

1) CTD upon accessing Galmap.
    2) Limpets rendered useless after collecting mat's that I have the maximum amount of - as a result of removing the "dump mat'" feature.

Was really hoping to see those issues had been addressed.

The Galmap CTD is making it impossible to play the game to a large extent.
    All I'm currently doing is cruising around my network of "home systems" taking missions here and there.
    I can't do anything more ambitious for fear of causing CTDs by using the Galmap.
    The galmap crash sounds more like a case for the support. Have you opened a ticket? If not, you should do so I think.

@Eagleboy
    The player comms panel doesnít refresh properly when you open it, it shows what was previously on it and although you can hear it working if someone sends you a message, you canít use it to reply and you canít see the message. Itís really annoying and it severely disrupts any wing based activity. It also makes you look very rude to other players trying to hail you!

There is another bug that affects your nav and contact screens where they become unresponsive after getting back in your ship from your SRV.

Both issues can only be worked around by relogging, which obviously severely disrupts wing play.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commander raymondo the great!

The patch notes are not as in depth. All this stuff should be in:

* KWS detects all faction bounties from all factions in all systems (not Power bounties or superpower bounties)
    * KWS grants license to kill when superpower matches between current jurisdiction and faction bounty
    * NPCs have bounties from current jurisdiction, other factions in system, factions in nearby systems and occasionally factions from great distances

One thing that missed the deadline is "KWS prevents reputation loss for destroying ships unless they are criminal faction ships." We'll let you know when this is ready for deployment.
    Thank you for the response Sandro

Originally Posted by Hexcaliber View Post (Source)
    This change also allows you to open fire on any ship being attacked by system security before ship scan completes, and open fire on ships attacking miners in res sites without first completing the scan. It is a dumbing down of the ship scan mechanic.
    Having to scan a ship that's blasting away at security ships to figure out whether it's wanted or not seems pretty dumb to me.

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #115
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commander Schlack!

Originally Posted by Schlack View Post (Source)
    Thanks Will,

Could you please ask the BGS people to clarify how this works:

"NPCs have a chance to be affiliated with factions from nearby systems, and a smaller chance to be from further afield"

where does the influence hit for murder occur for multi-system factions?
    Influence loss for a faction due to their ships being murdered occurs in the system where the ship was murdered.

Influence gain for a faction due to bounty claims being handed in to their security contacts occurs in the system where the bounty claim was handed in.

Well, now slightly salty. No thanks to everyone who exploited the base bombing with dumbfires, FD's fix now makes my mine bomber largely useless that i'd been using for about a year to do base missions.

Yeah, ill partially blame FD for such fixes, was never happy with how they changed skimmers to be made of impossiblium when ships rammed them to stop a previous exploit, but i reserve plenty of salt for the exploiters as well.

What was that? Exploiters exploiting don't affect anyone else?

Yeah, sorry, you can shove that up your nether regions.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    2) Limpets rendered useless after collecting mat's that I have the maximum amount of - as a result of removing the "dump mat'" feature.

Was really hoping to see those issues had been addressed.
    This one is in - look for "automatically ignores" in the User Interface section.

The galmap crash is particularly annoying. For me it only seems to occur the first time I load the map in a session ... if that time works, it's fine for the rest of the session. I take it that it's worse than that for you, then?

Originally Posted by madsdyd View Post (Source)
    I am new to this: How long should I expect to be locked out from the game? When will the updates be available?

Btw: Not entirely impressed that I am locked out from the game.
    Natural side-effect of updating the game. Unless you'd prefer that FDev never deployed updates or patches.

For this type of update: an hour or two downtime seems to be the norm. At some point during that time, Sony will make the client-side update available to download (they haven't, yet) & you can trigger that while you wait. I can't recall any occasion in the past where the servers were up & ready before the client update had been released.

FWIW, I'm sitting here on my St Patrick's Day public holiday, all ready to swing into action. Except downtime. I feel your pain. But: patience. They'll be back as soon as the can be.

EDIT: And just as I send that, the PS4 update is released. 189.3MB. Go get.

Originally Posted by CMDR Redcrest View Post (Source)
    No rebalance for material trader's extortionate rates?
    As the material traders say...

"It's a pleasure doing business to you."

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast