Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Discovery scanner does not reveal assassination mission location

Advanced Discovery Scanner not showing Assassination Targets

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    07:56 GMT

Date of occurrence
    4/5/2018

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Chieftain

Commander Name
    Koheko

Description
    Advanced Discovery Scanner isn't showing target planets to look for Assassination Targets. If I go into the nav beacon and scan it, it shows up immediately, but the ADS does nothing.

Steps to Reproduce
    Take Assassination Mission, go to planet, honk horn.. nothing.. drop on nav beacon.. there it is..

Additional files?

Discovery Scan does not update Wing Assasination Mission as described

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Most of the time (75%)

Time of occurrence
    see netlogs

Date of occurrence
    see netlogs

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Chieftrain

Commander Name
    viciousviper79:

Description
    Firing the discovery scanner does not update Wing Assasination Mission as described in the Missiontext. Scanning Nav beacon is required to update the Mission

At 2:20 in the Video the "not updating via sdiscovery scan" can be seen

Steps to Reproduce
    From Wing
    Take Wing Assasination Mission
    Share Mission
    Jump to destination System
    Hit discovery sanner
    Wait for Mission update

Additional files?
    Video:

Netlog:
    https://workupload.com/file/6zVBjvm

Same here since 3.0.0

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hey Cmdrs,

Thanks for the reports.

I've merged these threads.

We're aware of this issue and currently looking into it.
    You guys REALLY need to work on your communication (this time I'm talking about internally). I wasn't annoyed about this bug (I knew you guys would fix it eventually), until I came to this thread and saw the most shocking responses.

First someone says working as intended, which is already surprising at that point given how many people reported the issue. Do you (collectively) think that people who take the time to report bugs in detail are just trolling? Perhaps you think they PM their friends to also raise the same issue just to be more convincing? When MANY players say something is wrong, a proper check is likely warranted before embarrassing oneself.

Then, we are told that it is sort of working as intended and there is supposed to be some kind of new mechanic or arbitrary range limit on something that has had infinite range forever (what the hell was THAT?!). Another example showing that staff either don't understand or don't play their own game, and what's worse, they still feel qualified to post about AUTHORITATIVELY.

Then, without any clarification as to the rubbish that's been spouted up to now, we get a 'we're working on it'.

Well, please forgive me if I'm not convinced that you have fully understood the issue (you, Mitch, probably have, but there is no indication of that in the thread to date). None of the staff responses so far make sense in the context of the game.

So, just to be clear, please can you confirm that you are going to try to return it to how it was before it got messed with? Or are you going to 'tweak' this mechanic and surprise us with new arbitrary limitations?

/end rant. If you require extra venom with this post, that is charged at a nominal rate.

Lol. And when it is mentioned every now and then that they dont play their own game, we get attacked by the bois.

Someone in this thread/report, clearly doesnt have a clue..

FIX THE BUG

it says in the mission you can also use a discovery scanner

yet fdev comments saying its how its meant to be. what?

This bug is quite annoying. Any update on this issue?

Note, Scanning only reveals the targets planetary location, not the precise location of the target, which confounds me even more, why not reveal the Mission Location ?, then head over to the planet and if one is early then loiter, watch space go by until the target appears.

I've recently discovered that the Scanner will only show a Mission location at the designated Target Rendezvous time, but even when scanning at the correct time it sometimes doesn't show the Mission location, result abandon mission. I don't understand how expecting one to loiter endlessly for the Mission location to show is considered game play,
    On occasion after scanning and the subsequent no-show of location I've cruised the system and sometimes whilst cruising the system I've been interdicted by the Target, huh ?, is that what one is supposed to do now FD, is this what you mean by normal ?, if so then remove the "Target will appear when system is scanned" from the mission text please.

Here's what I think is intended game play, note; its what I think and not actually what game play is as FD haven't indicated what the intended game play really is,
    If target value is > X, then
    Go to System and scan; IF Mission location = 0; cruise system and wait for interdiction, or, investigate "Weapons Fire" USS's for target.

Covert Ops mission body not getting tagged

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    15:10 CEST

Date of occurrence
    06/05/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Diamondback Explorer

Commander Name
    Star-Lord_Prime

Description
    After scanning Nav Beacons or using ADS the target body appears in the &quot;Chat box&quot; on the top left, but not in the mission screen, system map or the body list on the left tab.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Take Covert Ops mission
    2. Go to target system
    3. Use ADS/ scan the Nav Beacon
    4. Target body appears in the Chat Box, but not anywhere else

Additional files?

Mission won't update when using Advanced Scanner, but will if scan nav beacon

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    11:55

Date of occurrence
    31 May 2018

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Corvette

Commander Name
    maximilian.y

Description
    Sometimes when you used the Advanced Scanner and honk and no mission update will receive, until you go scan the nav beacon. Don't know what will happen if the system got no nav beacon.

The system have multiple planets, not a single planet if that's relevant.

Steps to Reproduce
    Take a mission that need to update when arrive that system, e.g. assassination. Go to that system and honk, sometimes it won't give you any update, and no planet are marked as mission target. Go to the nav beacon and you will get mission update.

Additional files?

Originally Posted by QA-Jack View Post (Source)
    effect
    ^ affect.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    ^ affect.

I can confirm that this is still occurring. Accepted 4 assassination missions. Went early to destination system, tried ADS, no joy, dropped out of cruise, scanned nav beacon, got the update on target location. I wouldn't call it a big issue but is a little annoying, particularly given the mission brief says you can use ADS. It might be easier for FDev to modify the brief referencing only the nav beacon - - I am now going to test getting to target system in the specified time frame and see how that goes for me.

I've found that the suggestion to having an ADS in the discription is just that, a suggestion. There are mission that suggest being a particular rank, having an SRV and having a ADS. None are mandatory, but may, depending on a variety of issues such as game mechanics, MAY be useful, then again MAYBE not. Regardless of the ADS giving required data, one should scan the beacon also. Though it may take an extra minute, it never hurts.

I've found that having more than one assination mission in a system and or additional missions. That using only the ADS is sufficent and thus scanning the beacon really really helps. But then, I always have a couple of tons of gold on board, and that seems to help also.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456