Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23262728

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission Targets not being flagged correctly

I've had the same problem on an elite ranked combat character, and a dangerous ranked character...

Why did Fdev claim they couldnt reproduce the issue? Maybe something similar is at work in production, causing some clients to experience different results?

I dunno, but I am frustrated and tired of all this.

can we get an official answer on this bug plz ?

Originally Posted by Zarathul View Post (Source)
    can we get an official answer on this bug plz ?
    We've had several answers, they're just insufficient / dismissive. FDev are aware of the issue and working on it. They currently have no idea what's causing it, or when it will be fixed. Continue intensifying thumb twiddling.

3.1 comes out in, what, 4 days? Fingers crossed they fix it in the update!

Mission target faction ships not flagged as massion targets

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    Yesterday and earlier (GMT+1)

Date of occurrence
    Yesterday and earlier

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Anaconda

Commander Name
    OUTLIGHT

Description
    Massacre Pirate Faction (JET MAFIA FACTION) mission not flagging JET MAFIA FACTION ships as mission targets.

Basically I got a message while bounty hunting offering me a mission to go and collect some "valuable" salvage from a nearby system. I normally don't bother with these offered missions but I figured it was a good time to take a break from combat.

I've chosen two of these missions as they were available at a given time from one faction at Poisson Laboratory in Kanaola system, but, as mentioned above, ships of a target faction are not flagged as mission targets, shooting them also doesn't count as mission completion. I'm encountering this bug couple of times earlier (with other factions in other systems and stations).

Steps to Reproduce
    1) Accept a massacre pirate faction ships mission.
    2) Go to the target system and try to acquire mission target shps in supercruise or in normal space

Additional files?

Originally Posted by Scruffyphal View Post (Source)
    3.1 comes out in, what, 4 days? Fingers crossed they fix it in the update!
    As this bug almost single handedly killed the willingness of my gaming group to log in the for the past month after working around it for a month before that?

It is literally the only thing I'm looking to see in the patch notes.

Two new combat ships mean little to me if the primary means by which I'd like to apply them is irritating and aggravating due to a technical issue that should already have been solved.

Unwarned criminal passengers and Assassination Missions given for "clean" "Terrorists" and such..

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    12:00AM CST

Date of occurrence
    6/24-25/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Federal Corvette and ASP Explorer

Commander Name
    CTHULHU007

Description
    I was told to place this here by support as it would likely be a game "bug".

I was taking Assassination Missions with my corvette and ASP Explorer in imperial space(near the edge of Federation space) and began to receive missions that got ME fined with bounties for attacking "clean" "terrorists". Aye, it could have been avoided if I had looked closer ..the fines anyway. I could have canceled the missions and did at first. I finally got so irritated at being given "clean" terrorist targets I just murdered them one mission and got the mission reward.. I ended up with a notoriety of 8 as I do my wing assassination missions SOLO...so I killed all 6 and accidentally shot a system security that was shooting me along with all the so-called terrorists as well.

Pardon I can be long winded. The problem is of course being given assassination missions that force you to hunt "clean" targets therefor giving you a LARGE bounty and very high notoriety.

While I am on the subject of criminal actions by accident or force...
    Occasionally one is given transport missions with a "criminal mastermind" ..whether you yourself is wanted or not. If one is not paying attention this WILL get you slaughtered by the station you deliver them to if you are scanned. That's what the "stealth mode" can be used for there....but there is NO warning if you're just clicking passengers 20x a log-in to make credits. You have to read each and every one to make sure. I do not like it that the warning for criminals is merely reading the mission ...and that they are given whether you are wanted or not. "Surprise you picked up a criminal and didn't notice now your 100 million credit ship is destroyed again.".
    It would be nice if there was a larger warning for criminal passengers and assassination missions that are for "clean" targets...of which I saw no warnings whatsoever on those.

It is not a pleasant experience.

Steps to Reproduce
    Take assassination missions.
    Take single passenger transport missions.

Additional files?

Happened again about 20 minutes ago. I had worked for the last two days to remove my notoriety of 8 down to 0. Now it is back to 4 because I wasn't paying attention doing two assassination missions. The second one was for "CLEAN" "terrorists" AGAIN. I didn't even notice until I targeted a System Security ship that was shooting at me thinking it was a "terrorist". I had already killed all five of the "terrorists" wingmen so ...I just finished it and killed the "terrorist" cutter and collected the 3 mil . It wouldn't have mattered by then anyway. pfft
    This is extremely annoying.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23262728