Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 410

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission Targets not being flagged correctly

  1. #376
    Originally Posted by Scruffyphal View Post (Source)
    Not everyone has infinite free time to take on broken mission types and, as stated by someone else, not everyone knows that these are broken. Lost rep and and frustration await anyone who doesn't know and doesn't have hours and hours to grind out one mission. Of course I'm not going to do them, but others should be spared the same experience of taking a massacre and finding out they are completely borked. In the meantime, you can still grind pirates.
    Who's grinding? It's a fun and easy way to make loads of CRs and heaps of EFCs and BCs. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to do it. If you're that concerned about people taking these missions a better idea would be to put a message on the mission board warning these missions are bugged. Given how often ED missions get bugged it's probably an excellent idea to build that into the game.

  2. #377
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Given how often ED missions get bugged it's probably an excellent idea to build that into the game.
    HE HE HE, an interesting idea! When things go wrong, you'll know it is working as intended.

  3. #378
    I cant imagine claiming that "these missions can still be completed" and still wishing to be taken seriously. The game is broken as far as any rational person is concerned.

    It's been fun.

  4. #379
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Because these missions can still be done and I for one would appreciate being able to do them.
    No they can't. Target faction npcs do not show up as Mission Targets. The mission cannot be completed.

  5. #380
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Of course they should fix them. It they're an exercise in frustration for you then don't do them. I'll still be getting 40-60 EFCs or biotech conductors off the same 120 pirates thanks.
    You don't need this mission type to get those rewards.

  6. #381
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Who's grinding? It's a fun and easy way to make loads of CRs and heaps of EFCs and BCs. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to do it. If you're that concerned about people taking these missions a better idea would be to put a message on the mission board warning these missions are bugged. Given how often ED missions get bugged it's probably an excellent idea to build that into the game.
    DANGER - the game is broken. This task we give you won't reward you, but it may punish you since you can't complete it before the timer expires. - Cheers FDEV :)

  7. #382
    Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)
    No they can't. Target faction npcs do not show up as Mission Targets. The mission cannot be completed.
    Doing the impossible:



    There's another 8 or so missions that can't be shown because the transaction tab is too small. All completed.

    Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)
    You don't need this mission type to get those rewards.
    ???. Because I can get them another way this perfectly good and viable way must be shut down? Do you work for FD's nerf department?

  8. #383
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    All completed.
    Good for you, dude. Care to explain how you are finding that many correctly flagged mission targets and how long it takes you? I'm genuinely curious. Even in a HazRes one of those high volume missions would likely take over a dozen hours for me.

  9. #384
    I check out the target system before I take massacre missions. Make sure it's got enough RES/Beacons, check the spawn rates of the target faction. Then I just kill all the pirates. New pirates don't spawn until the old ones leave or die so I keep them churning as quickly as possible. The more that spawn the more likely they'll be in the target faction and correctly marked as a mission target. If an instance doesn't seem to be producing I just change sites or relog.

    The highest target count in that batch was 162 and I finished the last mission with 2-3 days to spare of the 7 day time limit. Which is about right since I play 1-2 hours a day and I can get around 20 mission targets an hour. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

  10. #385
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    I check out the target system before I take massacre missions. Make sure it's got enough RES/Beacons, check the spawn rates of the target faction. Then I just kill all the pirates. New pirates don't spawn until the old ones leave or die so I keep them churning as quickly as possible. The more that spawn the more likely they'll be in the target faction and correctly marked as a mission target. If an instance doesn't seem to be producing I just change sites or relog.

    The highest target count in that batch was 162 and I finished the last mission with 2-3 days to spare of the 7 day time limit. Which is about right since I play 1-2 hours a day and I can get around 20 mission targets an hour. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    While I have been able to compensate for the bug, similar to yourself (note that simply refreshing the system by dropping from Super Cruise or other changes of state can work too), I am frankly tired of this.

    This bug has almost singlehandedly sapped my will to log in as it feels considerably less satisfying to have to work around this issue, which we've been doing now for months (literally).

    It has greatly lengthened the time needed to do these missions and, while like you I do my best to do them in parallel for maximum gain (and also spawn rate in system, I might add), the persistence of this introduced error is an anathema.

    If this thread is still being monitored and is a top priority, know that it is the one bug fix everyone I play with is watching for in the upcoming patch notes.

    The turnaround time on this has been disappointing to put it mildly.

  11. #386
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Doing the impossible:



    There's another 8 or so missions that can't be shown because the transaction tab is too small. All completed.



    ???. Because I can get them another way this perfectly good and viable way must be shut down? Do you work for FD's nerf department?
    I would like you to show video evidence of yourself accepting massacre missions, then locating marked target ships in RES sites, USS, or flying around the systems themselves. Show us how you could possibly finish those missions in the amount of time typically required to see even 10-15 target ships appear while this bug is still present. Frankly I don't believe you.

    Do you know how many effing hours I have in ED? Right now I sit at 4500. I...... have REALLY ENJOYED the game, and have been working towards long term goals. Do you think if there was some way to complete these missions in a reasonable amount of time that I would just... give up and act like it's too hard?? Despite having 2 small children to watch during the day, there have been a couple days where I put OVER TEN HOURS into ED throughout a day in order to try to complete a massacre mission. I actually decided to put this to the test. At the end of close to ten hours of game play, I had something like 5-6 ships out of a 32 ship total, and like any sane, rational person I gave up after that much time.

    Stop acting like it is reasonable to claim "they can still be completed" when
    1) they usually cannot (ships dont spawn in time).
    2) it might take 24+ hours of CONSTANT PLAY to get enough of them to spawn.

    This is BROKEN and people should be warned before accepting them and damaging their rep!

  12. #387
    Originally Posted by Milkman76 View Post (Source)
    I would like you to show video evidence of yourself accepting massacre missions, then locating marked target ships in RES sites, USS, or flying around the systems themselves. Show us how you could possibly finish those missions in the amount of time typically required to see even 10-15 target ships appear while this bug is still present. Frankly I don't believe you.

    Do you know how many effing hours I have in ED? Right now I sit at 4500. I...... have REALLY ENJOYED the game, and have been working towards long term goals. Do you think if there was some way to complete these missions in a reasonable amount of time that I would just... give up and act like it's too hard?? Despite having 2 small children to watch during the day, there have been a couple days where I put OVER TEN HOURS into ED throughout a day in order to try to complete a massacre mission. I actually decided to put this to the test. At the end of close to ten hours of game play, I had something like 5-6 ships out of a 32 ship total, and like any sane, rational person I gave up after that much time.

    Stop acting like it is reasonable to claim "they can still be completed" when
    1) they usually cannot (ships dont spawn in time).
    2) it might take 24+ hours of CONSTANT PLAY to get enough of them to spawn.

    This is BROKEN and people should be warned before accepting them and damaging their rep!
    He is correct and they can be completed.

    However, to do so requires forcibly triggering multiple zone refreshes and resets as often as possible and takes considerably longer than it would normally. What's especially ironic is that it is more cumbersome and takes coordinating if you are doing a Wing mission to make sure the refresh is actually applied. It is further easier to do, it seems, by having multiple mission givers give these missions in order to heighten the spawn rates.

    Your frustration is warranted as it is beyond what you should need to do to hunt these pirates, but it is possible to do.

    Possible, however, doesn't mean fun, engaging or without considerable additional jury-rigged measures to complete.

    Without those measures, it would certainly seem impossible.

  13. #388
    They might be "working" inasmuch as careful mission selection can yield acceptable results for a seasoned player, but they're not "working as intended" which seems to be the golden phrase around these parts for things that are not bugged.

    The analysis and workaround, even though it is arguably more immersive in terms of having to dive a little deeper into the local systems' politics and geography, is clever but it certainly doesn't solve the problem of the neophyte player who takes one or more of these missions then realises she'll have to spend the next ten hours grinding for pirates, or abandon the mission. Especially if she doesn't frequent the forums or other feedback channels. The game itself offers scant information on things that are working correctly, let alone those that might not be.

    A couple of days ago a colleague who's only been playing for a few months told me he'd picked up a bounty for a friendly fire incident in a conflict zone, didn't know how to pay it off, and was getting annoyed at the harassment from bounty hunters given limited play time in the evening. I had to explain the Interstellar Factors, and ultimately pointed him at INARA as the fastest way to find an IF. I can only imagine how annoyed he'd have been if he'd taken one of these massacre missions.

    Sorry, metatheurgist. I do understand where you're coming from, and I like the extra layer of interaction that you've added in order to make these missions continue to work for you, but when it comes down to numbers I'm with Spock on this one. There are more players getting annoyed by these broken missions than are gaining from them. If the missions can't be fixed they really ought to be removed until they can.

  14. #389
    I still dont see it, no.

    When the issue FIRST began happening, well over a year ago, I made numerous tickets to frontier. At that time, and at every occasion that this problem showed itself to me again for the next.... 12... 18.. cant even remember how many months, I would try all the different methods of refreshing the spawns.

    My ticket read something like:
    At first I thought I could leave the system, then return / log out/log in / dock/undock / jump in/out of RES/CZ/etc and get target ships spawning again. This worked a couple times, and so I thought I could do this and depend on it. Not true - this method often "dries up" as well, and target ships simply dont show up for unacceptable amounts of time.

    How are you "triggering" target ships again?

  15. #390
    Originally Posted by Milkman76 View Post (Source)
    I still dont see it, no.

    When the issue FIRST began happening, well over a year ago, I made numerous tickets to frontier. At that time, and at every occasion that this problem showed itself to me again for the next.... 12... 18.. cant even remember how many months, I would try all the different methods of refreshing the spawns.

    My ticket read something like:
    At first I thought I could leave the system, then return / log out/log in / dock/undock / jump in/out of RES/CZ/etc and get target ships spawning again. This worked a couple times, and so I thought I could do this and depend on it. Not true - this method often "dries up" as well, and target ships simply dont show up for unacceptable amounts of time.

    How are you "triggering" target ships again?
    I think there are two bugs that manifest very similarly. I've read descriptions about the older bug and it reads differently but I accept that may just be my interpretation.

    The simplest way to work around the bug is forcing a reload of the zone containing the desired targets. The kicker is that it has to be a full reload of that zone, and it's not 100% reliable.

    By full reload I mean:

    1. No players can be in that shard when you change states. For example, if you're in a team, you _all_ need to drop out of Super Cruise to force a fresh load of system traffic, and all be down in a gravity well/UCC/floating idly in space at the same time. If you are, you can all shift back up again to see a freshly loaded system of targets.

    2. If you are seeing a ton of odd ship affiliations (i.e. groups from halfway around the cosmos), spare yourself some time and just reset it again. That's a known borked load (least to my mind).

    Whatever this bug is, it's streaky as all get out, so you see a cluster of valid targets and then nada. Resetting the zone, which requires no players in that locale to do a fresh load, does work over multiple attempts. Gives a good excuse to mine USS's as well, which often have a bunch of valid targets.

    However, the fact that this was something my squadron had to figure out, on their own, to work around a bug that has been lingering for months?

    As I said, disappointing is the mildest phrasing I have for it because thinking about it makes me angry to the point of irrationality. This should not have been left in this state for a paid for product with a live service group for this kind of time. Period.