Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission Targets not being flagged correctly

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #361
    Hello Commanders,

First off, our apologies for the delay in getting back to you all on this thread. While I cannot currently offer any specifics, I can say that this is something that our QA team are currently investigating and when we have further information to share, we'll be back in touch via this or another thread in our News and Updates forum.

In the meantime, please do continue to add your reports to this thread for our QA team to collate, as all further information only helps us to understand the issue further.

Kind regards,

Paige

Why not just close the mission type?

I mean you nerf cash cows, but you leave game features intact that can cause reputation decay.

If these missions made money- you'd kill them in five minutes.

It's broken so you'll let it stay in game for months?

Reading between the lines, folks, this one ain't gonna be fixed in 3.1.

Astonishing. They had code that worked, then something changed and they had code that doesn't work, it's taken over three months of investigation and they still don't know what's changed? I know this stuff is complicated and I hate to do the armchair developer thing, but really? Three months?

It's been said so many times on this thread alone... for heaven's sake FD, please consider taking the bugged missions out until this is resolved. Not everyone reads these forums or other feedback channels. How many relatively new players might ED be losing because they're taking these missions, not realising they're bugged, assuming that every mission in the game is near impossible or at least ridiculously time-intensive, and bailing?

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

First off, our apologies for the delay in getting back to you all on this thread. While I cannot currently offer any specifics, I can say that this is something that our QA team are currently investigating and when we have further information to share, we'll be back in touch via this or another thread in our News and Updates forum.

In the meantime, please do continue to add your reports to this thread for our QA team to collate, as all further information only helps us to understand the issue further.

Kind regards,

Paige
    Ähm, sorry? „ ... to understand this issue?“ just log in the Game, pick up a pirate kill Mission and try to find these pirates as mentioned in the Mission board. I‘m sure after that you‘ll understand. Has your QA Team access to the Game? Do they Play it from Time to Time? Curious....

Originally Posted by Veloceraptor View Post (Source)
    Ähm, sorry? „ ... to understand this issue?“ just log in the Game, pick up a pirate kill Mission and try to find these pirates as mentioned in the Mission board. I‘m sure after that you‘ll understand. Has your QA Team access to the Game? Do they Play it from Time to Time? Curious....
    Community service just giving us a generic response to hopefully shut us up. I'm 100% certain that they have all the repro steps, and the devs/designers know the scripts that are failing and need to be adjusted. It's just not high enough on the Jira priority list to get fixed. Or, maybe it has been fixed and will be in the next update, but won't tell us until testing confirms the fix. Pick your poison.

I'm assuming that whatever changed the way the code for how these missions work is a large part of the current gameplay - I'd guess it's related to the Crime & Punishment system. Therefore, any "bug fix" basically requires a rewriting of some pretty serious stuff. I'm going to cross my fingers that they're going to fix this with Q2... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Hello Commanders,

Kind regards,

Paige
    Thanks.:)

Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)
    Why not just close the mission type?

I mean you nerf cash cows, but you leave game features intact that can cause reputation decay.

If these missions made money- you'd kill them in five minutes.

It's broken so you'll let it stay in game for months?
    Because these missions can still be done and I for one would appreciate being able to do them.

Hello Commanders,

Kind regards,

Paige
    Well... thanks for the apology but what is the point of communicating if you're not going to say anything meaningful? Three weeks of silence then: "we're investigating". I would very much hope that the QA team is investigating an issue that has existed for months, what do you pay them for otherwise?

But "no specifics" and "we'll let you know when we have new information"? Really? We currently have ZERO information so literally anything would be welcomed. We don't know when we should expect a fix, should we just be waiting until the next major update? We have no idea why it's taking so long, is it a major issue with ship spawning and bounty generation systems? Actually respecting the people in this thread and letting us have an insight into the ongoing process would go a long way to diluting the salt build up in this thread. Right now I expect to wait another 3 weeks for someone from FDev to say the exact same thing.

This really is garbage tier customer support, please up your game.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Because these missions can still be done and I for one would appreciate being able to do them.
    They can 'technically' still be done but why would you bother when it's an exercise in frustration? Some reports have mission targets as low as 1/10 out of the correct faction and if the target system has no res sites you can pretty much forget about completing them in a reasonable time frame. I am honestly a little shocked that people are still taking these missions that might take 10x longer than intended to finish. What's your thought process?

They should take them out if they can't fix them, they are putting off new players with this kind of thing.

Would it not be possible as an alternative short term fix to
    1. just make the missions kill X pirates of no specific faction
    Or
    2 Kill X pirates of no particular faction but who are wanted by the target faction
    3 Reduce the number of pirates that must be killed

I tried one again last night but it is still broken. I struggled to find more than 1 mission target in the Navigation Beacon or a High RES

How is it possible that this very basic issue remains? Is it going to be fixed in 3.1 at least?

Originally Posted by Scruffyphal View Post (Source)
    They can 'technically' still be done but why would you bother when it's an exercise in frustration? Some reports have mission targets as low as 1/10 out of the correct faction and if the target system has no res sites you can pretty much forget about completing them in a reasonable time frame. I am honestly a little shocked that people are still taking these missions that might take 10x longer than intended to finish. What's your thought process?

They should take them out if they can't fix them, they are putting off new players with this kind of thing.
    Of course they should fix them. It they're an exercise in frustration for you then don't do them. I'll still be getting 40-60 EFCs or biotech conductors off the same 120 pirates thanks.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Of course they should fix them. It they're an exercise in frustration for you then don't do them. I'll still be getting 40-60 EFCs or biotech conductors off the same 120 pirates thanks.
    Not everyone has infinite free time to take on broken mission types and, as stated by someone else, not everyone knows that these are broken. Lost rep and and frustration await anyone who doesn't know and doesn't have hours and hours to grind out one mission. Of course I'm not going to do them, but others should be spared the same experience of taking a massacre and finding out they are completely borked. In the meantime, you can still grind pirates.

Originally Posted by Scruffyphal View Post (Source)
    Not everyone has infinite free time to take on broken mission types and, as stated by someone else, not everyone knows that these are broken. Lost rep and and frustration await anyone who doesn't know and doesn't have hours and hours to grind out one mission. Of course I'm not going to do them, but others should be spared the same experience of taking a massacre and finding out they are completely borked. In the meantime, you can still grind pirates.
    Who's grinding? It's a fun and easy way to make loads of CRs and heaps of EFCs and BCs. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to do it. If you're that concerned about people taking these missions a better idea would be to put a message on the mission board warning these missions are bugged. Given how often ED missions get bugged it's probably an excellent idea to build that into the game.