Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club presents: Poisson d'avril (Mar 31st - Apr 8th)

i think it depends, if i'm going to do trading, I use eddb.io to find trade routes

Originally Posted by Milner View Post (Source)
    Is there any online tool to plot routes outside the game? I assume the best way to plot is going to be in game using galmap to optimise the route?
    https://bitbucket.org/Esvandiary/edts is a racer's best friend. It's not necessarily easy to use (command line python) but nothing else is as powerful and fast for multipoint route optimization.

I simply use edtools to give me the basic distance table and then sniff out a route from there. I haven't gone beyond a basic idea yet, and that idea might crash and burn once I start looking at the distances of the ports from the jump points, which I haven't gotten around to do yet.

Intent to race
    CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
    regulation Dolphin 'Whisper of Freedom'
    Getting logged out of the forum repeatedly today... hope the game is better! I might try an Engineered ship later but I'll see how I get on with this first, seems fitting to run the Dolphin before trying anything else.

Originally Posted by Bruski View Post (Source)
    https://bitbucket.org/Esvandiary/edts is a racer's best friend. It's not necessarily easy to use (command line python) but nothing else is as powerful and fast for multipoint route optimization.
    Thanks bruski, had a quick look and used python years ago but don't really remember it . Will have to have a proper try at it.

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    I simply use edtools to give me the basic distance table and then sniff out a route from there. I haven't gone beyond a basic idea yet, and that idea might crash and burn once I start looking at the distances of the ports from the jump points, which I haven't gotten around to do yet.
    Didn't know about that site, very useful. The table is excellent and can use that on the tablet and then 'just' need to figure out the best way to use the info...

This race is giving me a headache and I haven't even started thinking about it yet (just winging it on the day will be fine yeah?).

Anyhoo, just wanted to say I'm having far too much fun here at the moment, plus I've half-promised to go and visit Bomba Luigi this weekend so I might be a late starter on this one.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    This race is giving me a headache and I haven't even started thinking about it yet
    Grumpy Cat "Good" .jpg

Tentative intent to race:

CMDR Stern Winter
    Reg. Dolphin "Frozen Flipper Filet" (which I still have to buy and outfit).

n.b. credit to Jude Walker on facebook for this!

for the Fly Fishing bonus, when it says "visit" the Rod or Pole systems, does that mean to dock at any station there? or just pass through as a hyperspace jump?

Originally Posted by MostlyEvilKiwi View Post (Source)
    for the Fly Fishing bonus, when it says "visit" the Rod or Pole systems, does that mean to dock at any station there? or just pass through as a hyperspace jump?
    Just pass through.

Inglorious Barsturd:

The shortest Ly route may not necessarily be the quickest.

Not if I did my job properly.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast